Chicken calories per ounce : Low calorie sushi choices : Cheap low carb meals.
Chicken Calories Per Ounce
- (caloric) of or relating to calories in food; "comparison of foods on a caloric basis"; "the caloric content of foods"
- (caloric) thermal: relating to or associated with heat; "thermal movements of molecules"; "thermal capacity"; "thermic energy"; "the caloric effect of sunlight"
- The energy needed to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water through 1 °C (now usually defined as 4.1868 joules)
- The energy needed to raise the temperature of 1 kilogram of water through 1 °C, equal to one thousand small calories and often used to measure the energy value of foods
- Either of two units of heat energy
- (calorie) a unit of heat equal to the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of one kilogram of water by one degree at one atmosphere pressure; used by nutritionists to characterize the energy-producing potential in food
- the flesh of a chicken used for food
- a domestic fowl bred for flesh or eggs; believed to have been developed from the red jungle fowl
- easily frightened
- A unit of weight of one sixteenth of a pound avoirdupois (approximately 28 grams)
- a unit of apothecary weight equal to 480 grains or one twelfth of a pound
- A unit of one twelfth of a pound troy or apothecaries' measure, equal to 480 grains (approximately 31 grams)
- snow leopard: large feline of upland central Asia having long thick whitish fur
- The ounce (abbreviated: oz, the old Italian word onza, now spelled oncia; apothecary symbol: ?) is a unit of mass with several definitions, the most commonly used of which are equal to approximately 28 grams.
- A very small amount of something
Chipotle Pork Posole
From Martha Stewart Everyday Food - April 2008
1 tbsp olive oil
1 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb) halved crosswise
coarse salt and ground pepper
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp minced chipotle chiles in adobo
2 cans (14.5 ounces each) reduced sodium chicken broth
2 cans (15.5 ounces each) hominy, rinsed and drained
1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes in juice
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
lime wedges, for serving (optional)
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium. SEason
pork with salt and pepper. Cook until browned on all
sides, 6 to 7 minutes. Transfer pork to a plate and
set aside (reserve pan). Place onion and garlic in
pan: Season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium,
stirring occasionally, until onion begins to soften, 4
to 5 minutes.
2. Add chiles, and cook until fragrant, about 1
minute. Add broth, hominy, tomatoes, pork, and 2 cups
of water. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer. Cook
until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the
center of pork registers 145°, 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Transfer pork to a work surface, and shred with 2
forks; return to pan. Top soup with cilantro, and, if
desired, serve with lime wedges.
4 generous servings
Per serving: 325 calories, 8.8 g fat, 3.6 g fiber (7
1. I used double garlic and chipotle b/c we like
2. I used fat free broth, which drops the points a
little (I think to 6...but I haven't calculated it in
a few days and forgot to hit save).
3. The pork took longer to cook in the end. I used a
small tenderloin and didn't cut it in half.
4. Don't skimp on the line and cilantro. They add a
5. This was even better the next day!
Lemon Herb Chicken Ring
Lemon Herb Chicken Ring
2 cups coarsely chopped cooked chicken
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning Mix
1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
Preheat oven to 375°F. Coarsely chop chicken. Dice bell pepper. Place chicken and bell pepper in a bowl. Chop parsley. Zest lemon to measure 1 teaspoon zest. Cut lemon into thin slices; cut slices in half and set aside for garnish.
Add 2 tablespoons of the parsley, lemon zest, garlic, mozzarella cheese, mayonnaise and seasoning mix to a bowl; mix well. Grate Parmesan cheese. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the cheese. Add remaining cheese to chicken mixture; mix well.
Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles. Arrange triangles, slightly overlapping, in a circle on Large Round Stone with wide ends 4 inches from edge of baking stone. (Points will extend off the edge of the baking stone.) Roll wide ends of dough toward center to create a 5-inch opening.
Spoon chicken mixture evenly over dough in a continuous circle. Bring points of triangles up over filling and tuck under dough at center to form a ring. (Filling will show.) Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese over ring. Bake 28-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; garnish with lemon slices and remaining parsley.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 450, Total Fat 30 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Carbohydrate 24 g, Protein 19 g, Sodium 740 mg, Fiber 0 g
calories in slice of bread
calculating maintenance calories
low calorie english muffins
how many calories you burn running a mile
calorie counter for foods
stop drinking coffee lose weight
weight loss for good
low carb weight loss programs
how to make low fat alfredo sauce
high calorie formula