Ja pripadam tebi!
Evo nešto lijepo, pa ko voli ...
bike it yourself tour / ecotopia biketour 2006
bike it yourself to ecotopia and celebrate the world carfree day in croatia!
we have been so busy organizing it, that we almost forgot to tell you – ecotopia biketour is happening again this summer! for the first time in our 16th years history, we will not end the biketour in ecotopia camp, but continue on cycling to celebrate the world carfree day in croatia. biketour this year is going to be quite long, but you are invited to join and leave our clumsy and joyful group whenever you want.
we will start our "bike it yourself tour" on 18th of june in điauliai, lithuania and it will take us 6 weeks of cycling through lithuania, poland and slovakia to reach ecotopia camp in zajeska, beautiful place in the mountains of slovakia. we will stay at the ecotopia gathering for 2 weeks and then continue the biketour for another 4 weeks full of cycling, international exchanges and environmental actions through hungary, slovenia, ending in croatia on 22nd of september. you can really bike it yourself – all the way from lithuania to croatia!
come and join us on the diy street party in lithuania, participate in anti-via baltica highway protest in poland, harvest yourself veggies in ecofarm in slovakia and join dozens of workshops on art activism in ecotopia! hungary, slovenia and croatia will also offer great actions, beautiful campsites and great interaction with local groups. look at biketour.net for more details about this celebration of sustainable transportation and lifestyle.
join us, if:
• you can cycle 50-80 km per day (trust me, you can!)
• you are interested in environmental issues and willing to take part in some actions
• you are willing to take part in concensus decision-making and
• you are willing to take part in the daily tasks such as preparing meals, carrying trailers, washing up or tidying the sleeping places.
• watch out: sexist, racist, homophobic and other discriminatory behaviour will not be tolerated on the tour.
how to take part? first you have to fill out in the application form which can be found at how-to-join. those people who need visa for the countries we travel through will receive as much help as possible from the biketour organisers. each person pays a participation fee of about 15 eco per day (check: ecorates for more info on ecorates). this fee covers everything - organisational effort, various events, actions, workshops, three meals a day and a place to put your tent.
we might be able to refund your travel costs - if you travel the cheapest, most ecological way. but this still in the hands of funders
- contact us as soon as possible, if your participation depends on this. each person cycles at their own pace and we carry everything ourselves, with large items in trailers. we usually cook ourselves.
the organization is well under way, but we are always happy for every helping hand. lots of things can be done via internet - writing texts, layout, etc. please have a look here: Stuff to be done.
looking forward to seeing you all!
"bike it yourself tour" organizing team
for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org