MICROWAVE COOKING METHODS - MICROWAVE COOKING
Microwave cooking methods - Southwestern cooking recipes
Microwave Cooking Methods
- A microwave oven, or simply a microwave, is a kitchen appliance that cooks or heats food by dielectric heating. This is accomplished by using microwave radiation to heat water and other polarized molecules within the food.
- A heating method uses radiation generated by a special oven to penetrate the food. It agitates water molecules, creating friction and heat; this energy then spreads throughout the food by conduction (and convection in liquids).
- (method) a way of doing something, especially a systematic way; implies an orderly logical arrangement (usually in steps)
- Orderliness of thought or behavior; systematic planning or action
- method acting: an acting technique introduced by Stanislavsky in which the actor recalls emotions or reactions from his or her own life and uses them to identify with the character being portrayed
- (A Method) Return to Cookie Mountain is the third full-length album by the American rock group TV on the Radio.
- A particular form of procedure for accomplishing or approaching something, esp. a systematic or established one
Chicken Enchiladas with Sour Cream Sauce
This was my first attempt at homemade enchiladas...
3-4 (medium-size) chicken breasts boiled and shredded
1 1/2 cup chopped yellow/white onion
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1 small can of diced black olives
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 10 oz.-can of cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup of chopped green chiles (fresh is best but canned will do)
1/2 cup sour cream
2-3 cups of shredded Mexican cheeses
1-2 tbsp of garlic powder (to taste)
Salt and pepper to taste
Boil chicken breasts until done. Shred the chicken but pour the broth (2 cups) into a bowl and set aside for now. Put the shredded chicken back into the pan and mix in the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, yellow/white onion, one cup of the cheese, and garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste, heat but don’t boil.
Sour Cream Sauce
1/2 stick of butter
1/4 cup of chopped green chilies
1/4 cup of flour
1 cup sour cream
Salt to taste
In a sauce pan, melt butter, blend in flour, add chicken broth, and cook until mixture thickens and bubbles. Stir in sour cream and green chilies and salt to taste. Heat on low. DO NOT BOIL.
You can fry the tortillas in the traditional method, but they add a heaviness that I’d prefer to avoid for a number of obvious reasons. So I found another method that’s a light lighter: Spray both sides of each tortilla with a non-stick cooking spray then wrap them in a paper towel and place in the microwave and cook on high for 60 seconds.
Once tortillas are ready, spoon filling into each tortilla, roll and place them in a baking pan(s). Sprinkle a light layer of cheese over the tortillas then pour the sour cream sauce over top and bake at 425 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve piping hot.
Makes about 12-15 enchiladas.
Divine chocolate cupcakes with Ganache
Ingredients for the chocolate cupcakes:
100g plain flower
20g divine cocoa powder
140g Fairtrade caster sugar
1.5tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
40g unsalted butter at room temperature
120ml whole milk
1 med egg
?tsp of vanilla extract
400g Divine dark chocolate
200ml Double cream (at room temp)
175g caster sugar
Cocoa powder for dusting
•Preheat the oven to 170°C (325°F) gas 3.
•Put flour, cocoa, sugar and baking powder, salt and butter in a free-standing mixer with paddle attachment. Mix together until you have a sandy texture.
•Whisk milk, egg and vanilla bowl. Slowly pour half into the mixture, beat to combine and then turn the mixer up to high speed to get rid of any lumps.
•Turn the mixer down to a slower speed and pour in the remaining mixture. Continue to mix for a couple of mins.
•Spoon mixture into the 12 cases and cook for 20 mins.
•Break up or grate chocolate, put into a microwave proof bowl.
•Pour the cream over the chocolate
•Place in the microwave on full power for 30 seconds
•Remove and stir for one min it will barely have changed at this stage.
•Replace in the microwave on full power for a further 30 seconds
•Remove and stir for one min us should start to see the chocolate melting.
•Place back in the microwave on full power for 20 seconds
•Remove and stir for one min if all the chocolate has melted then it’s ready if not replace for a further 10 seconds.
•Use a piping bag and metal nozzle to pipe onto top of cooled cupcakes.
•Decorate with blueberries, edible gold stars and glitter.
cooking for 1 or 2
cooking brisket in the oven
easy cooking videos
jamaican cooking techniques
cooking for dinner parties
cooking rice in a steamer
cooking books free
cooking academy play free
cooking lessons for beginners