Replace hot water heater drain valve. Replacing an electric hot water heater. Norpro 559 immersion heater for warming liquids
Replace Hot Water Heater Drain Valve
- a heater and storage tank to supply heated water
- Water heating is a thermodynamic process using an energy source to heat water above its initial temperature. Typical domestic uses of hot water are for cooking, cleaning, bathing, and space heating. In industry, both hot water and water heated to steam have many uses.
- An appliance for supplying hot water for purposes other than space heating or pool heating.
- Device designed to allow drainage of stored contents from a water heater.
- A plastic or brass valve located near the bottom of the water heater that allows the tank to be drained when the water heater needs to be replaced and also permits periodic partial draining by the homeowner to flush out sediments that may have accumulated in the bottom of the tank.
- A valve located at the bottom of a spill container to drain accumulated liquid into the UST. Drain valves, depending on the type, may be activated by pulling a chain, pushing a rod, or pulling a lever.
- supplant: take the place or move into the position of; "Smith replaced Miller as CEO after Miller left"; "the computer has supplanted the slide rule"; "Mary replaced Susan as the team's captain and the highest-ranked player in the school"
- Take the place of
- put something back where it belongs; "replace the book on the shelf after you have finished reading it"; "please put the clean dishes back in the cabinet when you have washed them"
- Provide or find a substitute for (something that is broken, old, or inoperative)
- Fill the role of (someone or something) with a substitute
- substitute a person or thing for (another that is broken or inefficient or lost or no longer working or yielding what is expected); "He replaced the old razor blade"; "We need to replace the secretary that left a month ago"; "the insurance will replace the lost income"; "This antique vase can
- Having a high degree of heat or a high temperature
- characterized by violent and forceful activity or movement; very intense; "the fighting became hot and heavy"; "a hot engagement"; "a raging battle"; "the river became a raging torrent"
- extended meanings; especially of psychological heat; marked by intensity or vehemence especially of passion or enthusiasm; "a hot temper"; "a hot topic"; "a hot new book"; "a hot love affair"; "a hot argument"
- Feeling or producing an uncomfortable sensation of heat
- (of food or drink) Prepared by heating and served without cooling
- used of physical heat; having a high or higher than desirable temperature or giving off heat or feeling or causing a sensation of heat or burning; "hot stove"; "hot water"; "a hot August day"; "a hot stuffy room"; "she's hot and tired"; "a hot forehead"
Old and busted
The old hot water heater, which I'm told was original to the house (built in 1988) let go two nights ago. The cold-water shutoff valve was frozen so I couldn't turn it off myself. Ugh. GEM Plumbing came out on an emergency call, replaced the cold-water valve, and put in a drain so that any back-flow would go into the bucket and not on the floor.
I'm always slightly suspicious of these things. I know most are merely remnants of a bygone era, and thoroughly innocuous but I still look at them expecting them to burst open, spewing forth gallons of 'nastiness'...
superior radiant tube heaters
zeus patio heater
car heater fan only works on high
hyco instantaneous inline water heater
alva patio heater
advantages of solar water heaters
solar heater parts
ge electric hybrid water heater
rv water heater bypass valve
home space heater