Large Bed Canopy : Curved Drapery Hardware.
Large Bed Canopy
- cover with a canopy
- Cover or provide with a canopy
- the transparent covering of an aircraft cockpit
- the umbrellalike part of a parachute that fills with air
- above average in size or number or quantity or magnitude or extent; "a large city"; "set out for the big city"; "a large sum"; "a big (or large) barn"; "a large family"; "big businesses"; "a big expenditure"; "a large number of newspapers"; "a big group of scientists"; "large areas of the world"
- Of considerable or relatively great size, extent, or capacity
- Of greater size than the ordinary, esp. with reference to a size of clothing or to the size of a packaged commodity
- a garment size for a large person
- Pursuing an occupation or commercial activity on a significant scale
- at a distance, wide of something (as of a mark)
- A place or article used by a person or animal for sleep or rest
- furnish with a bed; "The inn keeper could bed all the new arrivals"
- a piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep; "he sat on the edge of the bed"; "the room had only a bed and chair"
- A piece of furniture for sleep or rest, typically a framework with a mattress and coverings
- a plot of ground in which plants are growing; "the gardener planted a bed of roses"
- The time for sleeping
Dreamscape Hoop Canopy
Mulitfunctional Net Hoop Bed Canopy
This bed canopy adds a hint of luxury to a bedroom done in traditional decor or can add an elegant (and mosquito-free) touch when hung over a table at an outdoor garden party. The long, column-shaped expanse of 100-percent polyester mesh ties around the included wooden hoop. The hoop then mounts onto and suspends from the ceiling over the center of the bed, cascading a filmy sheath of fabric around the bed's four corners. The canopy fits over beds of any size, from twin to king, and drapes elegantly over a four-poster frame or simply over a bed without head- or footboards. In addition to its decorative appeal, this canopy also serves as a functional mosquito net, providing a peaceful night's sleep in hot and humid climates. Dry cleaning is recommended as the most thorough and easy cleaning method for the canopy; however, it is possible to hand wash the canopy in cold water and dry it flat. --Cristina Vaamonde
Great Bed of Ware
English, 16th century.
I read an article a while ago (in Medieval Clothing and Textiles, I think) about how lavish beds and bed coverings were used as showpieces in Italian homes, and were often larger than necessary and never slept in. Apparently this one though was made as a sort of publicity stunt, which worked, because Shakespeare had heard of it and made a "pop culture reference" to it in Twelfth Night. The display for the bed was actually very good with info on and samples of the various layers of bedding. It is a rope bed with several layers of thin mattresses stuffed variously with unspun wool and down; there are linen sheets, wool blankets, a silk quilt stuffed with yet more unspun wool, and a coverlet with gold threads woven in. There are also canopies made of a wool textile called "say". Since no records exist of the bedding for this bed, they used records of other bedding from the same vintage to recreate all of this, right down to colours that were preferred for bedding in that particular part of the country. A research inspiration to us all.
Back to Sonnenberg - Mary Thompson's Bedroom
Here you see the canopy bed that was in Mary Thompson's bedroom. Following her husband Frederick's death in 1899, Mary Thompson moved to this bedroom, which originally overlooked the Old-Fashioned Garden. This room had its own bath, fireplace and balcony. There was also a large walk-in closet with built-in shelves and drawers. Located in the mansion, on the second floor, at the Sonnenberg Gardens & Mansion State Historic Park at 151 Charlotte Street in Canandaigua, NY. (85)
in white rooms booka shade
houston plantation shutters
custom cellular shades
decorating canopy bed
contemporary light shades
awnings portland oregon
awning replacement windows
renetto canopy chairs
metal shutters for windows
design view roman shades