COOKING CORNED BEEF - CORNED BEEF
Cooking Corned Beef - Dolls Cooking Games
Cooking Corned Beef
- canned pressed ham (see salt beef)
- Corned beef is a brine-cured beef. The "corn" in corned beef refers to the "corns" or grains of coarse salts used to cure it. The Oxford English Dictionary defines corn, as meaning "a small hard particle, a grain, as of sand or salt.
- Beef brisket cured in brine and boiled, served hot typically with cabbage, or cold, sliced for sandwiches
- bully beef: beef cured or pickled in brine
- Food that has been prepared in a particular way
- (cook) prepare a hot meal; "My husband doesn't cook"
- The process of preparing food by heating it
- The practice or skill of preparing food
- (cook) someone who cooks food
- the act of preparing something (as food) by the application of heat; "cooking can be a great art"; "people are needed who have experience in cookery"; "he left the preparation of meals to his wife"
Corned Beef and Cabbage
Yes...that says 1 of 365. As in, I'm going to try this 365 days things again. I realized two very important things when I thought about my failed attempts at a 365 and a 52 project though:
1) I really don't enjoy taking pictures of myself that much. Sure, it's a nice little challenge from time to time (sort of like street photography or sports photography, etc.), but doing a full year of it? It's not my thing.
2) I was trying way, way too hard. This was especially true on the 52 weeks project. I wanted each shot to be a masterpiece. I don't have that kind of talent, though, especially for SP shots. So, predictably, they came out bad and it really discouraged me, and I dreaded workign on the project.
So...with all that in mind, I've decided that yes, I really like the idea of a 365 project. I just can't make it all of myself. I'll definately throw in an SP from time to time, but it won't be very often. I've also decided that this really should be a project to document my life. So, I'm not going to go to any great lengths to achieve perfection. If I'm trying to learn a new type of lighting or something, I'll use that. But I'm not going to dream up elaborate shots just for the project. I really want to keep it simple and have it represent who I am.
OK...enough babbling Here's my first shot. This was the Corned Beef and Cabbage dinner that I cooked at my place and then took over to Steve's house to share with him and Sharon. I don't cook a lot, but I do enjoy it from time to time and would like to broaden this skill. I think the biggest impediment to that goal is that I have trouble cooking for just myself. So, I either need to find some motivation to cook for me and me alone, or start sharing more meals like I did here. I think the latter is the route to go, because I do enjoy sharing the fruits of my efforts with my friends.
I was really proud of this dinner. It's been a year since I cooked Corned Beef and Cabbage so I was a little worried I'd screw it up (which is silly, because it's ridiculously easy to make). I need not have gotten myself so worked up. The dinner can be summed up in three words: It was delicious!
Corned Beef Hash
I made the corned beef brisket and with the leftover brisket my son made this delicious corned beef hash.
cooking show hosts
cooking isnt rocket science
dallas cooking lessons
healthy cooking demonstration
cooking classes ubud
lamb leg cooking times
hash cooking recipes
10.11.2011. u 04:12 •