FAIRMONT HOTEL AND SAN FRANCISCO. AND SAN FRANCISCO
Fairmont Hotel And San Francisco. Wien Hotels Angebote. Aqua Hotel Lounge.
Fairmont Hotel And San Francisco
- The Fairmount Hotel in San Antonio, Texas was built in 1906. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988.
(Fairmont Hotels) Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a Canadian based operator of luxury hotels and resorts.
- A city and seaport in western California, on the coast, on a peninsula between the Pacific Ocean and San Francisco Bay; pop. 776,733. The city suffered severe damage from earthquakes in 1906 and in 1989
- a port in western California near the Golden Gate that is one of the major industrial and transportation centers; it has one of the world's finest harbors; site of the Golden Gate Bridge
- San Francisco, officially the City and County of San Francisco, is the fourth most populous city in California and the 12th most populous city in the United States, with a 2009 estimated population of 815,358.
- San Francisco is an album by jazz vibraphonist Bobby Hutcherson and saxophonist Harold Land, released on the Blue Note label. The album features a shift away from the usual hard bop / post-bop style pursued previously by Hutcherson and Land, and shifts towards a jazz fusion style.
Snapshot: Norma Talmadge At The Fairmont Hotel, San Francisco
I bought this big old box of photos at Brimfield---it must have a thousand or more photos in it. I started looking through it to take out what I wanted and only pay for that, but I hadn't got very far before I realized I would be paying more individually, and spending more time, than if I just took the whole box. The dealer was asking $75, but he said he would take $50. How about $45, I said. No, he had to have $50. So I gave him the $50. Since I didn't want to be stuck carrying around a big box of photos, I took it back to my car, which was at another field across the highway, maybe 1/2 a mile. I hadn't even got to my car before some fellow came up to me and said "That's a lot of photos you got there," and without invitation started poking through it. He grabbed some post cards that were mixed in with the photos. Soon enough he had eleven postcards. "I'll give you $4 for these," he said. I told him I had to have $5. Grumbling, he gave me the $5. I'm sure the postcards were worth more than he paid. Who knows, maybe they were worth a lot more. I don't like postcards, and would find it an imposition on my time to do the research to find out what they were worth. Anyway, that was fun.
I searched through this box maybe three times before I turned this photo over and saw written on the back, "Fairmont Hotel San Francisco picture of Norma Talmadge 1924" Of course, not a lot of people know who Norma Talmadge was now---in 1924 (Wikipedia knowledge) she was at the heighth of her fame---Angelina Jolie territory, I guess. She was the biggest silent picture star whose career did not translate to the talkies. However, she had invested wisely, and was set for life. Wikipedia has this little anecdote: "Once leaving the movie world, Norma Talmadge rid herself of all the duties and responsibilities of stardom. She sweetly told eager fans who were pressing her for an autograph as she left a restaurant, 'Get away, dears. I don't need you anymore.''"
I kind of like that, to be honest.
In her honor, I'm inaugurating a new set, "Accidental Celebrity Gallery."
Since I don't go out looking for pictures of celebrities, the members of this set are random. They just happen along in the ordinary course of things. It's really more fun that way. This photo is among the best, because I didn't even know it was a celebrity until I read the back.
Tonga Room at the Fairmont Hotel - San Francisco, California
The colorful Tonga Room of the fabulous Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco, famed for Cantonese food and exotic drinks. Thrill to exciting tropical storms - dance to soft romantic music played by native musicians aboard a raft adrift in the Tonga pool,
custom house hotels
frankfurt hotels city centre
hotel continental bonn
hotels near florida citrus bowl stadium
lake city hotel rates
frontier motel cafe
hotels in bethesda md near metro
venice beach house hotel
hotel virgilio riva del garda