CHRISTMAS CANDLE DECOR

03.10.2011., ponedjeljak

MOVIE THEATER ROOM DECOR - ROOM DECOR


MOVIE THEATER ROOM DECOR - DECORATIVE ACCESSORIES FOR HOME - DESIGNER PARTY DECORATIONS.



Movie Theater Room Decor





movie theater room decor






    movie theater
  • A theater where movies are shown for public entertainment

  • A movie theater, picture theater, film theater or cinema is a venue, usually a building, for viewing motion pictures ("movies" or "films").

  • cinema: a theater where films are shown

  • The literal definition means "where they are shown."





    decor
  • The furnishing and decoration of a room

  • The decoration and scenery of a stage

  • Interior design is a multi-faceted profession in which creative and technical solutions are applied within a structure to achieve a built interior environment.

  • The style of decoration of a room, building

  • interior decoration: decoration consisting of the layout and furnishings of a livable interior





    room
  • an area within a building enclosed by walls and floor and ceiling; "the rooms were very small but they had a nice view"

  • space for movement; "room to pass"; "make way for"; "hardly enough elbow room to turn around"

  • Space that can be occupied or where something can be done, esp. viewed in terms of whether there is enough

  • A part or division of a building enclosed by walls, floor, and ceiling

  • Opportunity or scope for something to happen or be done, esp. without causing trouble or damage

  • board: live and take one's meals at or in; "she rooms in an old boarding house"











movie theater room decor - Great Northern




Great Northern Popcorn Black 8 oz. Ounce Foundation Movie Theater Style Popcorn Machine Top


Great Northern Popcorn Black 8 oz. Ounce Foundation Movie Theater Style Popcorn Machine Top



Includes a FREE Starter Kit: 25 FREE bags, measuring cups and a popcorn scoop with every popper! If you are in the market for a popcorn popper, stop looking! These Great Northern Popcorn top quality machines feature stainless steel food-zones, easy cleaning stainless steel kettles, an exclusive warming deck, old-maid drawers (for unpopped kernels), tempered safety glass panels and an industry leading 8 ounce kettle. The antique style design evokes memories of early days at the ball games, carnivals, or the movie theater. We have combined the best of both worlds -- not only are you getting today's technology, you get an authentic design with all the conveniences of the modern era. Features of the Foundation Popper: * Deluxe model with 3 position control switch and 820 watts *Exclusive whisper quiet motor * Switches include: spot light warmer, stirrer and pot heater *Tempered Safety Glass Walls * High impact Polycarbonate doors * Warming Deck * Built-in warmer light * Popcorn scoop is included * Reject kernel tray * Kernel and oil scoop is included * Heavy-duty powder coated steel and stainless steel construction * Cleans up with water * Makes roughly 3 gallons of popcorn per batch * Works on standard 110 volt * 820 watts (Top Quality and Certified) * Top Machine is 17.1"L x 14.1"W x 24.0"H * Minor assembly is required.










78% (17)





Arcada Theater- Saint Charles IL (2)




Arcada Theater- Saint Charles IL (2)





nrhp # 94000977- In 1837, Orange C. Baird, David Howard, and Dr. Nathan Collins built a hotel on the lot on where the Arcada Theatre now stands. Boarders could expect few luxuries in the spare building. One of the earliest boarders, Bela T. Hunt, bought the hotel and renovated it. Following construction of an addition and other improvements, Hunt reopened the hotel with a ball on July 4, 1838. Peter J. Burchell served as proprietor of the hotel for much of its existence. During the Mexican War and the Civil War, the hotel served as a recruiting headquarters. By 1889 the building's condition was quickly deteriorating: "The Old Burchell Hotel is like an old man tottering to its fall...it stands with a careening frame, deserted, fifty-three years after its construction." Later that year, the building was dismantled. The lot remained vacant until the construction of the Arcada Theatre.

St. Charles gained yet another of its landmark public buildings in the 1920s. In 1926, following much fanfare, the Arcada theater opened to the public. Lester Norris (1900-1981), built the Arcada in hopes of providing a place of entertainment and enjoyment for people of the area. Much like Colonel E.J. Baker, Norris invested his engergies and assets in the improvement of his hometown. Norris was a commericial artist and cartoonist for the Chicago Tribune. Designed by Elmer Berhns, the three story theater stands as a prime example of the Spanish Colonial Revival Style. While most of the exterior elements of the building remain, the original facade did not include the marquee that is seen today--that was added in 1943. The final cost of the building was approximately $500,000. On its opening night, September 6, 1926, visitors from all over northern Illinois first entered the building. Lavish decoration greeted the patrons. A fountain in the main foyer, nature scenes simulated by projecting rocks and waterfalls, and the combination of Spanish and Native American designs illustrated in the artwork and woodwork immersed patrons in luxury. Inside the 1,000 seat theater itself, a Marr and Colton organ accompanied the silent movies that flickered on the screen. The theater also boasted a grand stage. Patrons of the Arcada had several options: not only were they able to watch the latest movie, but they also were able to view a stage show. On opening night, two showings of a feature film "The Last Frontier", an Our Gang comedy, and a vaudeville show entertained guests. Norris also invited theater managers from Chicago to see the new theater. The Arcada Building also housed stores and businesses, a tea room, and a lodge room on the third floor. Over the years, these other rooms have served as places for receptions, lodge meetings, and social gatherings. Famous entertainers have appeared at the Arcada. John P. Sousa, George Burns and Gracie Allen, Edgar Bergen, and Jeannete MacDonald once stood upon the stage. In the 1950s, local play companies presented popular muscials such as Brigadoon and Carousel. The Arcada remained in the possession of the Norris family until the 1980s. From 1980 until 1992, Ruby Frank owned the theater. In the early 1990s, Classic Cinemas bought the Aracada and hoped to refurbish and revive the elements that had been lost to time. To do so, they had to uncover many of the ornamental elements which had been covered or painted over during the theater's lifetime. Today, one can watch a movie at the Arcada and step back into time. Although the theater may not be in its original conditon, it still gives one a sense of what once existed on opening day in 1926. While modern improvements, such as a new sound system were added, those restoring the Arcada also strove to recreate the decorative elements that reflect the original decor. Thanks to the restoration of the Arcada Theater and its architectural and entertainment importance, the Illinois Historic Preservation Agency placed the theater on the National Register of Historic Places in 1994.

