HOW TO CLEAN VINTAGE CLOTHING - CLEAN VINTAGE CLOTHING
How to clean vintage clothing - Colon cleaning with.
How To Clean Vintage Clothing
- Vintage clothing is a term for new or second hand garments originating from a previous era. The phrase is also used in connection with a retail outlet, e.g. "vintage clothing store." It can also be used as an adjective: "This dress is vintage."
- (How To’s) Multi-Speed Animations
- Providing detailed and practical advice
- A how-to or a how to is an informal, often short, description of how to accomplish some specific task. A how-to is usually meant to help non-experts, may leave out details that are only important to experts, and may also be greatly simplified from an overall discussion of the topic.
- Practical advice on a particular subject; that gives advice or instruction on a particular topic
- make clean by removing dirt, filth, or unwanted substances from; "Clean the stove!"; "The dentist cleaned my teeth"
- Remove the innards of (fish or poultry) prior to cooking
- clean and jerk: a weightlift in which the barbell is lifted to shoulder height and then jerked overhead
- Make (something or someone) free of dirt, marks, or mess, esp. by washing, wiping, or brushing
- free from dirt or impurities; or having clean habits; "children with clean shining faces"; "clean white shirts"; "clean dishes"; "a spotlessly clean house"; "cats are clean animals"
One Object 365 Days Project: 7/365
Ethel~Maud has finally had a session in the dolly spa!
I think she looks a little lighter in colour now, and her eyes seem brighter to me too, but I'm not sure how well this shows in the photographs. I know that I removed some of the 50-odd years of surface dirt because of the dirty patches on the wash cloth! I was very nervous cleaning her head because it is made from something very firm beneath the fabric ~ some sort of moulded card or papier mache, perhaps. I was very careful not to saturate any part of Ethel~Maud during the cleaning process and thankfully all went well! I was pleased that it was nice and warm here yesterday as it meant she was able to dry naturally but fairly quickly :-)
I had mixed results with the pen marks on her face and leg ~ I have uploaded close-up photos. All-in-all, though, I am very pleased with Ethel~Maud's spa session and she is, too ;-)
As you can see, I have also made her a new outfit ~ finally LOL I crocheted everything using a 50/50 cotton/acrylic blend yarn, which is really nice to work with.
Ethel~Maud's new dress is simply a small piece of crocheted ripple; four "peaks" and "valleys" was enough to make this simple sheath. I made a short lengh of chain to thread through the front and back "peaks", giving a sort of halter-neck effect. I made the matching shawl using a 7mm hook and treble (US double) crochet with a simple chain edging :-)
Her shoes were another make-it-up-as-I-went-along effort LOL They aren't as pretty as the ones Firuzan (angelsinmysecretgarden) makes but at least they are nicer than Ethel~Maud's old black boots. I asked her if she would like a bag to match her shoes, and Ethel~Maud very shyly asked if I could possibly make something fairly large. I'm not sure what she intends to put in it but hopefully she will have plenty of room!
Ethel~Maud seems to be very conscious of her somewhat receding hairline so I asked if she would like a pretty headdress. She was so thrilled when I showed her what I had made and said that it reminds her a little of Frida Kahlo!
1st Find @ Longest yard sale hwy 27
Didn't know what she was, only knew she deserved better. Hubby spotted her first, came & told me about her. Said, "You have your clorox wipes with you?" Not knowing we were going to stop anywhere I didn't have them w/me. He said, I touched a doll over yonder and I'm sticky nasty. I just had to go see what he was talking about then. As I rounded the corner she said,"lady give the man two dollars or it's suicide for me." I approached the man that owned her and told him she is filthy and deserves a new home, how about 1.00 ,
he acted as if he didn't hear me. I then proceeded to the truck where hubby was telling him the man ignored me. He said, go offer him 2.00 and so I did,
he took it, I ask for a bag to put her in and she had to ride in the back of the truck.
I layed her down in the tub when I got home and took a nap before I dug into that dirty mess. As I began to scrub a smile emerged from her face. I was then able to see she still had life in her. I then smiled with her. I cleaned & cleaned, At first I thought she was a brown eyed girl, and after cleaning she seems to have 1 green eye and 1 brown eye. oops. She knows she's different and I love the look of gratefulness on her face. She is 21 inches tall has a crier in her that doesn't work anymore, that's ok, since, I've done some research & find her to be an Eegee doll that also comes in a 13 inch like her, it is on Etsy right now. That person says when the doll walked the head moved as everything is attached with a rod up in the head. Of course in her condition that doesn't work either. She is going to be happy to sit on a vintage chair from now on. We just need to find her some clothes soon.
I am thankful to have rescued this sweetie, I suppose she comes from the 1950's as I do. lol We'll get along good.
: ) I don't know if this doll had a name, however, peggy sue keeps coming to me and I don't even like Peggy.
local window cleaning
speedway drain cleaning products
clean dirt fill
how to clean glass bottles
cruelty free cleaning products
cleaning kitchen sinks
abc cleaning company
pro clean carpet cleaning