SILVER COFFEE TEA SERVICE - SILVER COFFEE
SILVER COFFEE TEA SERVICE - SILVER CELTIC CHARMS.
Silver Coffee Tea Service
- a set of china or silverware for serving tea
- A tea set, in the Western tradition, is a set of dishes sold in a group for use at afternoon tea or a formal tea party.
- Coat or plate with silver
- a soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal; occurs in argentite and in free form; used in coins and jewelry and tableware and photography
- made from or largely consisting of silver; "silver bracelets"
- (esp. of the moon) Give a silvery appearance to
- coat with a layer of silver or a silver amalgam; "silver the necklace"
- Provide (mirror glass) with a backing of a silver-colored material in order to make it reflective
- These seeds raw, roasted and ground, or processed into a powder that dissolves in hot water
- any of several small trees and shrubs native to the tropical Old World yielding coffee beans
- a beverage consisting of an infusion of ground coffee beans; "he ordered a cup of coffee"
- A drink made from the roasted and ground beanlike seeds of a tropical shrub, served hot or iced
- A cup of this drink
- coffee bean: a seed of the coffee tree; ground to make coffee
Rose Hill Mansion - The Banquet Room
Rose Hill Mansion - The Banquet Room, is in the north wing. A close up of the mahogany sideboard. On the sideboard is a five piece silver coffee and tea service made by I. W. Forbes of NYC in 1816. This service was a wedding present to Benjamin & Mary Saidler Swan and was inherited by their son Robert. The service was returned to Rose Hill by Benjamin Swan's great-great grandson, Waldo Hutchins III. Over the sideboard is an exceptionally large still life painting of fruits, c. 1850, by Severin Roesen. This hangs exactly where it hung during the Swan years. The unique wallpaper is a Nancy McClelland reproduction of a French Empire paper. On each side of the sideboard are two of the mahogany side chairs from the American Sheraton banquet table set. Rose Hill Mansion is located on Route 96A in Geneva, NY.
Captain Blanche Leathers coffee and tea service
Five-piece coffee and tea service, comprising a waste bowl, coffeepot, creamer, teapot and sugar bowl.
Meriden Brittania Company
This service was once owned by Blanche Leathers (d. 1940), famous female captain of the steamboat Natchez VIII and daughter-in-law of the legendary Captain Thomas P. Leathers (1816-96), for whom seven of the Natchez steamboats were built. The Leathers family was based in New Orleans and ran steamboats from there to various points along the Mississippi River. It bears the monogram of her husband, Bowling S. Leathers, who commanded the Natchez VII (which he wrecked in 1888). This service was used on the Natchez VIII. It has been passed down in the donor’s family over three generations.
Gift of Elizabeth S. Schneider (acc. 2010.005.2-.6)
silver ladies pocket watch
silver fountain pen
bead bracelet in sterling silver
american eagle silver dollar in full color
sterling silver half hard wire
old russian silver
womens silver wedding bands
colloidal silver eye drops
silver plate coffee service