SAN FRANCISCO HOTEL MOTEL. SAN FRANCISCO
SAN FRANCISCO HOTEL MOTEL. INN AT PELICAN BAY REVIEWS
San Francisco Hotel Motel
- a port in western California near the Golden Gate that is one of the major industrial and transportation centers; it has one of the world's finest harbors; site of the Golden Gate Bridge
San Francisco is an album by jazz vibraphonist Bobby Hutcherson and saxophonist Harold Land, released on the Blue Note label. The album features a shift away from the usual hard bop / post-bop style pursued previously by Hutcherson and Land, and shifts towards a jazz fusion style.
A city and seaport in western California, on the coast, on a peninsula between the Pacific Ocean and San Francisco Bay; pop. 776,733. The city suffered severe damage from earthquakes in 1906 and in 1989
San Francisco, officially the City and County of San Francisco, is the fourth most populous city in California and the 12th most populous city in the United States, with a 2009 estimated population of 815,358.
- A hotel is an establishment that provides paid lodging on a short-term basis. The provision of basic accommodation, in times past, consisting only of a room with a bed, a cupboard, a small table and a washstand has largely been replaced by rooms with modern facilities, including en-suite
- In French contexts an hotel particulier is an urban "private house" of a grand sort. Whereas an ordinary maison was built as part of a row, sharing party walls with the houses on either side and directly fronting on a street, an hotel particulier was often free-standing, and by the eighteenth
- An establishment providing accommodations, meals, and other services for travelers and tourists
- A code word representing the letter H, used in radio communication
- a building where travelers can pay for lodging and meals and other services
- a motor hotel
- A roadside hotel designed primarily for motorists, typically having the rooms arranged in a low building with parking directly outside
- A motel is a hotel designed for motorists, and usually has a parking area for motor vehicles. They are common in the United States.
- Motel is the debut album by the Mexican soul-rock band, of the same name. The album was released in March 28, 2006, in Mexico, their homeland. And later, after four months, the album was released in countries like Guatemala, Venezuela, Chile, and the United States.
Villa Roma Motor Hotel, San Francisco 1963
Promoted as “San Francisco’s Most Elegant Motor Hotel,” the Villa Roma opened around 1962 in the city’s North Beach district. The Villa Roma, once located at 1212 Columbus Ave., offered the utmost in modern furnishings, a view with every room, and a fabulous cocktail lounge. Alas, the Villa Roma disappeared in the 1990s, only to be replaced by a mega-Marriott Hotel.
I have an old Villa Roma postcard, postmarked June 7, 1962. On the back, the hand-written message begins... "this is the motel to end all motels; the view from our window is the Bay, shipping, and Alcatraz, so interesting, we can hardly tear ourselves away..."
And so it was.
Source of picture above: July 26, 1963 issue of Life Magazine, p. 73
Dell Webb's Towne House (Trinity Plaza), Heart of Civic Center, San Francisco (1962)
Dell Webb's Towne House, Market at Eighth
San Francisco's new, luxurious, fully air conditioned 400 room motor hotel. Distinguished Carriage Room restaurant and lounge, Coffee House, Garden Terrace dining area, heated pool, "do it yourself" services as ice cube dispensers on each floor, and ample free parking.
scandic webers hotel copenhagen
hotels with in room spas
hotel accommodation cambridge
cheap hotel rates in florida
crystal inn north east
la residence hotel and spa hue