HOW TO WATCH HOCKEY. WATCH HOCKEY
How to watch hockey. Pictures of hockey equipment
How To Watch Hockey
- Providing detailed and practical advice
Practical advice on a particular subject; that gives advice or instruction on a particular topic
A how-to or a how to is an informal, often short, description of how to accomplish some specific task. A how-to is usually meant to help non-experts, may leave out details that are only important to experts, and may also be greatly simplified from an overall discussion of the topic.
(How To’s) Multi-Speed Animations
- Hockey refers to a family of sports in which two teams play against each other by trying to maneuver a ball, or a puck, into the opponent's goal, using a hockey stick.
- Hockey is an album by John Zorn featuring his early "game piece" composition of the same name. The album, first released on vinyl on Parachute Records in 1980, (tracks 4-9), and later re-released on CD on Tzadik Records with additional bonus tracks as part of the The Parachute Years Box Set in
- field hockey: a game resembling ice hockey that is played on an open field; two opposing teams use curved sticks try to drive a ball into the opponents' net
- a small portable timepiece
- a period of time (4 or 2 hours) during which some of a ship's crew are on duty
- Keep under careful or protective observation
- look attentively; "watch a basketball game"
- Look at or observe attentively, typically over a period of time
- Secretly follow or spy on
“I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars.”
Something that is very on topic as of now in my life. Spiritually as well as physically.
Hiya there. Hope everyone has had a great Wednesday.
* I'm tired.
* I should be cleaning up and making food
* That's why I sit in front of the tv with my laptop
* Watching some lame Finnish reality-tv, scrolling gossip-sites on the net
* According to the weather forecast we won't have sun for at least a week, but more snow, strong winds and temperatures around -20'C
* Thank you weather gods, I am your loyal supporter
* (But now you could go and screw yourself. Sincerely, Hannah)
* Vancouver has got on to a very lousy start for the insanely pressured Finnish atletes
* Tonight the Finnish hockeyteam plays its first game, against Belarus. I'm pessimistic about the outcome. The ugly truth is, that Finland hasn't succeeded in hockey since 1995, when we won the World Championship. Coming second, third, fourth, well, it doesn't really count. Not when we talk about Finnish icehockey and the pride that comes with it. Icehockey makes grown men cry, makes people depressed and suicidal. Well not everyone, but it involves a lot of feelings, a lot of passion around here. It's our national game. I choose to not care though, much easier that way, ;).
(as long as we beat Sweden, that is always a must).
Why...? There's always this rivalry between Finland and Sweden, a competition in the competition. If Finland doesn't win, the only consolation will be if Sweden is below us in the ranking. It's always been like this, in everything. Usually playful, not bloody serious, but... Icehockey.... that's serious stuff. Finns still remember that grand moment in 1995 when we won, and not only won, but actually beat the Swedes in the final. A double pleasure. And when we have lost against Sweden in other finals, it's a double defeat. We also tell jokes about Swedes, and they about Finns, in very stereotypical ways.
Do these "rivalries" occur between other countries as well? Is there something like this between Canada and the US for instance? Ireland and the UK? In other forms? Would be interesting to know, :).
* And now I'm actually sitting here talking about icehockey and all that, which I'm not usually even interested in.... *sigh*. Get your ass up from the couch this instance Hannah, start the cooking, get the vacuum cleaner out. Now.
I'll try to catch up with you all during this week, I haven't had much time in the last couple of days. I'm sorry for my abscence... Still decided to upload, because it makes me feel that I'm at least taking some part in the community, and helps me to get involved again. Yep....
August 9 2009
Several years ago we found this in a collection of vintage toy soldiers in an antique store. Boomer immediately eed upon seeing it, "Look! An actuary!" So we had to have it. Last night we watched an episode of Columbo in which toy soldiers figured prominently, so in honor of that, we had a photoshoot with our toy actuary soldier.
Oh, and it should be noted that we had the following exchange today:
Schnookie: "blah blah blah, dinner planning" (It may have been more detailed than that.)
Pookie: "You should aim to have dinner ready at 8, so we can eat during the game."
That's right -- "eat during the game." Sure, it's just the Hall of Fame game, which means it's really lame and we'll turn it off after 10 minutes, but still! It's an actual interesting sport, in an actual live sporting event. A game!!! The end is in sight!
the hockey shop ltd
national junior hockey
hockey game sheets
street hockey equipment
the canadian hockey goalie
hockey rink image
hockey team number
the hockey magazine
hockey history facts