COLLIN COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY OFFICE

nedjelja, 06.11.2011.

COLLIN COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY OFFICE - DISTRICT ATTOR


Collin County District Attorney Office - Becoming A Defense Attorney - Family Law In Ny.



Collin County District Attorney Office





collin county district attorney office















1927 Collin County Courthouse - McKinney, TX




1927 Collin County Courthouse - McKinney, TX





Texas Historical Marker for the 1927 Collin County Courthouse, no longer in use as a courthouse, and a shadow of its former Second Empire self (a photo in a shop window on the square sheds considerable light on how they used to carve up these beautiful, old buildings). The 1936 Texas Centennial Historical Marker for Collin County is in front of it. 3/31/11

Collin County was formed in 1846 and its only town, Buckner, was automatically selected as the county seat. To comply with state law, an election was held to relocate the county seat to the center of the county. Only eleven people participated due to inclement weather, and when the vote was tallied McKinney was established as the county seat in 1848. The first courthouses in McKinney were modest wooden structures. A third courthouse was erected on this site during 1874-1875, and was opened for use in 1876. The 2-story Victorian structure was made of native limestone blocks with a steep mansard roof and a main entrance that faced east. The building's architect, often mistakenly identified as Charles Wheeler, was Charles Wheelock of Sherman. The much-celebrated courthouse on the square became a backdrop for parades and other events. The structure was overcrowded and in poor condition by the mid-1920s. Extensive exterior and interior renovations included the removal of the mansard roof and tower caps, as well as the addition of a third story and basement. Overseen by W. A. Peters of the Paris, Texas, architectural firm of Sparger and Peters, the work resulted in a classical revival edifice completed in 1927. Original features included tripartite windows with flanking double classical columns on the north and south facades. The new structure was commonly known as the "Temple of Justice," and continued to be the center of activity for city and county functions. It remained in service as a courthouse until 1979. The structure remains a fine example of 20th century classical revival design and a monument to Collin County history. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1998











1927 Collin County Courthouse - McKinney, TX




1927 Collin County Courthouse - McKinney, TX





Texas Historical Marker for the 1927 Collin County Courthouse, no longer in use as a courthouse, and a shadow of its former Second Empire self (a photo in a shop window on the square sheds considerable light on how they used to carve up these beautiful, old buildings). 3/31/11

Collin County was formed in 1846 and its only town, Buckner, was automatically selected as the county seat. To comply with state law, an election was held to relocate the county seat to the center of the county. Only eleven people participated due to inclement weather, and when the vote was tallied McKinney was established as the county seat in 1848. The first courthouses in McKinney were modest wooden structures. A third courthouse was erected on this site during 1874-1875, and was opened for use in 1876. The 2-story Victorian structure was made of native limestone blocks with a steep mansard roof and a main entrance that faced east. The building's architect, often mistakenly identified as Charles Wheeler, was Charles Wheelock of Sherman. The much-celebrated courthouse on the square became a backdrop for parades and other events. The structure was overcrowded and in poor condition by the mid-1920s. Extensive exterior and interior renovations included the removal of the mansard roof and tower caps, as well as the addition of a third story and basement. Overseen by W. A. Peters of the Paris, Texas, architectural firm of Sparger and Peters, the work resulted in a classical revival edifice completed in 1927. Original features included tripartite windows with flanking double classical columns on the north and south facades. The new structure was commonly known as the "Temple of Justice," and continued to be the center of activity for city and county functions. It remained in service as a courthouse until 1979. The structure remains a fine example of 20th century classical revival design and a monument to Collin County history. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1998










collin county district attorney office







Similar posts:

utah bankruptcy attorney

nc attorneys

immigration lawyers in denver

the fowler law firm

patent and trademark law office

california durable power of attorney form

association of women lawyers

billing rates law firms

mass criminal lawyer



06.11.2011. u 15:59 • 0 KomentaraPrint#

<< Arhiva >>

  studeni, 2011  
P U S Č P S N
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Studeni 2011 (10)

Dnevnik.hr
Gol.hr
Zadovoljna.hr
OYO.hr
NovaTV.hr
DomaTV.hr
Mojamini.tv

COLLIN COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY OFFICE

collin county district attorney office, ohio probate attorney, find pro bono lawyer, wa state attorney general office, divorce lawyer in virginia

Linkovi

collin county district attorney office
criminal defense blog
free attorney background profiles
family law solicitors london

Blog.hr koristi kolačiće za pružanje boljeg korisničkog iskustva. Postavke kolačića mogu se kontrolirati i konfigurirati u vašem web pregledniku. Više o kolačićima možete pročitati ovdje. Nastavkom pregleda web stranice Blog.hr slažete se s korištenjem kolačića. Za nastavak pregleda i korištenja web stranice Blog.hr kliknite na gumb "Slažem se".Slažem se