WEST GATE INN - GATE INN
West Gate Inn - Carrington's Bluff Bed And Breakfast Austin - Holliday Inn Georgetown.
West Gate Inn
- West Gate is a census-designated place (CDP) in Prince William County, Virginia, United States. The population was 7,493 at the 2000 census.
- Inns are generally establishments or buildings where travelers can seek lodging and, usually, food and drink. They are typically located in the country or along a highway.
- An establishment providing accommodations, food, and drink, esp. for travelers
- hostel: a hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers
- A restaurant or bar, typically one in the country, in some cases providing accommodations
- Indium nitride is a small bandgap semiconductor material which has potential application in solar cells and high speed electronics.
The Manor House, West Bromwich
This view shows the Gate House entrance of The Manor House, possibly the most complete example of a mediaeval timber-framed hall in existance. It is in Hall Green Road, West Bromwich. The oldest part of the building, the Great Hall is thought to date back to 1290-1310. Recent tree ring dating showed the timber to have been cut down @1275. The building is surrounded by a moat. Originally built by the de Marnham family as the centre of their agricultural estate in West Bromwich. Successive occupants modernised and extended the Manor House until it was described in 1790 as “a large pile of irregular half-timbered buildings, black and white, and surrounded with numerous out-houses and lofty walls.”
From the 1880s it was used as tenements and in the 1950s up to six families lived in various parts of it. At this time the building was looking pretty dilapidated with plaster on the outer walls hiding the timber. In 1950 West Bromwich Corporation purchased the then derelict property and not realising the true nature of the building planned to demolish it, but after a campaign from conservationists they agreed to restore it. It is now a grade 1 listed building.
The restoration work was completed in 1959 and in 1960 Ansells adapted the building into a licenced premises, it proofing to be a popular destination for weddings and mediaeval banquets.
Sadly, it ceased trading a couple of months ago and now faces an uncertain future until it is sold.
Bristol RE meets Bristol VR 1976
In May 1976 WMPTE ex Coventry 4445 working from Bilston Street garage is seen on the peak hours only 42 service from New Invention to Wolvberhampton via Willenhall. The Bristol VR, 4684, is woreking from Walsall garage on service 242 (formerly 2, later 326) Bloxwich to Willenhall service.
This road junction, at the Gate Inn, although shown in contemporary maps as a traffic island was quite clearly a staggered crossroads at the time of this photo.
sagamore hotel south beach
embassy hotel suites
hotel taurito princess
perth holiday accommodation
5 star hotel in ireland
excalibur hotel deal
no20 sanctum soho hotel
ocean view motel myrtle beach
pink palace hotel turkey