BUSH COOKING GAMES : COOKING GAMES
BUSH COOKING GAMES : HOW TO ROAST A LAMB NEW GREEK CLASSIC COOKING : PLAY COOKING CAKE GAMES
Bush Cooking Games
- Food that has been prepared in a particular way
- (cook) someone who cooks food
- The process of preparing food by heating it
- The practice or skill of preparing food
- the act of preparing something (as food) by the application of heat; "cooking can be a great art"; "people are needed who have experience in cookery"; "he left the preparation of meals to his wife"
- (cook) prepare a hot meal; "My husband doesn't cook"
- A complete episode or period of play, typically ending in a definite result
- (game) a contest with rules to determine a winner; "you need four people to play this game"
- A form of play or sport, esp. a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck
- A single portion of play forming a scoring unit in a match, esp. in tennis
- (game) bet on: place a bet on; "Which horse are you backing?"; "I'm betting on the new horse"
- (game) crippled: disabled in the feet or legs; "a crippled soldier"; "a game leg"
- A woman's pubic hair
- shrub: a low woody perennial plant usually having several major stems
- A shrub or clump of shrubs with stems of moderate length
- provide with a bushing
- A thing resembling such a shrub, esp. a clump of thick hair or fur
- bush-league: not of the highest quality or sophistication
IMG 102 - Delicious Damper Delicately Cut With Bushman's Saw . . . .
When living in the bush as this we do not have the benefit of an electric or wood stove, but rely on our own resources to survive. One of the staple diets of the "bushy" is damper. It is made from flour and water and a pinch of salt. It is mixed into a dough and when ready it is put into the cooking facility, in this case a billy. A billy is used for boiling water for a cuppa tea or for cooking rice or stew or whatever was on the menu for that night. A fire is set and allowed to burn for a while, then the coals are removed and the billy placed in the earth and the hot coals are placed around the billy and left for the cooking period. This was our first attempt and it tasted really nice. Only problem was the outer crust was so tough we could not cut it with a knife so this bushman's saw was employed to cut through the crust to get to the inner portion. Add some butter and vegemite (not known in the Philippines, I think the equivalent in America and England is Marmite) and a ready meal ensures. We had damper on many occasions, and as we made more we got better and better and never had another crust like this!!!!!!!!!!
Here is a recipe off the Internet .........
AUSTRALIAN DAMPER BREAD
This is a traditional bread baked in the coals of an open fire or in a Dutch Oven (huge lidded cast iron pot) but nowadays we bake it in a normal oven. Of course there are as many variations as there are days in the years but the basic recipe is as follow:-
* 4 cups self-raising flour
* 3/4 - 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons sugar
* 2 tablespoons butter at room temperature
* 1 cup milk
* 1/2 cup water
* Sift the flour and salt into a bowl and mix in the sugar.
* Rub in the butter with your (clean) hands until a fine breadcrumb texture is achieved.
* For a well in the top of the flour, pour in the milk and water, and mix well with a knife until the dough come clean from the sides of the bowl.
* Turn out onto a floured board and knead until smooth and silky, like a baby's bottom.
* Shape into a mounded loaf, (some people cut a deep cross in the top) and bake in a preheated oven, 200 c / 400 F, for 25 minutes. Then lower the temperature to 180 c / 375 f and cook a further 10 - 15 minutes until done. The loaf should be a light golden brown colour and sound hollow when tapped.
* If you are "game" try cooking it on a camp fire; nothing beats that extra smoky flavour, especially using Australian Eucalyptus wood to give it that special something. If you are cooking in an oven at home, try putting a few Gum Leaves in the over to smoke as your are cooking the bread.
Damper is very similar to Irish Soda Bread, and probably developed from recipes brought over by Irish immigrants/convicts.
Variations of the basic recipe are seemingly endless, but you could try substituting other liquids, such as beer for a darker colour/flavour, or varying the ratio of milk to water, and so on. Try adding more sugar and butter and some dried fruits for a dessert damper. Basically use your imagination.
If you are cooking on an open fire you could try wrapping the dough in aluminium foil before you place it in the coals, or even try wrapping the dough around a stick and cooking suspended over the flames.
how could this happen
Bush just got his Dictators License, Cheney's claiming he's above all U.S. and International Law, and Chertoff's "reaching out" to self-described "deviant" SciFi writers for "help" with "the terrorists". How coy of Chertoff the Zombie. Fiction, science and otherwise, along with thousands of movies and the utter garbage on television has long been intentionally used by the forces of repression in order to more easily part you from your Rights, your Freedoms, your Cash, your Privacy, your Liberty, your Property, everything else they can steal, and your Human birthright of independent critical Thought itself. It's called "Predictive Programming", and this latest bit of propaganda is most likely a story recommended to be put out in the brainwash media formerly known as our Free Press, by the busy, busy, busy thinktanks, paid for by our tax money, of course, as counterintelligence to further muddy the waters, since the vast majority seem to finally be catching on to the constant lies, distortions, half-truths and plain nonsense foisted on them by the second, in service to the "New World Order" agenda perpetrated by these criminals on We The People of the U.S. and everyone else; an agenda directly opposed to everything the phony Chertoff and his twice never-elected masters pretend to "stand" for. If their multi-trillion dollar oil and weapons con game with terrorists they created is so Patriotic and "The Liberals" hate America so much and are lying, then you just march right on down to the recruiting center and sign on up there. They'll be delighted to ship you out with the least possible armor, and should you by some blessed miracle return injured rather than in a box, they will stick you in a roach-infested "hospital" and pretend they don't know who you are or what you are doing there. CuttingThroughTheMatrix.net has plenty of information on all of this, if you can turn off the Chickenhawk fingerpointing brownshirts on FOX long enough to listen or read anything that isn't outright propaganda and perpetual advertising for these sociopathic faux-"Patriot" swindling traitors. How about the PNAC "Prediction" that "A catalyzing event" akin to "A new Pearl Harbor" would be "Neccessary". Why, exactly, was our military ordered to "Stand Down" on 9/11? Just a total coincidence Cheney's Halliburton stock went up 3000% on all the no-bids they got based on cooked intelligence? Those are FACTS, not Fiction. In China, they just sentenced the crooked head of their
equivalent of our Food And Drug Administration to death for endangering the health of their exported food products. Here, we have something called I-M-P-E-A-C-H-M-E-N-T.
cookware for induction cooking
ceramic pots for cooking
cooking calamari tender
cooking holidays spain
spice guide for cooking
ground turkey cooking temperature
cooking games baking cakes