Non Fat Cooking - Cooking Classes In Melbourne.
Non Fat Cooking
- Less than .5 g fat per serving
- (of a food) Containing no fat; with all fat solids removed
- Diet food (or dietetic food) refers to any food or drink whose recipe has been altered in some way to make it part of a body modification diet.
- The practice or skill of preparing food
- (cook) someone who cooks food
- The process of preparing food by heating it
- Food that has been prepared in a particular way
- the act of preparing something (as food) by the application of heat; "cooking can be a great art"; "people are needed who have experience in cookery"; "he left the preparation of meals to his wife"
- (cook) prepare a hot meal; "My husband doesn't cook"
Homemade cheese in olive oil
Making cheese is easy! Buy a big thing of plain yogurt - don't go for the low/non-fat. I know, I know, but you're making cheese. Stir in about a spoonful of salt and carefully turn onto a large, clean cheesecloth. To ensure cleanliness, first boil the cheesecloth in water for a minute, then drain carefully, making sure not to re-contaminate it.
Once you've placed the yogurt in the cheesecloth, gather the corners of the cloth thereby creating a sack out of it. Tie it as airtightly as you can and hang over a large bowl in a cool, dark place away from animals, children, and inquisitive guests. You can put it in the fridge as well; it'll just take longer. Depending on your climate, it will take 2-3 days for the yogurt to lose most of its water; check for cream cheese consistency. Now grab a jar which you've cleaned by keeping it (open!) in a hot oven for a few minutes. Fill about half of it with good olive oil and add garlic, herbs, red pepper flakes, and peppercorns (NOT ground pepper - you'll fog the oil.) Form 1" balls of cheese with moist hands and drop them in the oil. After about a day, fish them out with a spoon and sloppily spread on warm bread slices. Top with sundried tomatoes in oil for a fabulous treat.
The cheese has a fridge life of about 3 days... Eat or share with family and friends quickly!
Day 24 - March 18, 2009 | Define Me
I had the sudden urge to put all the things which were needed to be put in the new bookshelf my parents gave me :)
weee. see all those botany books? LOLZ.
and those magazines i totally adore ;)
i see a jar of non-fat milk for diet purposes.
i also see the box of my trusty and stylish adidas pair.
what else do you see?
can you tell me my personality based on my stuff shown here?
cooking mama cook off recipes
cooking skill calc
tips for cooking indian food
all fun cooking games
cooking classes kent
free online cooking shows
indian cooking show
gourmet christmas cooking