MEDIEVAL PARTY DECORATION - MEDIEVAL PARTY
MEDIEVAL PARTY DECORATION - A MIRROR DECOR - CABIN DECOR BATHROOM.
Medieval Party Decoration
Suit Of Armor Cutout
Party Decorations fit for Medieval Knights! Medieval party decorations and supplies are the perfect way to set the scene for your knights and royalty party. Celebrate in style like the knights of the round table with medieval party decorations. 36" tall and 13" wide at widest point. Fleur de lis design on armor. Printed on both sides. Made of cardstock. Our unique prince and medieval party favors and decorations are just what you're looking for. We have the king and knight party supplies for your medieval party that people will notice and admire. Part of Decorations > Cutouts
(Former) New York Times Building
This sixteen-story office building, constructed as the home of the New York Times, is one of the last survivors of Newspaper Row, the center of newspaper publishing in New York City from the 1830s to the 1920s. Erected in 1888-89 and enlarged in 1903-05, the present building was the paper's second on the site and was so identified with the Times that it was described in King's Handbook of New York (1892) as "the Times expressed in stone."
The former Times Building is the sole remaining office building in the downtown area by the pioneering skyscraper designer George B. Post. Post, the country's pre-eminent -architect-engineer, achieved a major technological feat with this commission which required him to incorporate the floor framing from the Times's five-story 1857 building so newspaper operations could continue on site while the new building was under construction. The Times Building, Post's first in the Richardsonian Romanesque idiom, was considered "a masterpiece of the Romanesque style." Faced with rusticated Indiana limestone blocks above a gray Maille granite base, the facades are articulated in a colmplex' composition featuring a series of impressive arcades that emphasize the verticality of the building and horizontal moldings that call attention to the underlying structure. The carefully-scaled details .include compound colonnettes, roll mOldings, miniature palllStrades, •foliate reliefs, gargoyles and a mansard with gabled dormers.
In 1904, the Times, which had been sold to Adolph Ochs, relocated to Times Square•The former ground-floor offices of the Times were. converted toc retail use, the mansard was taken down, and four stories were added to ..the designs of Robert Maynicke. Pace University acquired the building in 1951 for part of its Manhattan campus, converting the offices to classrooms and making changes to the base. With its three highly visible facades on Park Row, Nassau Street, and Spruce Street facing Printing House Square, the former New York Times Building remains a prominent presence in New York's civic center. The former New York Times Building is located difficult engineering problems. on a trapezoidal lot which extends 103 feet along Park Row, sixty feet along Spruce Street, ninety-six feet along Nassau Street, and is 104 feet wide at its south party wall adjoining the Potter Building.
The sixteen-story building has a Romanesque Revival design featuring rusticated stone work, a series of mUlti-story arcades, and finely carved medieval ornament. The building's two-story base is faced with gray Maine granite, while Indiana limestone is employed for the third through fourteenth stories and terra cotta for the top two stories. Tall arcades, prominent piers, and recessed windows and spandrels give the design a vertical emphasis. The facades are organized into three bays on Spruce Street and four bays on Park Row and Nassau Street. The north front on Spruce Street (Printing House Square) which originally contained the entrance to the Tunes publication offices is treated as the primary facade. The articulation of the Spruce Street facade is extended on to the narrow bays at the north end of the Nassau and Park Row facades. The original stone entrance surrounds on Spruce Street and Park Row were removed and new entrances and first story windows were installed in the I 950s when Pace University acquired the building. The original cast-iron spandrel panels still survive in the window bays but non-historic aluminum windows were installed on all three facades in the 1980s. A number of air conditioners and louvers have been installed in the windows of the Park Row and Nassau Street facades. Street facade
The Spruce Street facade is divided into six major story groupings which are defined by string courses that extend over the piers. The two-story base is articulated with rusticated pilasters resting on plain bases. The original stone Romanesque arched entrance porch has been removed from the center bay and the original projecting tripartite bay windows with double-hung sash and transoms, iron spandrel panels and tripartite sash windows have been replaced. Currently the multipane aluminum first-story windows rest on masonry bulkheads which are coated with a stucco facing which has also been applied to the base of the piers. The aluminum windows are lower than the original windows and the spandrel panels are wider (probably to accommodate dropped ceilings).
