Pregled posta

Adresa bloga:



New york fashion district wholesale. History french fashion.

New York Fashion District Wholesale

new york fashion district wholesale

    fashion district
  • The Fashion District is the name given to the area of Downtown Toronto around the intersection of Spadina Avenue and King Street. The area is known for having stores that sell clothes straight from the manufacturers.

  • at a wholesale price; "I can sell it to you wholesale"

  • the selling of goods to merchants; usually in large quantities for resale to consumers

  • sweeping: ignoring distinctions; "sweeping generalizations"; "wholesale destruction"

  • Sell (goods) in large quantities at low prices to be retailed by others

    new york
  • A major city and port in southeastern New York, situated on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Hudson River; pop. 7,322,564. It is situated mainly on islands, linked by bridges, and consists of five boroughs: Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, and Staten Island. Manhattan is the economic and cultural heart of the city, containing the stock exchange on Wall Street and the headquarters of the United Nations

  • A state in the northeastern US, on the Canadian border and Lake Ontario in the northwest, as well as on the Atlantic coast in the southeast; pop. 18,976,457; capital, Albany; statehood, July 26, 1788 (11). Originally settled by the Dutch, it was surrendered to the British in 1664. New York was one of the original thirteen states

  • a Mid-Atlantic state; one of the original 13 colonies

  • one of the British colonies that formed the United States

  • the largest city in New York State and in the United States; located in southeastern New York at the mouth of the Hudson river; a major financial and cultural center

new york fashion district wholesale - High Quality

High Quality Cool Division Paris Fashion District Volume 3 Product Type Compact Disc Dance Collections Import

High Quality Cool Division Paris Fashion District Volume 3 Product Type Compact Disc Dance Collections Import

Track Title. 1. 1 Marco Lamioni Feat Luisella From Mondo Candido - Rien En Somme. 1. 2 Isabelle Antena - Le Poisson Des Mers Du Sud. 1. 3 Tape Five - Femme Libertan. 1. 4 Eddy De Clercq & Friends - Les Monstres Sacrs. 1. 5 Edc - Samba In Solitude. 1. 6 Berry - Le Bonheur. 1. 7 Vanessa Contenay - Quinones - Pres De Toi. 1. 8 Brigitte Fontaine - Gotan Project - Rue Saint - Louis En L'?le. 1. 9 Serge Gainsbourg - Requiem Pour Un Twisteur. 1. 10 Barbara Carlotti - Mademoiselle Opossum. 1. 11 Le Grand Popo Football Club - Les Filles (The Hacker Remix). 1. 12 Variety Lab - Money (Schillings' Villablack Remix). 1. 13 Petula Clark - Petite Fleur. 1. 14 Michel Fugain - Une Belle Histoire. 2. 1 Samp Brothers - Jazz Di Mezzaluna. 2. 2 Grum - Sound Reaction. 2. 3 Kid Loco - Gypsie Good Time (Waldeck Remix). 2. 4 Nekta - Here?S Us (Iskradisco! Electro Boogie Remix). 2. 5 Yasmeen - Gone. 2. 6 Sasha Barbot - Island Dream. 2. 7 Amerah - The Sound Of Missing You. 2. 8 Wamdue Project - King Of My Castle '09. 2. 9 Dennis Ferrer - Hey Hey. 2. 10 Stefano Gamma - Love Is The Boss. 2. 11 Miamik - Insatiable. 2. 12 Dks - Babarabatiri (Original Radio). 2. 13 Whigfield - Saturday Night 2010. 2. 14 Sarah Mattea - Heart On Fire. Product Type: Compact Disc.

87% (5)

226 West Broadway (Department of Water Supply, Gas, and Electricity)

226 West Broadway (Department of Water Supply, Gas, and Electricity)

Tribeca, Manhattan, New York City, United States of America

This four-story, twenty-five-foot wide municipal office building, located midblock, was erected in 1912 for the Department of Water Supply, Gas, and Electricity as a headquarters for the repair company of the high pressure fire service system. It was designed by Augustus D. Shepard, Jr., an architect who spent much of his career working in the Adirondacks.

