Small Wooden Wheels - Alloy Wheels Mercedes - Cast Iron Caster Wheels.
Small Wooden Wheels
- Made of wood
- Stiff and awkward in movement or manner
- (woodenly) ungraciously: without grace; rigidly; "they moved woodenly"
- lacking ease or grace; "the actor's performance was wooden"; "a wooden smile"
- Like or characteristic of wood
- made or consisting of (entirely or in part) or employing wood; "a wooden box"; "an ancient cart with wooden wheels"
- (wheel) a simple machine consisting of a circular frame with spokes (or a solid disc) that can rotate on a shaft or axle (as in vehicles or other machines)
- A circular object that revolves on an axle and is fixed below a vehicle or other object to enable it to move easily over the ground
- A circular object that revolves on an axle and forms part of a machine
- Used in reference to the cycle of a specified condition or set of events
- (wheel) change directions as if revolving on a pivot; "They wheeled their horses around and left"
- steering wheel: a handwheel that is used for steering
- on a small scale; "think small"
- limited or below average in number or quantity or magnitude or extent; "a little dining room"; "a little house"; "a small car"; "a little (or small) group"
- Small items of clothing, esp. underwear
- the slender part of the back
3-D Wooden Puzzle - Small Twin-Bowed Wheel -Affordable Gift for your Little One! Item #DCHI-WPZ-P061
This appealing puzzle, ''Small Twin-Bowed Wheel'' by All4LessShop, will help you exercise your spatial thinking and hand dexterity while offering hours of fun as you figure out how to put together these 42 pieces of plywood to form a beautiful small twin-bowed wheel worthy of display on your desk or bookshelf. Carefully push the pieces out of the board with your fingers, sand if necessary, put together by following a hint diagram (a drop of glue might be useful here and there, though not necessary), and the puzzle is assembled! You can stain it, paint it, or leave the wood unfinished, either way it would make an attractive keepsake. keepon Measures 9 x 0.25 x 7 inches.Exciting and educational, this puzzle would make a lovely gift for anyone: your significant other, friend, parent, or a coworker!
Tyring A Wheel
I took this and the companion photo at Acton Scott Historic Working Farm in Shropshire (as featured on the recent Victorian Farm programme).
Amongst other things, the chap in the hat regularly uses the permanent forge facilities on site to 'tyre' wagon wheels. This involves heating a metal wheel-tyre in an open fire (visible in the background in the other shot) till it is red-hot, then dropping it over the wooden wheel rim and rapidly cooling it with buckets of water - hence the clouds of steam. As the metal tyre is made slightly smaller than the circumference of the wheel, it contracts onto the rim and tightens the whole wheel up.
The wheel is mounted on a spindle over a circular metal base let into the ground. Once the rim has tightened, the nut is removed from the spindle and the wheel checked for circularity by rotating it in the circle opening at the centre of the ring.
In this case the guy on the right had made four wheels for a small wagon to be used in a theatrical production, and was using the specialist skills and equipment still available at the farm to tyre them authentically. However, the facility is still regularly used to tyre full sized wheels, which can then last for 50 years or more.
Bathing machine in Eastbourne - side view
A bathing machine restored to its former glory.
Normally in Edwardian photographs you see them in sepia looking quite small in the distance, but when you get close up to one it looks a very large, sturdily-built piece of equipment. On reflection it would have to be, otherwise it would be moved by the incoming waves.
Note the decorative ventilation holes that can be opened or closed with small sliding shutters mounted on the inside.
You can see an early photograph of bathing machines in use at Bognor Regis if you do a tags search on 33BM72, and you can see them on the beach in Sheringham with 31STP76.
discount wheel bearings
plastic toy car wheels
color wheel poster
disc wheel cover
scorpion off road wheels
hot wheels color shifter
weld racing wheels for trucks
old water wheel