HESSIAN CARPET : HESSIAN
HESSIAN CARPET : CARPET STORES NEW YORK
- A strong, coarse fabric made from hemp or jute, used for sacks
- In algebraic geometry, the first polar, or simply polar of an algebraic plane curve C of degree n with respect to a point Q is an algebraic curve of degree n?1 which contains every point of C whose tangent line passes through Q.
- Hessian (from Hesse in Germany) refers to a style of boot that became popular in the 18th century. Initially used as standard issue footwear for the military, especially officers, it would become widely worn by civilians as well.
- Hessian boot: (19th century) a man's high tasseled boot
- cover completely, as if with a carpet; "flowers carpeted the meadows"
- A floor or stair covering made from thick woven fabric, typically shaped to fit a particular room
- form a carpet-like cover (over)
- A large rug, typically an oriental one
- A thick or soft expanse or layer of something
- rug: floor covering consisting of a piece of thick heavy fabric (usually with nap or pile)
A Hessian Diary of the American Revolution
This unique diary, written by one of the thirty thousand Hessian troops whose services were sold to George III to suppress the American Revolution, is the most complete and informative primary account of the Revolution from the common soldier's point of view. Johann Conrad Dohla describes not just military activities but also events leading up to the Revolution, American customs, the cities and regions that he visited, and incidents in other parts of the world that affected the war. He also evaluates the important military commanders, giving readers an insight into how the enlisted men felt about their leaders and opponents.
Private Dohla crossed the Atlantic Ocean in 1777 as a private in the Ansbach-Bayreuth contingent of Hessian mercenaries. His American sojourn began in June 1777 in New York. Then, after several months on Staten Island and Manhatten, the Ansbach-Bayreuth regiments traveled to the thriving seaport of Newport, Rhode Island, where they spent more than a year before the British forces evacuated the area.
The Ansbach-Bayreuth regiments returned briefly to the New York New Jersey area before they were sent to reinforce the English command in Virginia. Eventually Dohla participated in the battle of Yorktown—of which he provides a vivid description—before enduring two years as a prisoner of war after Cornwallis's surrender.
Bruce E. Burgoyne has provided an accurate translation, helpful notes for scholars and general readers, and an introduction on the Ansbach-Bayreuth regiments and the history of Johann Conrad Dohla and his diary. This first edition of the diary in English will delight all who are interested in the American Revolution and the thirteen original colonies.
29th of May - Royal Oak Day
This rug was hooked to commemorate Various Days of the year to form an exhibition - the one I did is interpreted as King Charles as a Green Man with the oak leaves growing from his head as he famously hid in an Oak Tree on this date whilst fleeing for his life from the Roundheads after the Battle of Worcester in 1651. The rug is hooked in carpet wool with a fine hook and inscribed with the legend Royal Oak Day on 29th of May
Clip gripped in proddy tool
Showing how a clip of fabric is gripped in the Proddy tool, when making a proddy rug, the tool is pushed through the heassian backing passing under several strands, then back up, the clip is gripped and pulled through the hessian so that each end of the clip is showing on the upside.
abbyson silhouette himalayan area rug pattern 5020
auto carpet dyeing
carpet right rugs
citrus carpet cleaning vancouver
buy large rugs
removing wine stains from carpet
26.10.2011. u 17:15 •