Western Decorating Ideas - Decorating Party Tables
Western Decorating Ideas
- (decorate) make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.; "Decorate the room for the party"; "beautify yourself for the special day"
- Make (something) look more attractive by adding ornament to it
- (decorate) award a mark of honor, such as a medal, to; "He was decorated for his services in the military"
- Confer an award or medal on (a member of the armed forces)
- Provide (a room or building) with a color scheme, paint, wallpaper, etc
- (decorate) deck: be beautiful to look at; "Flowers adorned the tables everywhere"
- relating to or characteristic of the western parts of the world or the West as opposed to the eastern or oriental parts; "the Western world"; "Western thought"; "Western thought"
- a sandwich made from a western omelet
- Situated in the west, or directed toward or facing the west
- (of a wind) Blowing from the west
- a film about life in the western United States during the period of exploration and development
- Living in or originating from the west, in particular Europe or the U.S
- (idea) the content of cognition; the main thing you are thinking about; "it was not a good idea"; "the thought never entered my mind"
- (idea) mind: your intention; what you intend to do; "he had in mind to see his old teacher"; "the idea of the game is to capture all the pieces"
- A thought or sestion as to a possible course of action
- A concept or mental impression
- An opinion or belief
- (idea) a personal view; "he has an idea that we don't like him"
Town house (U Obecni dum)
I was amazed when I stood in front of this outstanding artistic and architectural pearl; A unique harmony of architectural and decorative styles and materials where everything blends together - NeoBaroque, NeoRenaissance, and both Western and Oriental influences fuse with Czech Art Nouveau. The Town house (U Obecni dum) also known as the Municipal House - adjacent to the Powder Gate, a unique fragment of Prague’s Old Town is one of the most remarkable constructions of Prague Art Nouveau. At the time of its creation it was criticized by some architects as its style was considered to be formally outdated.
It's true, the impression the building gives is very heavy and all the mixing in styles, forms, textures and colors is noisy, almost on the verge of Kitsch, but still by the end its creators and craftsmen succeeded creating harmonious and beautiful result.
The idea of using the former King’s Court plot as a site to build an outstanding and representative building for the Czech kingdom’s capital was first initiated by a Prague Civic Society memorandum, submitted to the Town Hall authorities in 1901. The request proposed the creation of a center for Czech official and social undertakings.
In 1903 an architectural competition took place. Three designs by the architects Dryak, Pospisil and Balsanek received awards, but not even the second round of the competition produced a winning design and so the Prague City Council decided that the architects Professor Antonin Balsanek and Osvald Polivka would be commissioned for the project.
Some of the sections were put into use as early as 1909—1910 while the entire building was officially opened on 1912
The outstanding decor was created by most of the prominent Czech artists of the day, namely the painters Mikolas Ales, Vaclav Jansa, Alfons Mucha, Jakub Obrovsky, Jan Preisler, Josef Wenig, Karel Spillar, Max Svabinsky, Josef Ullman, Frantisek Zenisek, and the sculptors Josef Maratka, Josef Vaclav Myslbek, Karel Novak, Ladislav Saloun, Frantisek Uprka, Bohumil Kafka and Cenek Vosmik.
Sumy, Ukraine. Cathedral of Holy Resurrection (Voskresenskaya)
The earliest surviving architectural monument in Sumy started by the city founder Gerasim Kondratiev and was finished by his son Andrew in 1702. It was a place of worship and the defensive structure in the north-western part of the fortress. The Church has two altars, a rarity in the Ukrainian churches. It is a two-tiered structure with three cupolas and well decorated interior. It is one of the best examples of Ukrainian wooden architecture.
fall decorating ideas for weddings
outdoor christmas decorations deer
modern decor blog
decorative garden walls
cottage style interior decorating
decorate easter bonnet
decor dining room
mission style decorating ideas