BEXAR COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY OFFICE. DISTRICT ATTORNE
BEXAR COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY OFFICE. FREE OHIO POWER OF ATTORNEY FORM. LAWSUITS LAWYERS
Bexar County District Attorney Office
Bexar County Under Nine Governments
The administrative government of Bexar County, besides being the oldest in Texas distinguished by having served under nine governments.
The community served under Spanish rule from may, 1718, until January 1811, when it was taken over by the revolutionary "Casas Regime", only five weeks later the "counter-revolutionary Junta of Bexar" overthrew the Casas Government and eventually restored Spanish rule.
In April, 1812 however, the "Republican Army of the North" deposed the provincial Spanish government and declared independence from Spain, five months later the Spanish regained control, holding Texas until 1821.
The fifth regime"First Imperial Government of Mexico" was created when Mexico gained independence from Spain in 1821, the emperor relinquished control to army leaders within two years, however, and the "Republic of Mexico" was established.
Texas gained independence from Mexico in 1836, thereby establishing Bexar's seventh government, the "Republic of Texas in 1846, Texas became the twenty-eighth state of the United States and remained in the union until 1861, when the southern states seceded to form the Confederacy, following, the Civil War, U.S. rule returned to Bexar County in 1865.
The Bexar County Courthouse
This courthouse occupies the south side of main Plaza, formerly called "La Plaza De Las Islas", as originally laid out by the Canary Islanders in 1731. As it was then, this plaza is the administrative and judicial heart of Bexar County.
This is the fourth edifice to house the government of the county since Texas entered the United States. The citizens authorized $ 621,000 worth of bonds in 1890s to finance its construction. James Riely Gordon (1863-1937), architect for many imposing public buildings, including at least one state capitol, submitted the award winning Romanesque design for this courthouse. The builders were George Dugan, David Hughes, and Otto P Kroeger. The foundation was laid in 1891, and the structure was completed in 1896. Native Texas granite and red sandstone are basic materials of the massive building. Towers roofed, in green tile and red tile, handsome columns and arches, carvings, and many fine interior details gave the edifice great distinction.
Additions in 1914 and 1926 continued the use of Texas granite and sandstone. Expansions in 1963, 1970, and 1973 employed other materials, however, and also altered portions of the original design.
las vegas bankruptcy attorney
tax lawyers houston
texas general durable power of attorney
boston medical malpractice lawyer
irish family law
ct bankruptcy attorney
letter of power of attorney