CORK FLOORING IMAGES : FLOORING IMAGES
Cork Flooring Images : Baby Floor Rugs.
Cork Flooring Images
- Flooring is the general term for a permanent covering of a floor, or for the work of installing such a floor covering. Floor covering is a term to ally describe any finish material applied over a floor structure to provide a walking surface.
One of the easiest of modern resilient floor coverings, the flooring is made from the bark of cork oak trees, a renewable material.
- A visible impression obtained by a camera, telescope, microscope, or other device, or displayed on a video screen
- An optical appearance or counterpart produced by light or other radiation from an object reflected in a mirror or refracted through a lens
- (image) an iconic mental representation; "her imagination forced images upon her too awful to contemplate"
- (image) render visible, as by means of MRI
- (image) persona: (Jungian psychology) a personal facade that one presents to the world; "a public image is as fragile as Humpty Dumpty"
- A representation of the external form of a person or thing in sculpture, painting, etc
"Is there anybody there?" said the Traveller
Image: Kanturk Castle, North Cork, Ireland.
One of my all-time favorite poems - evocative and mysterious.
The Listeners by Walter De La Mare
'Is there anybody there?' said the Traveller,
Knocking on the moonlit door;
And his horse in the silence champed the grasses
Of the forest's ferny floor.
And a bird flew up out of the turret,
Above the Traveller's head:
And he smote upon the door again a second time;
'Is there anybody there?' he said.
But no one descended to the Traveller;
No head from the leaf-fringed sill
Leaned over and looked into his grey eyes,
Where he stood perplexed and still.
But only a host of phantom listeners
That dwelt in the lone house then
Stood listening in the quiet of the moonlight
To that voice from the world of men:
Stood thronging the faint moonbeams on the dark stair,
That goes down to the empty hall,
Hearkening in an air stirred and shaken
By the lonely Traveller's call.
And he felt in his heart their strangeness,
Their stillness answering his cry,
While his horse moved, cropping the dark turf,
'Neath the starred and leafy sky;
For he suddenly smote on the door, even
Louder, and lifted his head:—
'Tell them I came, and no one answered,
That I kept my word,' he said.
Never the least stir made the listeners,
Though every word he spake
Fell echoing through the shadowiness of the still house
From the one man left awake:
Ay, they heard his foot upon the stirrup,
And the sound of iron on stone,
And how the silence surged softly backward,
When the plunging hoofs were gone.
British novelist and poet, loosely connected with the literary tradition of Wordsworth and Coleridge. De la Mare's reputation as a poet was established by the volume THE LISTENERS AND OTHER POEMS (1912). Vita Sackville-West once called him a "poet of dusk". De la Mare wrote for both children and adults.
Why exactly is there a cork on the fork?
Strobist Info: Olympus FL-50 @full into shoot through umbrella high cam right. Vivitar 285HV @1/4 on floor into silver reflector pointing up at me cam left behind me. Nikon SB26 hitting wall behind me from floor@1/4 power.
A couple of friends came over tonight, and as is the occasion when Tamara and Melissa are here we got a little drunk and listened to good music. so that pretty much explains this image. had the cork from the wine, and i am drunk enough to make silly faces at the camera. If you don't get the reference I feel sorry for you, If you do I love you and we might have more in common than you thought.
slate floor tiles
radiant floor heating contractors
squeaky wood floors
remove linoleum flooring
what is mezzanine floor
display floor stands
solid wood flooring