18 8 LUG WHEELS. 18 8
18 8 lug wheels. Coats 850 wheel balancer. Car wheel stopper.
18 8 Lug Wheels
Goff Building, Clarksburg WV
GROUND WAS BROKEN FOR THE GOFF BUILDING ON JUNE 28, 1910
Nathan Goff, Jr. had a life-long love affair with Clarksburg. Born Feb. 9, 1843, in Waldomore at 400 West Pike Street, the son of Waldo P. and Harriet L. Moore Goff, Jr., graduated from Clarksburg's Northwestern academy, established a law practice in the town in 1865 and began a career that would make him the most prominent and wealthiest citizen of the town.
By 1905, when income from oil sales alone in ten years had totaled $1,077,991.52, Goff had invested heavily in his hometown. In 1897 he and other Waldo P. Goff heirs had given land for North Fourth Street leading from West Pike Street to the Fourth Street Bridge which Goff built himselt to open up his land in Glen Elk. In 1901, Goff built the Elkbridge Building, a $60,000 brick structure at the north end of the Fourth Street Bridge. In 1903 Goff and associates of Goff formed the Clarksburg Gas and Electric Company and won the franchise to furnish gas and electricity to the City for thirty years; and in the same year, Goff built the Oak Hall Building, a $35,000 office and apartment building on West Main Street. Between 1901-1904 Goff spent more than $400,000 to erect the Waldo Hotel, one of the largest and most elaborate hotels in West Virginia and built next door to the house where Nathan Goff, Jr. had been born and reared.
Goff liked to build fine buildings. By 1907 he was ready to replace with a modern structure the brick office building he had erected in 1891 on the corner of West Main and Court streets, and next door to the Harrison County Courthouse. Goff's work had sent him frequently to Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina because those states plus West Virginia were under his jurisdiction as judge of the U.S. Circuite Court for the Fourth Judicial Circuit. As senior circuit judge, after November 1893, Goff had assigned cases over which the seven district judges in the circuit would preside at a time when custom dictated that judges sit in cases outside their respective districts when services were needed. Goff traveled the circuit frequently as judge from 1892-1913. He admired the work of Architect Frank P. Milburn which he saw reflected in Union Station the dome of the Sourht Carolina State House, and other buildings in Columbia, S.C., for Milburn designed at least two hundred fifty major structures in the South.
Frank Pierce Milburn (1898-1926), a native of Bowling Green, Kentucky, practiced as an architect in Louisville, Ky., 1884-1889; in Kenova, W. Va., 1890-1895. He moved to Charlotte, N.C. in 1895 to be architect for the Southern Railroad Company, and in the same year won the contract as architect for the Mechklenburg County Courthouse at Charlotte. He built the first steel frame building in North Carolina and the first steel frame building in South Carolina, where he moved from Charlotte to take up residence in Columbia, the state capital.
In his first fifteen years of practice, Milburn designed 19 railroad stations, 26 County Courthouses, 15 residences, 9 college buildings, including 5 for the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, plus offices, churches, banks and schools. "He is said to have acquired in a few years the largest architectural business south of the Mason and Dixon Line." Milburn employed MIchael Heister as designer and together the two opened "Milburn, Heister & Co., Architects" circa 1904 in Washington, D.C. The Washington firm executed designs in Washington for the Department of Commerce Building, the Navy Building,, the House of Representatives Office Building and Lansburg's Department Store. "Stylistically, Milburn was typical of 19th Century eclectics and at other times adopting the classical attitudes of the Neo-Classical Revival or Beaux Arts Classicism...His notable achievement was in skyscraper construction iwth the vertical emphasis of a tall structure terminating in an ornate and usually wide overhanging cornice.
Goff hired Milburn in 1908 to draw up plans for his office building. A newspaper in 1909 reported: "The Goff Building will be 9 stories in height...The old buildings at the corner of Main and Court streets have already been razed and the excavation for the foundation is expected to be begun at a very early date." Nov. 11, 1909, Manufacturers' Record, an architectural trade journal, published a sketch of the structure projected by Milburn & Heister Architects to be build in Clarksburg.
Ground was broken for the Goff Building June 28, 1910. Representatives from Milburn & Heister rode the B&O Railway often to Clarksburg for "the firm was expert, relieving the client of all worry". "Milburn was a conscientious architect who felt that standards within the architectural profession should be as high as those in medicine and law. It was his b
HRE unleashes a direct descendant of the wheel that won the 2010 Grand-Am GS Championship, now lighter, stronger and better ever and ready for competition.
HRE Performance Wheels has unveiled a NEW forged one-piece motorsport wheel for 2011, the R40 Monoblok™ for dedicated track and the highest performance street cars. This mesh-style, 6061-T6 aerospace grade aluminum wheel is a direct descendant of the custom-built model used by Fall-Line Motorsports to WIN the 2010 Grand-Am GS Championship in BMW M3 race cars, but now it’s available in a brand new mesh style for a wide range of applications and lighter than ever (17.5 lbs and up).
HRE R40 wheels are precision engineered to stringent German TUV specifications in HRE’s TUV-approved manufacturing facility for ultra light weight, high strength and unsurpassed quality. Available finishes include Satin Black, Satin Silver, Brushed with Clearcoat and more. The R40 is available in 18” diameter and widths ranging from 8.5” – 12” in Multi-lug and Center Lock versions. HRE engineers know the race can be won in the pits, so be sure to note the rattle-gun friendly open dish shape for fast wheel changes!
All HRE wheels are engineered to minimize unsprung mass and rotational inertia for optimal acceleration, handling and braking performance. Each wheel is built-to-order at HRE’s 60,000 square foot manufacturing facility for the ultimate performance solution and custom-tailored wheel buying experience. Call HRE today to order an R40 for your unique track or street machine.
thor jazz 5th wheel
microsoft pc steering wheel
asleep at the wheel cd
abrasive wheels act
model wagon wheels
behind the wheel
cat 972h wheel loader