DECORATIVE CANDLE LAMPS : WATER DECOR.
Decorative Candle Lamps
- Serving to make something look more attractive; ornamental
- (decoratively) in a decorative manner; "used decoratively at Christmas"
- Relating to decoration
- cosmetic: serving an esthetic rather than a useful purpose; "cosmetic fenders on cars"; "the buildings were utilitarian rather than decorative"
- (decorativeness) an appearance that serves to decorate and make something more attractive
- A cylinder or block of wax or tallow with a central wick that is lit to produce light as it burns
- examine eggs for freshness by holding them against a light
- stick of wax with a wick in the middle
- the basic unit of luminous intensity adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites; equal to 1/60 of the luminous intensity per square centimeter of a black body radiating at the temperature of 2,046 degrees Kelvin
- A unit of luminous intensity, superseded by the candela
- An electrical device producing ultraviolet, infrared, or other radiation, used for therapeutic purposes
- A source of spiritual or intellectual inspiration
- A device for giving light, either one consisting of an electric bulb together with its holder and shade or cover, or one burning gas or a liquid fuel and consisting of a wick or mantle and a glass shade
- (lamp) a piece of furniture holding one or more electric light bulbs
- (Lamp (advertisement)) Lamp is a television and cinema advertisement released in September 2002 to promote the IKEA chain of furniture stores in the United States.
- (lamp) an artificial source of visible illumination
Fairy Lamps: Elegance in Candle Lighting (A Schiffer Book for Collectors)
Candle powered "fairy lamps" made Victorian and Edwardian homes glow with light, and make modern collectors glow with nostalgia. Over 800 lamps made from 1880 through the 1930s are shown in full color in this new book. The lamps range from the simplest examples given out with boxes of candles to the most extravagant chandelier assemblages made for lords, rajahs, and royalty. As part of the fascinating history of lighting devices and fuels, this work draws upon many primary sources to trace the development of fairy lamps, and catalog examples that can be found on today's market. It provides an indispensable resource for collectors and dealers, of lighting devices, pottery, and art glass.
steampunk lamp 3
here you see the original candle lamps, as well another brass socket, which would be more diffcicult to mount.
actually i have even removed the bottom of the energy saver bulb, and soldered the wires into the socket.
this is because the black socket is for a different type of lamps!
this is not recommended as instructable. electric energy can be deadly!
this lamp is completely unsafe, especially after the modification.
I planted three bulbs in the city. Three coins in the fountain. Three candles in the wind. They grew. My personal Sistine Pantheon. Eternal.
decorative candle lamps
Accent a corner of your room with this smart-looking, electric candle lamp. Measuring 12 inches tall including the bulb, the lamp has a bright brass color base and a contrasting white candle cover. A 6 foot tan cord is provided with a matching on-off wheel switch. The plug is polarized and has a built-in fuse for extra safety. Also included is a 7 watt clear tapered bulb. The colonial style design complements any traditional home. Each candle is U.L. listed and is boxed individually for protection in shipping. This offer includes 2 candle lamps. For hundreds more craft, art and hobby products, be sure to visit our National Artcraft Storefront. We have the creative component you need.
modern home decor accessories
decorating teens rooms
decorating log cabins
southwest wall decor
living room dining room combo decorating ideas