COOKING STEEL CUT OATS : UNREFINED COOKING OIL : CELIAC COOKING.
Cooking Steel Cut Oats
- The grinding process of removing the chaff. Does not mean that the grinding mills are made of steel.
- (cook) someone who cooks food
- The process of preparing food by heating it
- the act of preparing something (as food) by the application of heat; "cooking can be a great art"; "people are needed who have experience in cookery"; "he left the preparation of meals to his wife"
- The practice or skill of preparing food
- (cook) prepare a hot meal; "My husband doesn't cook"
- Food that has been prepared in a particular way
- Used in names of wild grasses related to the cultivated oat, e.g., wild oat
- A cereal plant cultivated chiefly in cool climates and widely used for animal feed as well as human consumption
- The common oat (Avena sativa) is a species of cereal grain grown for its seed, which is known by the same name (usually in the plural, unlike other grains). While oats are suitable for human consumption as oatmeal and rolled oats, one of the most common uses is as livestock feed.
- The grain yielded by this, used as food
- (oat) annual grass of Europe and North Africa; grains used as food and fodder (referred to primarily in the plural: `oats')
- OATS - Open Source Assistive Technology Software - is a source code repository or "forge" for assistive technology software.
Steel Cut Oatmeal
I had to see what all the hoopla was about with Steel Cut Oats. It was well worth the wait. Although it takes 1/2 hour to cook, it is has a much more nutty and savory flavor than "regular" oatmeal. Those little instant packets of flavored oatmeal are disgusting compared to scratch oatmeal...forgeddaboutit! And yes, I indulged in the unsalted, creamery butter pat...certainly not as bad for you as a slab of sausage, 3-eggs, and a plateful of greasy hashbrowns...although I still treat myself to that on occasion, just less often!
Oatmeal, blueberries, brown sugar and butter. My first experience cooking steel-cut oats. I cooked them in soy milk and it took more than 30 minutes. Toasting or overnight soaking is said to reduce the cooking time considerably. Next time I'll do it.
Strobist Info: Two FL-50rs behind the subject, bounced from ceiling, TTL. One FL-50r on stand above and to left TTL with diffuser dome.
cooking recipes pakistani
national cooking competitions
sri lankan cooking recipes
native americans cooking
cooking with magic mushrooms
free online food cooking games