Invest in green tech : Safe investments that : Japanese foreign direct investment in
Invest In Green Tech
Clinton on jobs Panel 2 Going Green
About 40 minutes into the event Clinton has invited 4 new panelists to the stage to talk about green jobs.
William Cagney - International Union of Operating Engineers
- working to train operating engineers on green building and energy conservation in buildings. Cagney is on Mayor Ravenstahl's green task force.
- working to expose school students to green collarred jobs, need to keep girls interested in science beyond 4th grade
Clinton: we need to do a better job of training and retraing our work force.
Marge Kruger - administrative director of Communication Workers of America
- union represents call center workers
- PA was able to help fund worker retraining to keep jobs in PA and avoid outsourcing
Clinton: jobs that are being outsourced are service jobs, need to work to offer training and keep jobs here.
David Mallone - Gateway Financial
- education and medicine make up 40 % of jobs in western pa. There was a need for respirational therapists. Collaboration with educators to get training. Need education system to improve to support global economy. Discretionary funds are needed to respond to changing economy.
Clinton: shortage of nurses, I am endorsed by nurses. Shortage of nursing schools. Government can help states with money. Transparency is needed.
Dr. Nasser - director of center of integrated manufacturing at RIT
- success stories for western NY by investing in new tech
- sees lack of incentives and lack of initiatives
Clinton: we need more collaboration, success in being together universities and businesses
Tech@NYU Startup Week Spring 2011
Every semester, Tech@NYU organizes a week-long event full of hacking, networking, and learning to celebrate the thriving startup scene in NYC. We've held three so far - this one is our best yet.
Photo by @matyldaEvery semester, Tech@NYU organizes a week-long event full of hacking, networking, and learning to celebrate the thriving startup scene in NYC. We've held three so far - this one is our best yet.
Photo by @matylda
return on new investment
early retirement investment
accounting for investments in bonds
investment advisors referral
investment banking compensation survey
what are good mutual funds to invest in
common retirement investment options
film investment companies
investment company news