Healthiest cooking methods. Fun cooking activities
Healthiest Cooking Methods
- (healthier) fitter: improved in health or physical condition
- Indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health
- (of a part of the body) Not diseased
- In good health
- Health is the general condition of a person in all aspects. It is also a level of functional and/or metabolic efficiency of an organism, often implicitly human.
- The practice or skill of preparing food
- (cook) prepare a hot meal; "My husband doesn't cook"
- The process of preparing food by heating it
- Food that has been prepared in a particular way
- the act of preparing something (as food) by the application of heat; "cooking can be a great art"; "people are needed who have experience in cookery"; "he left the preparation of meals to his wife"
- (cook) someone who cooks food
- (method) a way of doing something, especially a systematic way; implies an orderly logical arrangement (usually in steps)
- Orderliness of thought or behavior; systematic planning or action
- (A Method) Return to Cookie Mountain is the third full-length album by the American rock group TV on the Radio.
- A particular form of procedure for accomplishing or approaching something, esp. a systematic or established one
- method acting: an acting technique introduced by Stanislavsky in which the actor recalls emotions or reactions from his or her own life and uses them to identify with the character being portrayed
Spicy Plum Chutney
Chutneys rock... so when my colleague brought me a pound of plums from her garden the other day it was chutney time. This one - spicy and sweet - goes well with cheese and roasted meats. Enjoy!
500 gr. plums
200 ml. white balsamico
1 healthy glass of port (50 ml.)
1 red onion
2 cloves of garlic
2-3 cardamon pods
1 star anise
? tsp of crushed chili (depending on how hot you like it)
50 gr. chopped dates
50 gr. cane sugar
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Prepare the fruit - remove the stones and slice roughly. Toss the onions, garlic, plums, dates and apples in a pot with 2/3 of the vinegar and add the spices, sugar, salt and pepper.
Simmer for 10-15 minutes before adding the rest of the vinegar and a healthy glass of port. Cook for a further 30 minutes time - or until it thickens.
Finally pour into sterilized jar/s. This recipe makes about 500 ml. If you want more just scale it up.
Cooking dinner by lamp light
In addition to environmental impacts, the health impacts stemming from inhalation of sooty smoke due to inefficient cookstoves and indoor fires is substantial. Inefficient cooking methods lead to health conditions such as pneumonia, chronic respiratory disease, and lung cancer. Over 1.6 million people a year die of indoor air pollution; most of whom are women and children. In developing countries, the disease burden from indoor air pollution is comparable to the impacts from malaria, tuberculosis, or HIV/AIDS.
Access to more efficient cookstoves, with good ventilation, means that women can cook faster and generate less pollution thereby keeping themselves and their families healthier. It also means that women will reduce the number of trips they have to make to secure firewood.
substitute for dry white wine in cooking
word search cooking
measurement conversion chart cooking
2011 cooking games
only new cooking games
playing cooking mama