Pregled posta

Adresa bloga: http://blog.dnevnik.hr/beach-lane-bed-and-breakfast

Marketing

DAYS HOTEL HOTEL CIRCLE - DAYS HOTEL


Days hotel hotel circle - Hotel le royal nice - Motel comanche.



Days Hotel Hotel Circle





days hotel hotel circle






    days hotel
  • Days Inn is a motel chain headquartered in the United States. Founded in 1970, it is now a part of the Wyndham Hotel Group, based in Parsippany, New Jersey, which was formerly a part of Cendant. It is described by its president, Clyde Guinn, as striving to provide the "best value under the sun".





    circle
  • (from the air) Move in a ring-shaped path above (someone or something), esp. more than once

  • ellipse in which the two axes are of equal length; a plane curve generated by one point moving at a constant distance from a fixed point; "he calculated the circumference of the circle"

  • move in circles

  • Move in a wide loop back toward one's starting point

  • Move all the way around (someone or something), esp. more than once

  • travel around something; "circle the globe"











Hôtel de Cluny sundial




Hôtel de Cluny sundial





This sundial is found in the courtyard of the Cluny museum and dates from 1674. "Rien sans nous" ("Nothing without us") "nous" ("us") represents the sun and the Sun King.








From Wikipedia:

"The Musee de Cluny, officially known as Musee National du Moyen Age (National Museum of the Middle Ages), is a museum in Paris, France. It is located in the 5th arrondissement at 6 Place Paul Painleve, south of the Boulevard Saint-Germain, between the Boulevard Saint-Michel and the Rue Saint-Jacques.

The structure is perhaps the most outstanding example still extant of civic architecture in medieval Paris. It was formerly the town house (hotel) of the abbots of Cluny, started in 1334. The structure was rebuilt by Jacques d'Amboise, abbot in commendam of Cluny 1485-1510; it combines Gothic and Renaissance elements. In 1843 it was made into a public museum, to contain relics of France's Gothic past preserved in the building by Alexandre du Sommerard.

Though it no longer possesses anything originally connected with the abbey of Cluny, originally the hotel, was part of a larger Cluniac complex that also included a building (no longer standing) for a religious college in the Place de la Sorbonne (just south of the present day Hotel de Cluny along Boulevard Saint-Michel). Although originally intended for the use of the Cluny abbots, the residence was taken over by Jacques d'Amboise, Bishop of Clermont and Abbot of Jumieges, and rebuilt to its present form in the period of 1485-1500. Occupants of the house over the years have included Mary Tudor, who was installed here after the death of her husband Louis XII by his successor Francis I of France in 1515 so he could watch her more closely, particularly to see if she was pregnant. Seventeenth-century occupants included several papal nuncios including Mazarin.

In 1793 it was confiscated by the state, and for the next three decades served several functions. At one point it was owned by a physician who used the magnificent Flamboyant chapel on the first floor as a dissection room.

In 1833 Alexandre du Sommerard moved here and installed here his large collection of medieval and Renaissance objects. Upon his death in 1842 the collection was purchased by the state and opened in 1843, with his son as the museum's first curator. The present gardens, opened in 1971, include a "Foret de la Licorne" inspired by the tapestries.

The Hotel de Cluny is partially constructed on the remains of Gallo-Roman baths dating from the third century (known as the Thermes de Cluny ), which are famous in their own right and which may still be visited. In fact, the museum itself actually consists of two buildings: the frigidarium ("cooling room"), where the remains of the Thermes de Cluny are, and the Hotel de Cluny itself, which houses its impressive collections.


Among the principal holdings of the museum are the six La Dame a la Licorne (The Lady and the Unicorn) tapestries, from the late fifteenth century, often considered one of the greatest works of art of the Middle Ages in Europe.
Other notable works stored there include early Medieval sculptures from the seventh and eighth centuries. There are also works of gold, ivory, antique furnishings, and illuminated manuscripts.











Hôtel de Cluny 32




Hôtel de Cluny 32





From Wikipedia:

"The Musee de Cluny, officially known as Musee National du Moyen Age (National Museum of the Middle Ages), is a museum in Paris, France. It is located in the 5th arrondissement at 6 Place Paul Painleve, south of the Boulevard Saint-Germain, between the Boulevard Saint-Michel and the Rue Saint-Jacques.

The structure is perhaps the most outstanding example still extant of civic architecture in medieval Paris. It was formerly the town house (hotel) of the abbots of Cluny, started in 1334. The structure was rebuilt by Jacques d'Amboise, abbot in commendam of Cluny 1485-1510; it combines Gothic and Renaissance elements. In 1843 it was made into a public museum, to contain relics of France's Gothic past preserved in the building by Alexandre du Sommerard.

Though it no longer possesses anything originally connected with the abbey of Cluny, originally the hotel, was part of a larger Cluniac complex that also included a building (no longer standing) for a religious college in the Place de la Sorbonne (just south of the present day Hotel de Cluny along Boulevard Saint-Michel). Although originally intended for the use of the Cluny abbots, the residence was taken over by Jacques d'Amboise, Bishop of Clermont and Abbot of Jumieges, and rebuilt to its present form in the period of 1485-1500. Occupants of the house over the years have included Mary Tudor, who was installed here after the death of her husband Louis XII by his successor Francis I of France in 1515 so he could watch her more closely, particularly to see if she was pregnant. Seventeenth-century occupants included several papal nuncios including Mazarin.

In 1793 it was confiscated by the state, and for the next three decades served several functions. At one point it was owned by a physician who used the magnificent Flamboyant chapel on the first floor as a dissection room.

In 1833 Alexandre du Sommerard moved here and installed here his large collection of medieval and Renaissance objects. Upon his death in 1842 the collection was purchased by the state and opened in 1843, with his son as the museum's first curator. The present gardens, opened in 1971, include a "Foret de la Licorne" inspired by the tapestries.

The Hotel de Cluny is partially constructed on the remains of Gallo-Roman baths dating from the third century (known as the Thermes de Cluny ), which are famous in their own right and which may still be visited. In fact, the museum itself actually consists of two buildings: the frigidarium ("cooling room"), where the remains of the Thermes de Cluny are, and the Hotel de Cluny itself, which houses its impressive collections.


Among the principal holdings of the museum are the six La Dame a la Licorne (The Lady and the Unicorn) tapestries, from the late fifteenth century, often considered one of the greatest works of art of the Middle Ages in Europe.

Other notable works stored there include early Medieval sculptures from the seventh and eighth centuries. There are also works of gold, ivory, antique furnishings, and illuminated manuscripts.









days hotel hotel circle







Similar posts:

three star hotels rome

travel inn carlsbad

city hotel bristol

bed and breakfast in outer banks

hotel country internacional

hotel majestic barriere cannes

hotel peabody

bed and breakfast texas panhandle

the carriage house hotel

hotel crillon buenos aires





Post je objavljen 08.11.2011. u 13:10 sati.