Pregled posta

Adresa bloga: http://blog.dnevnik.hr/american-board-of-criminal-law

Marketing

TOP LAW FIRMS IN SAN FRANCISCO - IN SAN FRANCISCO


TOP LAW FIRMS IN SAN FRANCISCO - ORANGE COUNTY CRIMINAL ATTORNEYS - MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYERS LOS ANGELES



Top Law Firms In San Francisco





top law firms in san francisco






    san francisco
  • A city and seaport in western California, on the coast, on a peninsula between the Pacific Ocean and San Francisco Bay; pop. 776,733. The city suffered severe damage from earthquakes in 1906 and in 1989

  • a port in western California near the Golden Gate that is one of the major industrial and transportation centers; it has one of the world's finest harbors; site of the Golden Gate Bridge

  • San Francisco, officially the City and County of San Francisco, is the fourth most populous city in California and the 12th most populous city in the United States, with a 2009 estimated population of 815,358.

  • San Francisco is an album by jazz vibraphonist Bobby Hutcherson and saxophonist Harold Land, released on the Blue Note label. The album features a shift away from the usual hard bop / post-bop style pursued previously by Hutcherson and Land, and shifts towards a jazz fusion style.





    law firms
  • (The Law Firm) The Law Firm is an hour-long reality television series that premiered on NBC on July 28, 2005. In the series, twelve young up-and-coming trial lawyers competed for a grand prize of $250,000.

  • (law firm) a firm of lawyers

  • (Law firm) a group of lawyers in private practice; the entry-level members of a law firm are called associates, and the owners are called partners





    top
  • the upper part of anything; "the mower cuts off the tops of the grass"; "the title should be written at the top of the first page"

  • Be taller than

  • top(a): situated at the top or highest position; "the top shelf"

  • exceed: be superior or better than some standard; "She exceeded our expectations"; "She topped her performance of last year"

  • Be at the highest place or rank in (a list, poll, chart, or league)

  • Exceed (an amount, level, or number); be more than











Enid A. Haupt Conservatory




Enid A. Haupt Conservatory





New York Botanical Garden, The Bronx, New York, United States

The construction of the Conservatory in the New York Botanical Garden was begun in 1899, eight years after that institution was incorporated by the New York State Legislature. The Botanical Garden, a non-profit institution, is located in the northern section of Bronx Park on land that was once a part of the Lorillard estate. After having visited the Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew in 1888, Dr. Nathaniel L. Britton, one of the most eminent botanists of his day, was inspired to establish a similar institution here.

Dr. Britton was influenced not only by the conception of Kew, but also by its famous horticultural house, built between 1845 and 1847 from designs by Decimus Burton. This relationship is seen in an 1896 clipping from an unknown New York source which shows a rendering of the proposed greenhouse, nearly duplicating Burton's design, and the New York Journal of June 16, 1901 states: "...New York will have the largest [greenhouse] equipment of the kind in the world, with the exception of the famous Kew Gardens."

Parallel developments were taking place in the realm of exposition buildings, epitomized by the design by Sir Joseph Paxton for the Crystal Palace which was built for the 1851 Great Exhibition held in London. Our Crystal Palace, housing the New York Exhibition of 1853, had a dome at the crossing which might well have served as a precedent for later palm houses.

A theoretical relationship between the two greenhouses definitely exists despite the half century separating their construction, which allowed for variations in structural methods and design elements. While British horticultural houses erected during the mid-nineteenth century were restricted to iron and wood construction, steel framing was largely utilized in the one built for the New York Botanical Garden.

The architectural design for the New York Botanical Garden Conservatory is believed to have been carried out by William R. Cobb, designer and architect for Lord & Burnham, the most noted greenhouse firm at that time and to this day.

This company (now a division of Burnham Corporation) was founded in 1856 by Frederick A. Lord. In 1872, William Addison Burnham, Mr. Lord's son-in-law, entered the firm as a partner. By then, the company had moved from Syracuse to Irvington, New York, in order to be near the many Hudson River estates which supplied them with so much cf their business. Perhaps the most prominent of these private greenhouses was the one built in 1881 at Lyndhurst, the estate of Jay Gould in Tarrytown, New York. The firm's early work also included commissions for public greenhouses, such as the one commissioned in 1877 for Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. The New York Botanical Garden Conservatory comprises a central rotunds or Palm House and ten connecting greenhouses, which together form a C-shaped The central Palm House, which is approximately 100 feet in diameter, is flanked by two lateral wings, each about 116 feet long, and two cruciform-shaped corner houses. Projecting from these corner buildings are side wings, each 75 feet long, set at right angles to the central portion. The C-form is completed by two square pavilions at the ends of the side wings, and two 103-foot wings parallel to the central portion of the building. This elaborate plan was actually built in two stages: the central portion and one of the side wings, January 1899 to June 1900, and the regaining greenhouses, 1901 to early in 1902.

The central Palm House and adjacent greenhouses were set on stone foundations, to which were bolted vertical steel posts. These in turn were connected to bowed steel ribs, forming a curved roof. The bowed steel ribs are tied together horizontally by steel purlins. Intermediate wood ribs support the overlapping panes of glass. Many of these wooden members, which were originally cypress, were replaced during an extensive reconstruction carried out by Lord Burnham between 1937 and 1933. It is believed that the original ornamental window en-fragments on the greenhouse wings and the acanthus leaf roof crestings were removed at that time.

