DECORATING SHABBY CHIC STYLE. CHIC STYLE
Decorating shabby chic style. Wholesale decorative flags.
Decorating Shabby Chic Style
- Shabby chic is a form of interior design where furniture and furnishings are either chosen for their age and signs of wear and tear or new items are distressed to achieve the appearance of an antique.
- Accessible, affordable, comfortable and eclectic, this popular style features white painted furniture, painted motifs, muted colors, slipcovers and vintage fabrics.
- a casual and relaxed design where furniture and accessories are chosen for their aged, weathered look. Antiques, thrift store finds, and slipcovers in neutral colors are commonly used in this theme.
- (decorate) deck: be beautiful to look at; "Flowers adorned the tables everywhere"
- (decorate) award a mark of honor, such as a medal, to; "He was decorated for his services in the military"
- Make (something) look more attractive by adding ornament to it
- Confer an award or medal on (a member of the armed forces)
- (decorate) make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.; "Decorate the room for the party"; "beautify yourself for the special day"
- Provide (a room or building) with a color scheme, paint, wallpaper, etc
- A way of painting, writing, composing, building, etc., characteristic of a particular period, place, person, or movement
- make consistent with a certain fashion or style; "Style my hair"; "style the dress"
- A manner of doing something
- designate by an identifying term; "They styled their nation `The Confederate States'"
- manner: how something is done or how it happens; "her dignified manner"; "his rapid manner of talking"; "their nomadic mode of existence"; "in the characteristic New York style"; "a lonely way of life"; "in an abrasive fashion"
- A way of using language
Item C6032 Shabby Chic Pink Roses Clock
All Fairy Freckles Studios exclusive artisan designed products are American made. Even our high quality quartz clockworks are made in the USA. Clocks are handcrafted upon quarter inch wood MDF. Hands are metal and colors and styles may vary from that pictured based on availability. Clock faces are not covered. All clocks require one AA battery that is not included. Copyright symbols do not appear on actual product. Browse our entire inventory for additional and related products. Our clocks make useful and lasting gifts.
esta semana, estou amando... shabby chic
'shabby chic' tem tudo a ver com inverno.
e como hoje esta um friozinho bom de ficar debaixo das cobertas, esse conceito veio a calhar.
Shabby chic is a form of interior design where furniture and furnishings are either chosen for their age and signs of wear and tear or new items are distressed to achieve the appearance of an antique.
Shabby chic items are often heavily painted with many layers showing through obviously worn areas. The style is imitated in faux painting using glaze or by painting then rubbing and sanding away the top coat to show the wood or base coats. Fabrics tend to be cottons and linens, with linen being particularly popular, inspired by old French linens. Whites and worn or bleached out pastels are favorite colours. Fabric is often stained with tea to give it the look of old fabric. Bleached and faded are terms often applied to the style.
The essence of shabby chic style is vintage and antique furniture painted white (or another soft pastel color) and distressed at the corners by sanding.
Popular decor items are pillows made of vintage barkcloth fabric, vintage linens, chenille bedspreads, vintage chandeliers, and anything with roses on it. It is a soft, relaxed feminine romantic way of decorating that looks comfortable and inviting. Also called cottage style.
The style started in Great Britain and evokes the type of decoration found in large country houses where there are worn and faded old chintz sofas and curtains, old paintwork and unassuming 'good' taste. The end result of shabby chic is to achieve an elegant overall effect, as opposed to the sentimentally cute Pop-Victorian. Recycling old furniture and fabrics is an important aspect of the look and was especially popular with modern Bohemians and artisans that made up a sidelined counter-culture movement during the 1980s when expensive quality decor became very fashionable with the upper middle classes. The original shabby chic interiors were usually considered in themselves works of art.
The early forms of shabby chic were rather grand but the style has evolved taking inspiration from many forms of decoration. These range from 18th century Swedish painted decoration, the French Chateau as well as the American Shakers where simplicity and plainness was essential.
Loafing, is an 'artisan bread and patisserie' — situated near Victoria Park in Hackney.
The cafe opened just 7 weeks ago, with a demand by the locals who wanted a nice cafe—which is missing in this up-coming area of Hackney.
This 'rusty-chic' understated cafe, is tastefully decorated by the owner and interior designer—Susie. Her experience in collecting and selling antique furniture, and mid 20th century design classics, blossoms in this chic and cosy hideaway. Loafing decor is minimalist and simple, and there is lots of wood, and lots of light from two large windows.
We were impressed with its variety of freshly baked bread and colorful all-natural pastries delivered from Primrose Hill. We had a tasty sandwich with 'ginger-pork ham and pickles', and with its ham from nearby, aesthetically-pleasing, Ginger Pork Deli. Espresso after the meal is served in a little glass, coming from a cool, top-of-the-line, espresso machine. The only thing we wish Loafing had is 'sparking water', instead of, only tap water — even though it's eco-friendly.
At this moment the cafe space is only on the ground floor, but Susie is planning to expand the space to the small back garden and downstairs with a 19 century old bakery oven. Susie also wants her place as a meeting space for the locals, and she's thinking to organize small events such as wine tasting or vintage bags and jewelry sale.
Loafing is a perfect place for a cup of tea after a nice walk in Victoria Park.
We can't wait to see the completion of the garden and downstair space!
79 Lauriston Road Victoria Park (on the corner of Lauriston road and Victoria Park road)
London E9 7HJ
Tel: 020 8986 0777
wedding outdoor decorations
exercise room decor
office furniture decor
decorating the cake table
modern wall art and decor
cheap contemporary home decor
decorating living room wall
garden birthday party decorations