RIM CLAMP TIRE MACHINE. OTC TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR. TOYO 350 TYRE REVIEW.
Rim Clamp Tire Machine
- (esp. in manufacturing) Make or operate on with a machine
- any mechanical or electrical device that transmits or modifies energy to perform or assist in the performance of human tasks
- turn, shape, mold, or otherwise finish by machinery
- an efficient person; "the boxer was a magnificent fighting machine"
- Fasten (two things) firmly together
- impose or inflict forcefully; "The military government clamped a curfew onto the capital"
- a device (generally used by carpenters) that holds things firmly together
- Hold (something) tightly against or in another thing
- Fasten (something) in place with a clamp
- fasten or fix with a clamp; "clamp the chair together until the glue has hardened"
- exhaust or get tired through overuse or great strain or stress; "We wore ourselves out on this hike"
- Lose interest in; become bored with
- lose interest or become bored with something or somebody; "I'm so tired of your mother and her complaints about my food"
- Cause to feel in need of rest or sleep; weary
- Become in need of rest or sleep; grow weary
- hoop that covers a wheel; "automobile tires are usually made of rubber and filled with compressed air"
- run around the rim of; "Sugar rimmed the dessert plate"
- the shape of a raised edge of a more or less circular object
- (basketball) the hoop from which the net is suspended; "the ball hit the rim and bounced off"
1980 Gilles Berthoud
Purchased as a frameset on eBay (France) in September 2007 for $225. Back on the road 11 November.
An early and somewhat rare pure racing machine from French framebuilder Gilles Berthoud, better known for his randonneur machines.
In outfitting the frame, the aim was to achieve a wholly French constructeur top-class racing machine in manufacture, materials and period correct components featuring the lightest French-made components of the era by Huret and the Spidel group which brought together the great French component makers Simplex, Stronglight, Mafac and Maillard.
I hate to nominate favourites of my collection, but hands down, this is the best riding and handling of the bunch! The ideal racing bike, light (20 lbs), nimble but predictable handling, and ideal geometry... this is one of those perfect from the first ride machines. High build quality (I really like the simple, clean lines and the nicely filed and chromed lugs) and those superb late 70s early 80s French components make this a simply superb addition to the collection.
Material: Super Vitus 971 double butted tubing and forks
Finish: candy red with chromed head lugs lined in white, chromed rear dropouts and fork
Size: seat tube 59 cm (c to c), 60 cm (c to t), top tube 58 cm (c to c)
Chainstay: 33.5 cm
Fork offset: 1 1/4"
Angles: 73 parallel
Rear spacing: 126 mm
Bottom bracket height: 11"
Lugs: Prugnat S4 with cutouts
Fork Crown: Bocama
Braze-ons: rear derailleur cable stop on chain stay, twin cable guides under bottom bracket, 1 set of bottle bosses on down tube
Rear derailleur: Huret Jubilee Mark II with drilled cage
Front deralleur: Huret Jubliee
Gear levers: Simplex SLJ5007 DT retrofriction shifters, Simplex clamp-mounted
Chainset: Spidel (Stronglight) 105 bis drilled 52/46t
Bottom bracket: Spidel (Stronglight) no. 650, titanium 118 mm spindle, sealed bearing BB, French thread
Headset: Stronglight A9 dural, French thread
Stem: Philippe Atax Professionnel dural 110 cm
Handlebars: Philippe Professionnel AG5 satin finish Duralinox 39 mm, Velox black cotton tape and Velox plugs
Brakes: Spidel (Mafac) Luxe side-pull
Brake levers: Spidel (Mafac) Course 2000 drilled
Seatpost: Simplex SJ4164 fluted dural 26.4 mm
Saddle: Ideale 90CR, titanium undercarriage
Pedals: Spidel (Maillard) 700 alloy
Toeclips and straps: Christophe chromed steel with leather toe guards, Christophe toe straps
Rims: Super Champion Competition 36-hole Record du Monde silver anodised
Hubs: Spidel (Maillard) 700 Professional 36-hole low-flange with Spidel (Simplex) skewers
Freewheel: Maillard dural 13-19 t, six-speed
Tyres: Tufo Jet Pro sew-ups
Chain: Sedisport Sedicolor 4DC silver
Accessories: Ad-Hoc "Racer" pump, AFA umbrella clip, T/A alloy bottle cage and T/A bottle.
Weight: 20 lbs. complete
Raleigh Wiltshire Police Issue roadster
It was one of a special order of three machines ordered by Wiltshire Police in 1979 for use by Local Beat Officers.
It is an unusual and extremely high specification for the late '70's being equipped with chromed rod or roller brakes and extra tough Westrick steel wheel rims carrying heavy duty tyres. It is almost as if Raleigh kept back some high quality '50's machines for special orders because this is better made than say a late 70's Superbe, which was always the best of the traditionally styled bikes available!
This particular bike was recently featured on the series 'Bad Lad's Army and was ridden around the parade ground by one of the sergeants although I'm not sure which episode or indeed which series!
The componentry is certainly very high compared to other Raleigh machines of the same era. The decals, chain wheels and cranks are higher quality than what you'd usually find on a 3 speed Raleigh from the late '70's so it does look like these were specifically ordered to be high quality machines with a long service life.
It is equipped with a fully operational and very bright Sturmey Archer lighting set with the switch on top of the headlamp which is powered by a hub dynamo which is incorporated into the rear hub alongside the three speed gearbox. This Sturmey Archer unit was called the 'AG', the 'A' indicating a three speed unit, and the 'G' standing for 'generator'.
The bicycle has a Brooks vinyl covered mattress saddle which is exceptionally comfortable and a robust rear spring clamp parcel.
Overall the machine is in very good condition; Paint is good. It's a very nicely applied medium metallic green which is extremely elegant and has some rather fancy coach line water-slide transfers on the seat tube a bit like the range topping Raleigh Record Ace so continuing the up-market theme.
fleet farm tires prices
tyre shopper voucher code
jk tyres jobs
calculate tire pressure
car tire review
tyres recycling plant
race car tyres
cheap tyres in london