LIMESTONE COFFEE TABLE - COFFEE TABLE
LIMESTONE COFFEE TABLE - BLUE COFFEE TABLE.
Limestone Coffee Table
- A coffee table, also called a cocktail table, is a style of long, low table which is designed to be placed in front of a sofa, to support beverages (hence the name), magazines, feet, books (especially coffee table books), and other small items to be used while sitting, such as coasters.
A low table, typically placed in front of a sofa
low table where magazines can be placed and coffee or cocktails are served
(Coffee Tables) While any small and low table can be, and is, called a coffee table, the term is applied particularly to the sets of three or four tables made from about 1790; of which the latter were called 'quartetto tables'.
- Limestone is an Australian reggae album. It is a collaboration between Joe Camilleri and Bomba's Nicky Bomba. The name Limestone is a tribute to the country of birth to both Camilleri and Bomba, the island of Malta.
- A hard sedimentary rock, composed mainly of calcium carbonate or dolomite, used as building material and in the making of cement
- Limestone is a sedimentary rock composed largely of the mineral calcite (calcium carbonate: CaCO3). Like most other sedimentary rocks, limestones are composed of grains; however, most grains in limestone are skeletal fragments of marine organisms such as coral or foraminifera.
- a sedimentary rock consisting mainly of calcium that was deposited by the remains of marine animals
Stone Houses: Colonial to Contemporary
Stone speaks a rich visual language of texture, colour and patter that no other material can convey. It has inspired American builders for more than three centuries, and architects continue to refer to the traditional construction methods and regional styles that connect stone structures to their natural surroundings. In 200 colour photographs of a vast repertoire of residences, inside and out, this volume traces the development of domestic stone architecture in the United States. Providing general descriptions of featured styles and building techniques, as well as personal histories of the private homes, the text crosses the country as it covers everything from Dutch colonial farmhouses to eclectic Victorian mansions to whimsical stone cottages to modernist expressions by Frank Lloyd Wright and others
Main st . Winnipeg
Winnipeg’s first hotel, “The Royal Hotel,” was opened in 1859 by Henry McKenney and was situated between McDermot and Bannatyne Avenues, east of Main Street. By the mid 1870s, there were over thirty-two hotels when the population of Winnipeg was less than 8,000.
The Woodbine Hotel origins date back to these early frontier days when it was known as Dufferin Hall. Built by Peter Sutherland in 1878 at a cost of $1,000 Dufferin Hall was a two-storey wood frame building 22 feet wide and about twice as long. By 1881 it was sold and its name was changed to the Woodbine to appeal to expatriates from eastern Canada familiar with the Woodbine Racetrack in Toronto. Apparently, it was only a saloon, with no rooms to let, so when Edward H. Hebb bought the hotel in 1889, a dining room and billiard hall were established on the second floor.
Hebb operated the hotel for over thirty years and oversaw numerous alterations to the building. At some time light coloured brick veneer was added to the facade and the two-storey structure was extended at the rear to open onto Albert Street. In 1899, the facade was veneered in dark brick with limestone accents and a scrolled datestone was placed at the top of the building.
A major fire in several neighbouring buildings in 1904 severely damaged the roof and interior of the building. Architect J.H. Cadham designed an additional storey to the building, and extended it to within 30 feet of the front of the hotel on Main Street. After another fire in 1923, architect E.W. Crayston extended the third storey to the street reworked the Main Street facade to its present appearance.
At one point during Prohibition, the Woodbine Hotel offered a “temperance” bar where soft drinks, coffee and a prohibition concoction called “temperance beer” were sold. Eight billiard tables and two bowling alleys were installed, one on the main floor and one in the basement. In the City Directory, the building was listed as the Woodbine Billiard Parlors. After prohibition, the long bar returned for male patrons only. Since 1985 the establishment has been open to both men and women.
Reference Heritage Winnipeg
Saint George's Church, Upper Cam, Gloucestershire, England
Table tombs and a "Tea Caddy"
These table tombs are common in churchyards in Gloucestershire, and they mostly date from the mid 17th to mid 18th century. They are often, but not invariably, carved from limestone from Painswick Quarry, and the single, massive, cover was frequently made from Minchinhampton limestone. The Tea Caddy tomb is from the 1780's, and again, these are widespread in the county, and seem to be the successors of the table tomb. Often elaborately carved, this one is made from a more durable Red Sandstone, probably from the Forest of Dean.
1938 Voigtlander Bessa 46, f3.5/75mm Skopar lens, X2 yellow filter. Fomapan 100 rated @ 400asa in Caffenol C, Instant Coffee Granules 20g, Crystalline Washing Soda 15g, Ascorbic Acid Powder 6g, water to 500ml. 5 mins pre-soak in water with vigorous agitation, 9 mins@21C, 30 seconds continuous agitation, then 3 inversions every 30 seconds thereafter.Epson V500 scanner.
glass pedestal tables
white outdoor coffee table
black outdoor dining table
woodworking coffee tables
chairs for dining tables
travertine marble dining table
dining table seats 10 12