The building, faced in cream-colored glazed terra cotta, has characteristics of both an industrial workshop and an office building. The base has a center vehicular opening flanked by pedestrian doors. The Secessionist-inspired ornamentation of the building features one-of-a-kind forms of hydrants, pipes, and valves -- the iconographic representation of the work of the agency, the name of which appears in a panel at the second story. The upper facade is almost a window wall, with grouped two-over-two-over-two triple-hung wood sash, divided into bays which correspond to the divisions of the base; iron balustrades edge shallow balconies at the fourth story.

A curved parapet frames a sculptural of the seal of the City. The western elevation has a shallow skylight-lit extension at the first story and two or three windows at each story above. The building was erected on a city-owned lot on which had stood a wing of Ward School No 44, located at 10-12 North Moore Street. In 1967 this building was occupied by the Department of Welfare Maintenance Shop; it is currently in private ownership.


The Tribeca West Historic District is dominated by commercial buildings erected in the second half of the nineteenth century. As noted by the New York City Superintendent of Buildings as early as 1866, merchants sought to make buildings such as these "not only substantial in character, but ornamental in appearance.

The dominant architectural character of the Tribeca West Historic District is the result of this functional, yet decorative approach to commercial architecture, which produced substantial and attractive buildings whose form and appearance tended to transcend the changing fashions of architectural style. The specific style of such buildings was secondary to the building program and overall exterior effect, resulting in structures of similar scale whose contiguous cast-iron bases and masonry upper stories form visually coherent streetscapes.

Within the context of commercial architecture, the buildings in Tribeca West encompass a range of treatments: there are those strictly utilitarian, plain in appearance and influenced by longstanding vernacular traditions; there are those influenced by popular architectural styles and ornament, consciously designed to be decorative in appearance; and there are those which are elegant in appearance, reflecting contemporary high-style architecture. As a group, the buildings in the district display durable, high-quality materials, a palette of mostly red brick with stone and terra-cotta trim, and modest use of architectural ornament. They form an ensemble of functional yet decorative buildings, the original uses of which remain evident due to their remarkably intact condition.

The largest group of commercial buildings is composed of the store and loft type, executed in a range of architectural treatments. This multipurpose building type evolved in the nineteenth century to accommodate a variety of functions including retail and wholesale operations, light manufacturing and processing operations, and offices made necessary by the enormous growth and increasing complexity of commerce in New York City. Such businesses, especially those associated with the food industry, were located in the area immediately north of the Washington Market, in what is now the Tribeca West Historic District, and housed in store and loft buildings erected from about 1850 to 1910.

From around 1880 until around 1910, in response to changing demands in mercantile operations, warehouse buildings were erected in the district, mostly in the northern section. The warehouse, a larger and more specialized descendant of the store and loft building, is distinguished by its impressive scale and bulk. The exterior treatment of the typical warehouse built in the district incorporates multi-story arcades. There are also a number of more specialized commercial buildings represented in the district, including a mercantile exchange, office buildings, factories, a parking garage, and small commercial buildings.

There are several reminders of the district's pre-commercial era, when it was a residential neighborhood extending from Duane Park to St. John's Park. A number of Federal-era houses, subsequently converted for commercial uses, remain in the district. The continued mixed use of the neighborhood until the late nineteenth century is documented by the presence of several tenement buildings with commercial bases which were erected from the 1870s through the 1880s.

The institutional

Leonard Street

Leonard Street

Tribeca, Manhattan, New York City, United States of America

Architectural Description

Although Leonard Street between Hudson Street and Finn Square exhibits examples of buildings from a wide span of years, the majority of the structures on both sides of the street create consistent streetscapes of six- and seven-story store and loft facades. Built between 1873 and 1881, faced in brick, crowned by brick cornices, and for the most part simply articulated, these buildings create a powerful ensemble of utilitarian simplicity (especially Nos. 14 to 22). They are Nos. 20 (1874, J.S. Purdy) and 22 (1873-74, Joseph Naylor) which are identical, though erected under different New Building Applications; Nos. 23 to 27 (1876-77, John G. Prague); Nos. 29 and 31 (1880-81, J. Morgan Slade); and Nos. 14 to 18 (1881, J. Morgan Slade). The predominant color is red, with a small amount of buff (and some of the brick facades are painted in contrast to the buildings' original appearance). The buildings are further united by one-story bases with loading bays and diamond-plate loading platforms. The historic granite slabs in front of the buildings, which serve the dual purpose of basement vault covers and sidewalk pavement, remain in a few locations along the street.

