COOKING BROWN RICE IN CROCK POT - COOKING BROWN RICE
COOKING BROWN RICE IN CROCK POT - PRESSURE COOKING BROWN RICE - COOKING FOR LARGE PARTIES.
Cooking Brown Rice In Crock Pot
- Brown rice (or "hulled rice") is unmilled or partly milled rice, a kind of whole, natural grain. It has a mild nutty flavor, is chewier and more nutritious than white rice, and becomes rancid much more quickly. Any rice, including long-grain, short-grain, or sticky rice, may be eaten as brown rice.
- Unpolished rice with only the husk of the grain removed
- unpolished rice retaining the yellowish-brown outer layer
- is the most balanced of all the whole grains and is also gluten free. Unpolished whole natural brown rice is higher in minerals, protein and flavor than white rice.
- A slow cooker
- an electric cooker that maintains a relatively low temperature
- A large electric cooking pot used to cook stews and other dishes slowly
- (cook) prepare a hot meal; "My husband doesn't cook"
- (cook) someone who cooks food
- the act of preparing something (as food) by the application of heat; "cooking can be a great art"; "people are needed who have experience in cookery"; "he left the preparation of meals to his wife"
- The process of preparing food by heating it
- The practice or skill of preparing food
- Food that has been prepared in a particular way
Ginger Shitake Pork Bowl
One of the nice things about the local organic grocery is it sells fresh noodles by the pound. I snagged some whole wheat lomein and began cooking in my head from there.
2 pounds pork, cubed
1 T ground ginger
1 t ground nutmeg
1 t ground allspice
2 T sesame oil
1 t salt
1 t black pepper
1 large piece fresh ginger, minced
1 onion, minced
3 large cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
1 package dried shitake mushrooms
1 qt chicken stock
1)Toss pork in spices and oil. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
2)Brown pork in vegetable oil in batches.
3)In the same pan you cooked the pork, cook onion, garlic, ginger and jalapeno until onions are translucent.
4)While onion cooks, refresh mushrooms in 1/2c of the chicken stock.
5)Mix pork and aromatics in crock pot with the rest of the chicken stock. Add mushrooms refreshed mushrooms.
6)Braise for 3 hours at least.
7)Serve over rice or as in my case, boil up some fresh lomein from the nice Korean grocery down the street and serve it on that. Drizzle with some soy sauce.
It was a recipe in my crock pot book.
juice of one lemon
2-3 tbspns of Smoked Paprika
3 springs fresh Rosemary
Rinse chicken and pat dry
place in bottom of crock pot
pour juice of one lemon over chicken
sprinkle liberaly with paprika
salt and pepper to taste
top with rosemary sprigs
Cook on low 3-4 hours until done
It was ok but its got too much paprika for my taste.
I made some brown rice to go with it.
cooking turkey breast in oven
organic cooking wines
tvb beautiful cooking 2
cooking classes in san diego
reynolds cooking bags recipes
cooking schools scotland
french terms for cooking
10.11.2011. u 13:31 •