RUGGED EXTERNAL HARDDRIVE : RUGGED EXTERNAL
Red External Harddrive : Low Voc Carpet Brands : Sisal Carpet Tiles
Red External Harddrive
- This is the physical device where your files are stored and where the operating system is installed. The larger the drive (measured in Gb (gigabytes)) the more files you can store. If you will be keeping music and video files on your computer then larger is better.
- A hard disk drive (hard disk, hard drive, HDD) is a non-volatile storage device for digital data. It features one or more rotating rigid platters on a motor-driven spindle within a metal case. Data is encoded magnetically by read/write heads that float on a cushion of air above the platters.
- hardDrive/hardDriveXL is a rock radio show hosted by Lou Brutus. It is syndicated by United Stations Radio Networks and broadcasts on over 110 stations nationwide.
- Coming or derived from a source outside the subject affected
- coming from the outside; "extraneous light in the camera spoiled the photograph"; "relying upon an extraneous income"; "disdaining outside pressure groups"
- Relating to or denoting a medicine or similar substance for use on the outside of the body
- outward features; "he enjoyed the solemn externals of religion"
- Belonging to or forming the outer surface or structure of something
- happening or arising or located outside or beyond some limits or especially surface; "the external auditory canal"; "external pressures"
- Having or requiring toughness and determination
- (of ground or terrain) Having a broken, rocky, and uneven surface
- furrowed: having long narrow shallow depressions (as grooves or wrinkles) in the surface; "furrowed fields"; "his furrowed face lit by a warming smile"
- broken: topographically very uneven; "broken terrain"; "red ground"
- (of a machine or other manufactured object) Strongly made and capable of withstanding rough handling
- sturdy and strong in constitution or construction; enduring; "with a house full of boys you have to have red furniture"
20091212 - harddrive failure - SpinRite software - GEDC1117 (7s) (xvid) (quant=4) (21fps) (mono snd)
Hard drive problems! We went to watch Flapjack last night at 2:30AM and noticed the folder wasn't there. In fact, folders stopped after the letter S (And this folder started with T for The Marvelous Adventures Of Flapjack). In fact, a lot of the drive was seemingly missing. Adding to the confusion, I could do "dir t*" and see all the folders that started with T, but if I simply did "dir", it would stop at S. This is bad.
Opened case to hook to a different SATA port, my first line of defense that so often fixes SATA drive problems. Replaced my cable. Noticed my RAM wasn't fully seated. In fact, it's physically mangled to the point where I had to pull 2 of my 4G. That's okay -- I regret buying the extra 2G, and it cost me infinitely more time thanit saved anyway.
Burned an ISO of SpinRite and ran SpinRite. It said it would take 43 hours. Ran downstairs, found the optical digital cable from our X-Box that recently died of a crashed drive (lost all savegames!), and hooked it from Carolyn's computer to my stereo. Since she has a backup of our complete music collection, we had music restored again! Enabled her 2nd monitor, played with the optical/HDMI settings on my stereo, and we had it so that we could watch videos on the big 52-inch TV and nice 7.1 stereo again. Though her computer only outputs in 4:3, so we would probably stick to fullscreen shows.
But then SpinRite petered out and said it couldn't finish, so I rebooted and am now moving files off. This will likely take a good week. I'm probably going to order another drive to copy recovered files to. And then RMA this drive to Western Digital. It's only 7 months into its 5yr warranty. They're going to lose money on me.
This is a video of SpinRite in action. Too bad it could not succeed at its stated goal.
SpinRite, Western Digital Caviar Green WD15EADS00R6B0 harddrive, screenshot.
upstairs, Clint and Carolyn's house, Alexandria, Virginia.
December 12, 2009.
project 366-1 // 01.07.09
day one of my project 366-1.
i know, i started late -- lame. today is what i spend most of my time looking at.
carpet cleaning pregnancy
arlington carpet cleaners
kathy ireland rugs shaw
oxo carpet brush spotter
carpet protector spray
carpet and decor centre
pebble wool rug