Amid this general typological uniformity, a few individual buildings distinguish themselves because of their age, size, or use. At No. 17 remains a three-story commercial building from c. 1855-56, its quasi-residential character expressed in a utilitarian manner. Adjacent at No. 19-21, a well preserved former police precinct station house (1868, Nathaniel D. Bush) survives as an example of mid-nineteenth-century New York City public architecture in the Italianate style. At the western end of the street stand the secondary facades of some of the district's most prominent buildings; No. 155-159 Franklin Street (a/k/a 7-9 Leonard Street), a six-story neo-Grec store and loft building with a cast-iron base and a loading platform (1881, George W. DaCunha); No. 84-94 Hudson Street (a/k/a 2-8 Leonard Street) and No. 10-12 Leonard Street, two parts of a seven-story late nineteenth-century commercial style warehouse with Romanesque Revival elements (1881-82 and 1884-85, Edward Hale Kendall); and the ten-story neo-Renaissance Franklin-Hudson Building at 96-100 Hudson Street (a/k/a 1-5 Leonard Street), faced in buff brick, stone, and terra cotta (1909-10, Alexander Baylies). The remainder of the lots along this street (Nos. 11-13, 15, and 33) are one-story buildings whose facades of brick, stucco, and stainless steel date from the twentieth century and are largely altered. The four-story garage at No. 24-32 and the adjacent, concrete-block structure are outside the boundaries of this district.

Historical Summary

Named by Leonard Lispenard, owner of the nearby Lispenard Meadows, after his son of the same name, Leonard Street was laid out around 1797 as a twenty-seven-and-a-half-foot-wide street by Effingham Embree and ceded to the city in 1800. It was widened to its present fifty-foot width in 1806 and immediately developed with frame and masonry residences, none of which remain. By the 1850s the spread of commerce from downtown locations had transformed this street. Many houses were adapted for commercial occupants at the first story and received ancillary structures at the rear of the lot; other houses were replaced by small commercial structures, such as the brick building at No. 17 erected in 1855-56 for the Knickerbocker Ice Company. At that time, a sugar refinery, one of several in the neighborhood, was located on the site of what is today No. 24-32, just outside the boundary of the district.

A wave of development between 1873 and 1885 created more unified streetscapes on both sides of the street through the erection of six- and seven-story store and loft buildings and warehouses used primarily for the storage of dry goods; thirteen of these survive on the portion of the street included within the boundaries of the district. These structures were commissioned by a wide range of clients: Nos. 20 and 22 by the Naylor family, which ran a contracting and real estate company that was particularly active in the district; Nos. 14 to 18 for Helen C. Juilliard, who was presumably associated with the famous dry-goods firm of that name; Nos. 29 and 31 by financier Samuel D. Babcock and dry-goods merchant Augustus D. Juilliard; Nos. 23 to 27 by Walter B. Lawrence, a member of the Board of Governors of the New York Stock Exchange; and Nos. 84-94 Hudson Street (a/k/a 2-8 Leonard) and 10-12 Leonard Street by Robert and Ogden Goelet, members of one of New York's most successful and socially prominent families.

During the early twentieth century, typical uses of the buildings on Leonard Street included the storage of food products and of cardboard and paper. Varick Street (see) was extended southward from Franklin to Leonard Street around the end of World War I, necessitating the demo

new york fashion district wholesale

See also:

1970 fashion clothes

vintage street fashion

new york fashion designer

birmingham fashion show

atlanta fashion week

mercedes benz miami fashion week

fashion show bikini

Post je objavljen 27.10.2011. u 04:51 sati.