"O Father may that Holy Star
Grow every year more bright,
And send its glorious beams afar
To fill the world with light."
William Cullen Bryant
"It is easy to think Christmas,
and it is easy to believe Christmas,
but it is hard to act Christmas."
Ivan Pavao II. je 1999. godine pred Božić objasnio kako Božić nije jednostavno prisjećanje događaja koji se zbio prije 2000 godina, kako piše Evanđelje, kad Je BOg u obliku djeteta sišao među ljude. Božić je stvarnost koja se obnavlja svake godine u srcima vjernika.
Tajna Svete noći, koja se je povijesno dogodila prije 2000 godina, mora postati duhovni događaj sadašnjosti. Riječ Božja koja se nastanila u Marijinoj utrobi sada kuca na srca svih ljudi. Neka se Božić danas rodi i u našem srcu. Sretan nam Božić.
1. You shall not leave ‘Christ’ out of Christmas, making it ‘Xmas.’ To some, ‘X’ is unknown.
2. You shall prepare your soul for Christmas. Spend not so much on gifts that your soul is forgotten.
3. You shall not let Santa Claus replace Christ, thus robbing the day of its spiritual reality.
4. You shall not burden the shop girl, the mailman, and the merchant with complaints and demands.
5. You shall give yourself with your gift. This will increase its value a hundred fold, and the one who receives it shall treasure it forever.
6. You shall not value gifts received by their cost. Even the least expensive may signify love, and that is more priceless than silver and gold.
7. You shall not neglect the needy. Share your blessings with many who will go hungry and cold if you are generous.
8. You shall not neglect your church. Its services highlight the true meaning of the season.
9. You shall be as a little child. Not until you become in spirit as a little one are you ready to enter into the kingdom of Heaven.
10. You shall give your heart to Christ. Let Him be at the top of your Christmas list.