from lib.il.us











Tecumseh Theater Balcony




Tecumseh Theater Balcony





The Tecumseh Theater is located on Shawnee, Ohio’s Historic Main Street. The district is listed on the National Register of Historic Places due to its unique boom town architecture and important role in industrial and labor history. The three story structure was known as a “skyscraper” when it was built in 1907 by the Improved Order of Red Men, one of the many fraternal organizations that existed in the Little Cities of Black Diamonds Coal Region at the turn of the last century. Its early use of steel I-beam construction was rare in rural America. Its height made it Perry County’s tallest building, a distinction it holds to this day. It took two years to build the structure, utilizing iron, clay and brick from the nearby Rock Run brick plant.

The building sits on the site of the O’Bear Hotel, fashioned from the farm house that stood here before the town was founded. The hotel hosted such prestigious guests as William McKinley and William Jennings Bryan as they courted the vote of miners in the 1896 presidential election. The building’s main theater spans the middle two floors of the four story building. It was called the Indian Theater. Complete with a professional sized stage and balcony seating, its unique flat floor that never contained fixed seating made it a multi-purpose building. The relatively new game of basketball was the first event held in the space with baskets mounted on the balcony and the edge of the stage. Barnstorming teams from the east were known to have visited the theater to play local teams. Vaudeville shows, plays, musical concerts, boxing matches and high school graduations were also common occurrences in the theater during the early days. During the 1930’s and 40’s the theater became a popular place for dancing as big band and swing music became the rage.

The flat floor was also popular as a skating rink in the 1950s.

The two storefronts on the first floor of the building provided income for the building’s owners during the early years. Among the tenants were a ten pin bowling alley and a barbershop. Dressing rooms were located in the rear of the first floor and reached the theater stage above by a stairwell. A cistern located under the first floor not only provided water to the building, but also was vented to the stage to provide cool air during the summer months.

The top story of the building was built as the headquarters for the Red Men’s Lodge, complete with small office rooms and a large ball room where the organization’s meetings and ceremonies were held. Unfortunately, the organization only stayed in the building until 1912 when they went bankrupt from debt incurred building the structure.

The building was purchased by area businessman, Mr. David Lewis who converted the left hand storefront into a silent movie theater called the Linda Theater in the early 1920’s. He eventually sold it to Mr. Louis Hatem. During the early 1930’s Mr. Hatem remodeled the theater with elegant seating and decor and installed the first talking movie projectors in the Hocking Valley, bringing movie patrons from all over the region to the town. He converted the right hand storefront into an elegant lounge and confectionery for his movie operation, and named it the “New Linda Theater.” The first floor dressing rooms became an apartment for his family as stage shows in the Main Theater were fading from the entertainment scene. Mr. Hatem successfully operated the movie theater here until 1959. Several generations of Shawnee citizens have fond memories of attending the movies at this location.

After the movie theater closed in the late 1950’s the Hatem family vacated the building, with Mr. Hatem using the Main Theater for storage. A fire in the building adjacent to the Red Men’s Hall in the 1960’s severely damaged the theater roof. Unrepaired, water began to pour through the structure causing excessive damage to the building’s floors and plaster walls.









movie theater room decor







Similar posts:

foyer decoration ideas

hawaiian themed party decorations

italian chef kitchen decor

toddler room decorating ideas

decorative table cloths

1920's decorating ideas

kitchen decor theme




- 19:22 - Komentari (0) - Isprintaj - #

<< Arhiva >>

  listopad, 2011  
P U S Č P S N
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31            

Listopad 2011 (19)

Dnevnik.hr
Gol.hr
Zadovoljna.hr
OYO.hr
NovaTV.hr
DomaTV.hr
Mojamini.tv

CHRISTMAS CANDLE DECOR

Linkovi

Blog.hr koristi kolačiće za pružanje boljeg korisničkog iskustva. Postavke kolačića mogu se kontrolirati i konfigurirati u vašem web pregledniku. Više o kolačićima možete pročitati ovdje. Nastavkom pregleda web stranice Blog.hr slažete se s korištenjem kolačića. Za nastavak pregleda i korištenja web stranice Blog.hr kliknite na gumb "Slažem se".Slažem se