ANTIQUE HOOKED RUGS : HOOKED RUGS
Antique Hooked Rugs : Terrys Carpets Blackpool : Carpet For Basements
Antique Hooked Rugs
- (Hooked Rug) This type of rug is made by pushing loops of yarn through a canvas backing. Making a hooked rug is a relatively quick and easy process and it is an affordable alternative to an authentic knotted rug.
- Rug hooking is both an art and a craft where rugs are made by pulling loops of yarn or fabric through a stiff woven base such as burlap, linen, or rug warp. The loops are pulled through the backing material by using a crochet-type hook mounted in a handle (usually wood) for leverage.
- shop for antiques; "We went antiquing on Saturday"
- old-timer: an elderly man
- A collectible object such as a piece of furniture or work of art that has a high value because of its considerable age
- made in or typical of earlier times and valued for its age; "the beautiful antique French furniture"
I wish I knew the artist or the designer, but I can't credit either creative soul for this work, as it wasn't labeled. I saw this in an antique mall & loved it. Sadly, it was priced appropriately so I was unable to afford it!!
I'm not sure if I hate it more: when antique dealers undervalue handmade items, or when they value it enough to price it appropriately!!
rare Hawaiian applique quilt from 1910's. measures 8'x8', huge. orange fabric cut in ONE PIECE, like a paper snowflake children make, and sewed onto the background.
red carpet inn and suites new london
diy area rug
kids car rugs
professional carpet cleaning sydney
carpet industry news