The circular Palm House has engaged cast-iron columns set outside of the trussed members which support the main done. These trussed members, which originate at ground level, are curved inside the dome and are gathered together at the top to a steel ring, which, in turn, supports a clerestory and the upper dome which is carried on ribs.

The Palm House retains its original windows and elaborate transoms which create the effect of round-arched fan lights. Other decorative elements remaining on this section include slender cast-iron columns, crowned with Composite capitals.

Above these columns runs a pressed-metal frieze with garlands and swags and a dentiled cornice. These elements, considered to be "modernized" Italian Renaissance in 1900, are also reflected on the cupola atop the dome of the rotunda











Enid A. Haupt Conservatory




Enid A. Haupt Conservatory





New York Botanical Garden, The Bronx, New York City, New York, United States

The construction of the Conservatory in the New York Botanical Garden was begun in 1899, eight years after that institution was incorporated by the New York State Legislature. The Botanical Garden, a non-profit institution, is located in the northern section of Bronx Park on land that was once a part of the Lorillard estate. After having visited the Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew in 1888, Dr. Nathaniel L. Britton, one of the most eminent botanists of his day, was inspired to establish a similar institution here.

Dr. Britton was influenced not only by the conception of Kew, but also by its famous horticultural house, built between 1845 and 1847 from designs by Decimus Burton. This relationship is seen in an 1896 clipping from an unknown New York source which shows a rendering of the proposed greenhouse, nearly duplicating Burton's design, and the New York Journal of June 16, 1901 states: "...New York will have the largest [greenhouse] equipment of the kind in the world, with the exception of the famous Kew Gardens."

Parallel developments were taking place in the realm of exposition buildings, epitomized by the design by Sir Joseph Paxton for the Crystal Palace which was built for the 1851 Great Exhibition held in London. Our Crystal Palace, housing the New York Exhibition of 1853, had a dome at the crossing which might well have served as a precedent for later palm houses.

A theoretical relationship between the two greenhouses definitely exists despite the half century separating their construction, which allowed for variations in structural methods and design elements. While British horticultural houses erected during the mid-nineteenth century were restricted to iron and wood construction, steel framing was largely utilized in the one built for the New York Botanical Garden.

The architectural design for the New York Botanical Garden Conservatory is believed to have been carried out by William R. Cobb, designer and architect for Lord & Burnham, the most noted greenhouse firm at that time and to this day.

This company (now a division of Burnham Corporation) was founded in 1856 by Frederick A. Lord. In 1872, William Addison Burnham, Mr. Lord's son-in-law, entered the firm as a partner. By then, the company had moved from Syracuse to Irvington, New York, in order to be near the many Hudson River estates which supplied them with so much cf their business. Perhaps the most prominent of these private greenhouses was the one built in 1881 at Lyndhurst, the estate of Jay Gould in Tarrytown, New York. The firm's early work also included commissions for public greenhouses, such as the one commissioned in 1877 for Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. The New York Botanical Garden Conservatory comprises a central rotunds or Palm House and ten connecting greenhouses, which together form a C-shaped The central Palm House, which is approximately 100 feet in diameter, is flanked by two lateral wings, each about 116 feet long, and two cruciform-shaped corner houses. Projecting from these corner buildings are side wings, each 75 feet long, set at right angles to the central portion. The C-form is completed by two square pavilions at the ends of the side wings, and two 103-foot wings parallel to the central portion of the building. This elaborate plan was actually built in two stages: the central portion and one of the side wings, January 1899 to June 1900, and the regaining greenhouses, 1901 to early in 1902.

The central Palm House and adjacent greenhouses were set on stone foundations, to which were bolted vertical steel posts. These in turn were connected to bowed steel ribs, forming a curved roof. The bowed steel ribs are tied together horizontally by steel purlins. Intermediate wood ribs support the overlapping panes of glass. Many of these wooden members, which were originally cypress, were replaced during an extensive reconstruction carried out by Lord Burnham between 1937 and 1933. It is believed that the original ornamental window en-fragments on the greenhouse wings and the acanthus leaf roof crestings were removed at that time.

The circular Palm House has engaged cast-iron columns set outside of the trussed members which support the main done. These trussed members, which originate at ground level, are curved inside the dome and are gathered together at the top to a steel ring, which, in turn, supports a clerestory and the upper dome which is carried on ribs.

The Palm House retains its original windows and elaborate transoms which create the effect of round-arched fan lights. Other decorative elements remaining on this section include slender cast-iron columns, crowned with Composite capitals.

Above these columns runs a pressed-metal frieze with garlands and swags and a dentiled cornice. These elements, considered to be "modernized" Italian Renaissance in 1900, are also reflected on the cupola atop the dome









top law firms in san francisco







Related topics:

ny attorney

free legal lawyer

local bankruptcy lawyer

los angeles criminal attorney

attorneys in memphis tennessee

automobile insurance attorney

remortgage legal advice

federal defense attorney

power of attorney for banking





Post je objavljen 06.11.2011. u 12:54 sati.