OCEAN BLUE HOTEL RHODES : HOTEL RHODES
Ocean blue hotel rhodes : Cheap hotels budapest : Bed and breakfast scheveningen.
Ocean Blue Hotel Rhodes
- "Ocean Blue" is a song by ABC released as the fourth single from their album How to Be aZillionaire!.
Natural Stones Granite
The Ocean Blue, formed in Hershey, Pennsylvania in 1986, is an American indie pop band that combines melodic guitars and synthesizers.
- British colonial financier and statesman in South Africa; made a fortune in gold and diamond mining; helped colonize the territory now known as Zimbabwe; he endowed annual fellowships for British Commonwealth and United States students to study at Oxford University (1853-1902)
- a Greek island in the southeast Aegean Sea 10 miles off the Turkish coast; the largest of the Dodecanese; it was colonized before 1000 BC by Dorians from Argos; site of the Colossus of Rhodes
- A Greek island in the southeastern Aegean Sea, off the Turkish coast. It is the largest of the Dodecanese Islands and the most easterly of the islands in the Aegean Sea; pop. 98,000
- Rhodes (?????, Rodos, ) is a Greek island approximately southwest of Turkey in the eastern Aegean Sea. It is the largest of the Dodecanese islands in terms of both land area and population, with a population of 117,007 of which 53,709 resided in the homonymous capital city of the island.
- Its capital, a port on the northern tip; pop. 42,000. It was founded c.408 bc and was the site of the Colossus of Rhodes
- A code word representing the letter H, used in radio communication
- In French contexts an hotel particulier is an urban "private house" of a grand sort. Whereas an ordinary maison was built as part of a row, sharing party walls with the houses on either side and directly fronting on a street, an hotel particulier was often free-standing, and by the eighteenth
- A hotel is an establishment that provides paid lodging on a short-term basis. The provision of basic accommodation, in times past, consisting only of a room with a bed, a cupboard, a small table and a washstand has largely been replaced by rooms with modern facilities, including en-suite
- a building where travelers can pay for lodging and meals and other services
- An establishment providing accommodations, meals, and other services for travelers and tourists
The beautiful idyllic island of Mljet
Mljet (Latin: Melita, Italian: Meleda) is the most southerly and easterly of the larger Adriatic islands of the Dalmatia region of Croatia.
According to the 2001 census, Mljet has population of 1,111. Croats make up an absolute majority with 97.93% of the population.
Mljet lies south of the Peljesac peninsula, from which it is divided by the Mljet Channel. Its length is 23 miles; its average breadth 2 miles (3.2 km). It is of volcanic origin, with numerous chasms and gorges, of which the longest, the Babino Polje, connects the north and south of the island. Port Polace, the principal harbour in the north, is a port of call for tourist ferries. Mljet contains one hotel - The Odisej (from the Greek Odysseus) in the north-west corner of the island.
The northwestern part of the island includes an inland sea as well as a small island within it. It has been a national park since November 12, 1960.
Ancient Greeks called the island "Melita" or "honey" which over the centuries evolved to become the Slavic name, Mljet (pronounced "mill-YET").
Mljet has been discovered by ancient Greco-Roman geographers, whom brought first records and descriptions. The island was first described by Scylax of Caryanda in the 6th century BC others prefer the text, Periplus of Pseudo-Scylax. In both texts it is named Melite and supported by Apollonius of Rhodes. Agathemerus and Pliny the Elder call the island Melita. Agesilaus of Anaxarba, who had been governor of Cilicia, was banished to Mljet by the Roman Emperor Septimus Severus (AD 145-211).
Mljet is mentioned around 950 by the Byzantine Emperor Constantine VII Porphyrogenitos in his Of Ruling an Empire as one of the islands held by the Neretvians. The island was often a controversy of ownership between Pagania and Zachlumia until the stronger unifications of the Serbian realm in the 12th century.
Mljet has been regarded as the "Melita" on which Saint Paul was shipwrecked, this view being first expounded in the 10th century, by Eastern Roman Emperor Constantine Porphyrogenitus. This view conflicts with the historically attested shipwreck of Saint Paul on the Mediterranean island of Malta. A harbour named after the Saint exists on both islands.
The Benedictines from Pulsano in Apulia became the feudal lords of the island in 1151, having come from Monte Gargano in Italy. They came ashore in the Sutmiholjska cove and Serbian Prince Desa of the House of Vojislavljevic built and donated to them the Church and Monastery of Saint Mary on the islet in the Big Lake (1187-1198). Pope Innocent III issued a document consecrating the church in 1198.
The island was under the rule of Stefan Nemanja in 1166-1168. In 1222, the Serbian King Stefan II the First-crowned of Nemanja gifted his lands and monasteries and church on Krkar to the Benedictine Order of Mljet. After serving as the last Serbian maritime bastion, Serbian Emperor Stefan Uros V gifted the island to Balsa I in 1357.
The Benedictines renounced their rule over the island in 1345, keeping only a third of the land. The island got a statute and a municipality in Babino Polje. It was formally annexed by the Republic of Ragusa in 1410. According to the Contract with the Benedictines, the municipality had to pay 300 perpers each year.
In the 16th century, the monastery was the center of the Mljet Congregation (Congregatio Melitensem or Melitanam), gathering all the monasteries of Benedictine monks in the area of the Republic of Ragusa. The first president of the Congregation was Mavro Vetranovic, the abbot of the Mljet monastery and the famous poet. Another great poet was abbot there - Ignjat Durdevic in the 18th century. As time went by, the Benedictine monastery on Mljet lost its importance, while the seat of the Mljet Congregation moved to Sveti Jakov near Ragusa.
In 1809, during the rule of Napoleon, the Mljet monastery was disbanded. When Austria took over the island, it placed the forestry office in the building. Between the world wars, the building was owned by the Rugusa (Dubrovnik) Bishopric. In 1960 it became a hotel, and in 1998 it was returned to the bishopric.
The island has a long history of eco-damage. In order to ease their transport problems, the monks dug a channel to the south coast, from the lake, thus turning both fresh-water lakes into seawater-based ones.
The second incident involves mongooses. These were introduced onto the island in the Middle Ages in order to reduce the snake population (the island was apparently completely overrun). Whilst the mongooses completed this task, they also disposed of pretty much all the birdlife of the island, especially eggs. To this day, the island is notably short of hedgerow birds such as sparrows.
Over 72% of the island of 388 square miles (1,000 km2) is forest. The island's geological structure consists of limestone and dolomite forming ridges, crests and slopes. A few depressions on the island of Mljet are below sea level and are known a
Starboy of the Oceans Blue
As StarBoy of the Oceans Blue prepares to fight the injustices plaguing the seas of the world, Chibi the Sky Devil swoops down in hopes of a capture. Aware of their hero’s impending demise, Bibliona the Magical Marine Magpie and Sir Webster Waterhound surface and ready themselves for battle.
I’m taking bets. Who’s gonna win this one?
hotel babel buenos aires
monopol hotel frankfurt
jeffrey dahmer ambassador hotel
luxury hotels rio
palazzo hotel las vegas map
bed and breakfast in kona
hotels hamburg altona
premiere classe hotel