SAARINEN TULIP COFFEE TABLE - PLANS FOR DINING ROOM TABLE.
Saarinen Tulip Coffee Table
- A low table, typically placed in front of a sofa
- low table where magazines can be placed and coffee or cocktails are served
- A coffee table, also called a cocktail table, is a style of long, low table which is designed to be placed in front of a sofa, to support beverages (hence the name), magazines, feet, books (especially coffee table books), and other small items to be used while sitting, such as coasters.
- (Coffee Tables) While any small and low table can be, and is, called a coffee table, the term is applied particularly to the sets of three or four tables made from about 1790; of which the latter were called 'quartetto tables'.
- Eliel (1873–1950); full name Gottlieb Eliel Saarinen. He designed the Cranbrook Academy of Art in Michigan and served as its president 1932–48
- United States architect (born in Finland) (1910-1961)
- Eero (1910–61); the son of Eliel. He designed the Memorial Arch in St. Louis 1948 and the US Embassy in London 1955–60
- Finnish architect and city planner who moved to the United States in 1923; father of Eero Saarinen (1873-1950)
- The name of a family of US architects, born in Finland
- A tulip is a bulbous plant in the genus Tulipa, comprising 109 species with showy flowers, in the family Liliaceae. The species native range includes southern Europe, North Africa, and Asia from Anatolia and Iran in the west to northeast of China.
- A bulbous spring-flowering plant of the lily family, with boldly colored cup-shaped flowers
- any of numerous perennial bulbous herbs having linear or broadly lanceolate leaves and usually a single showy flower
- Calvinism (also called the Reformed tradition, the Reformed faith, or Reformed theology) is a theological system and an approach to the Christian life.
Name That Table 2
This table had been buried at a local, off-the-beaten path antique mall for the past few years. I always thought it was cool, but way overpriced. This weekend I was able to talk them down quite a bit on the price, so I bought it. I think it's the perfect size for the office with the settee. Anyone seen one like it before? It has a wood grain formica top and a tulip base (the base is marked MEXICO). It's a heavy sucker too. I'm sure it's not an actual Knoll/Saarinen table...but cool nonetheless...
loft living project: common area update
chateaux monroe has undergone a spring transformation. finally able to replace the old tables --->
new are: the new noguchi coffee table & an original 1963 saarinen reproduction dining table with six matching chairs.
interior design & photography, a. golden, eyewash design - c. 2008
diy end tables
coffee table eagle rock
wood conference table
wood chest coffee table
metro pub dining bar table
circular pedestal table
antique pool table for sale
farmhouse dining table set
solid oak table tops
counter top dining tables