Antique gold leaf frame - Panning for gold kits - Rose gold jewlery.
Antique Gold Leaf Frame
- Gold that has been beaten into a very thin sheet, used in gilding
- Gold leaf is gold that is beaten into extremely thin sheets. The thin gold sheets are commonly used for gilding. Gold leaf is available in a wide variety of karats and shades. 22-karat yellow gold is the most commonly used.
- Gold manufactured into thin leaves; the gold used in gilding. Gold leaf comes between sheets of tissue, with each leaf 3 3/8" square. The leaves are packaged in books of 25, and a cardboard box of 20 books is sold as a pack.
- a very thin form of gold foil
- made in or typical of earlier times and valued for its age; "the beautiful antique French furniture"
- old-timer: an elderly man
- shop for antiques; "We went antiquing on Saturday"
- A collectible object such as a piece of furniture or work of art that has a high value because of its considerable age
- Erect the framework of a building
- a single one of a series of still transparent pictures forming a cinema, television or video film
- Place (a picture or photograph) in a frame
- the framework for a pair of eyeglasses
- Surround so as to create a sharp or attractive image
- enclose in or as if in a frame; "frame a picture"
New Picture / Photo / Mirror Frame - Antique Style Ornate Gold Leaf With Floral Corner Design 20x24/20 x 24
This is a new picture frame hand gilded with gold metal leaf, and hand finished. This frame has beautiful floral ornamentation in the corners reminiscent of the French master frames and sometimes called a "Louis XIV" style. This frame is perfect for a painting, a mirror or other artwork. This frame is made to accommodate artwork which is 20" x 24". (Please note: the photographs shown here are photos of an identical 11 x 14 exemplar.) The interior dimension of the opening measured from the back (where the artwork is placed) is exactly 20 1/8" x 24 1/8". The additional 1/8" is called "standard allowance" and is added so the artwork fits easily into the frame. The sight dimension of the opening measured from the front is approximately 19 5/8" x 23 5/8". This frame is approximately 2 1/2" wide on its face and 1 1/2" thick. As with the majority of our photographs of gold frames, the photographs of this frame were taken in natural light in an effort to accurately represent the color value of the gold.
The Finished Frame
Here is the finished frame laying on our living room rug.
We have an antique persian in the living room. I've been photographing finished frames on it lately. I think the antique character compliments the frames well, but it might be too busy. What do you think?
If you went through the whole series, I hope you enjoyed my little primer on frame making. I'll try to put more of these together with the other sorts of frames I make. My great love is hand carved, water-gilded frames using real gold leaf. That is a much more involved process, and hence much more costly. I also make frames with hand-tooled and dyed leather, and fine hard-wood frames (oak, cherry, walnut, mahogany, etc) with intricate joinery and finishes.
1905 (or thereabout) - My Grandfather's workshop (restoration and gold-leaf gilding)
My Grandfatherr also was a specialist in restoring antiques and especially restoring gilded pieces of furniture or church decorations. He knew the age-old gold-leaf method used by artisans and artists of past centuries, for gilding frames and Madonnas. Here he is photographing an early XVIII century large ball-room mirror, whose higly decorated frame has just been gilded anew. He can be seen reflected in the mirror near his camera, with some of his workers and apprentices proudly around him. (it is not a high-quality picture, I admit, but my Grandfather was a better artisan than a photographer)
antique gold leaf frame
20" X 24" Oil Painting On Canvas Hand painted oil reproduction of a famous Matisse painting, La Danse. The original masterpiece was created in 1909. Today it has been carefully recreated detail by detail, color by color to near perfection. Like Picasso , Matisse is known to be one of the foremost artists of modern times. After a short bout of illness, Matisse gave up the study of law to take up painting. He was one of the pioneers of Fauvism, a style utilizing vivid color for its sensual and decorative value. This work of art has the same emotions and beauty as the original. Why not grace your home with this reproduced masterpiece? It is sure to bring many admirers! Frame Description: Autumn Flourish Frame - Leaf Pattern in Antique Gold
gold chain extender
14k italian gold necklace
gold electroplate on
play gold miner 2
xbox 360 live gold pack
gold and silver mutual funds
american gold exchange complaints