COOK A LOBSTER TAIL http://blog.dnevnik.hr/cook-a-lobster-tail
NONSTICK RICE COOKER - NONSTICK RICE
Nonstick Rice Cooker - Youtube Cookie Monster - Best Temperature To Cook Turkey
Nonstick Rice Cooker
- A rice cooker or rice steamer is a self-contained tabletop kitchen appliance for cooking rice. There are electrical and gas powered versions. The term can also refer to a container designed for cooking rice in a microwave oven. Dedicated rice cookers date from the earliest of times.
- (of a pan or surface) Covered with a substance that prevents food from sticking to it during cooking
- (of surfaces especially of cooking utensils) permitting easy removal of adherent food particles; "a frying pan with a nonstick surface"
- A non-stick surface is a surface engineered to reduce the ability of other materials to stick to it. A non-stick coating may be applied to a substrate to produce such a surface.
- Modern metal cooking pans are frequently coated with a substance such as polytetrafluoroethylene (Teflon) coating in order to minimize the possibility of food sticking to the pan surface. This has advantages and disadvantages for flavor and ease of use.
Dinner 29 December
Channa masala (chickpea curry) with roasted butternut squash and Gardein beef tips. Spiced brown basmati rice (cardamom pods, cumin & coriander seeds, saffron, annatto, bay leaves, cinnamon stick).
Here's the basic recipe:
1. Peel, deseed, and chop butternut squash. Toss with olive oil (1-2T) and salt (1/2-1t) and roast in a 375 degree (F) oven for about 30min, flip halfway through.
2. Put brown basmati rice and spices (cardamom pods, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, bay leaves, cinnamon stick, saffron, annatto) in rice cooker, add water according to directions and press start.
3. Empty pouch of Gardein beef tips into a nonstick frying pan to dry roast over medium heat while the curry comes together. Meanwhile...
4. Melt 1T margarine (or oil) in a pot.
5. Add 1/2 onion (diced). Soften with a lid on, medium heat, 5-7 minutes.
6. Add 1-2T tomato paste, 2T masala (any mix of Indian curry spices will do. I love channa masala but garam masala, tikka masala, or any of them will do), 1T curry powder to pot, stir together for 2-3 minutes.
7. Thin with soy milk and/or vegetable broth. I used about 1 1/2 cups total, all soy milk for a creamier curry.. Once the liquid is incorporated, add salt (1t) and taste for seasoning.
8. Add 1 can rinsed chickpeas, 2C shopped spinach, 1C roasted butternut squash, and Gardein beef tips (or other faux meat).
I decided to make fried rice. Usually, I cook my rice in the rice cooker and then fry it in the wok with the other ingredients. Tonight, in honor of the new rice cooker/steamer I bought to replace my aging one, I thought it might be interesting to just make it all in one pot.
Even the rice itself was different. Usually it's just white rice but this time I used what amounts to Rice-a-Roni fried rice mix (it was the store brand 'cause I'm cheap). Three boxes of that, plus a little white rice to round the measuring cup out to 4 cups. Filled the steamer with water to the right level. Added some peanut oil, about 3 Tbs. and 1 Tbs. of sesame oil instead of using butter as the rice box sests. A couple of glugs of soy sauce, maybe 2 or 3 Tbs., I didn't measure. 3 green onions, sliced. A package of bean sprouts, I think maybe 8 ounces. Half a pound of Chinese barbecued pork, chopped. A cup or two of frozen mixed vegetables. Lastly, a lightly beaten egg. Mix it all together, close the pot and select the "white rice" button.
And there you have it. Less of a mess to clean up because there's no rice stuck to the wok and my rice cooker has a nonstick surface.
downtown cookie company
rosemary conley slow cooker
dane cook nothing fight video
enamel camping cookware
how long to cook a turkey in a convection oven
creative cookie recipes
cook pork chops
09.11.2011. u 22:05 •