The second story has non-historic windows in place of the original one-over-one wood sash. Mid-section: Above the base is a three-story section comprised of a giant double-story arcade topped by a single story of coupled round arches. Miniature balustrades extend along the bottom of the large arches which are also enriched with corner coloUDettes, foliate capitals, and molded archivolts. Each large arch originally contained three window bays. The spandrel panels are articulated with
The Falls Hotel, Ennistymon, County Clare, Ireland
Nestled in it’s wooded vale beside the tumbling waters of the River Inagh, the distinctive building known today as the Falls Hotel Spa Resort conceals within it’s walls an eighteenth century mansion, a late medieval castle, and a formidable history of four and a half centuries embracing clans and warfare, landlords and tenants, poets, dreamers and entrepreneurs.
The O Briens
In 1712 the farm of "Inishtymond" was granted to a John O’Brien of Dublin, who was probably acting on behalf of his relative Christopher O’Brien. Christopher O’Brien died in 1743 and was succeeded by his eldest surviving son, Edward. Then, in 1764, Edward demolished much of the old castle building.
The new structure, Ennistymon House, was a Georgian-style building with large sash windows, fine panelling and rococo decoration inside.
In 1792 the house passed to Ann O’Brien and her husband Matthias Finucane. A year later, Ann was divorced by her husband by a special Act of Parliament; but since she was held to be the guilty party Ennistymon House remained in the Finucane family.
The Finucanes resided here in the early 1800’s.
On the death, without lawful heirs, of Andrew Finucane in 1843, the house passed to his brother-in-law William Nugent Macnamara of Doolin, who had in 1798 married Susannah Finucane, who was in turn a grand-daughter of Edward O’Brien, formerly of the same house. Francis ("The Colonel") Macnamara, only son and heir of William Nugent, married Helen McDermott in 1860 of Dublin and they lived variously between London and Ennis until July 1863 when they made Ennistymon House their permanent home. In the same year they added a west wing to the house to accommodate guests who came to enjoy - among other things - good shooting and fishing.
Francis Macnamara Jnr, grandson of The Colonel, could justifiably be considered the most colourful of his clan (his daughter Nicolette Devas wrote of him in her autobiography Two Flamboyant Fathers). And it was he who was responsible for turning Ennistymon House into a commercial property for the first time. Another of his daughters, Caitlin married Welsh Poet Dylan Thomas, both of whom lived in the house during the first two years of their marriage.
Francis’ marriage to Yvonne fell asunder and in 1928 he married again, this time to Augustus John’s sister-in-law, Edie McNeil. At this time he was dividing his time between London and Ennistymon, where he planned to turn the family home into a country hotel. After Edie died, Francis took a third wife, this time Iris O’Callaghan-Westropp of O’Callaghan’s Mills. That was 1936. He was then fifty-two years of age, some thirty years her senior, and shortly after they both returned to Ennistymon House which they soon after opened to the public as the Falls Hotel.
Towards the end of the 1930’s, Francis leased the hotel for five years to Brendan O’Regan, who later pioneered catering and sales services at Shannon International Airport. O’Regan ran the hotel during the years of World War Two, and one of his innovations was to supply hot meals in hayboxes to the golfers at Lahinch!
At the end of the O’Regan lease, Francis took the decision to sell the hotel, thus ending a connection which stretched back -almost unbroken- to the original O’Brien’s of Ennistymon Castle some four hundred years previous.
Ownership From 1942 - 1986
The new owner of the Falls Hotel was a retired Welshman called Gerard Henry Williams-Owen. He and his family operated during the summer months only.
In 1955 John F. Wood and his wife Bridget acquired the hotel. They added the hydro-electric plant which for many years provided power to the building, and the ‘plant’ can still be seen a short distance upstream, just below the cascades.
The Mc Carthys
The current owners of the Falls Hotel are Dan and Eileen McCarthy (since 1986). Under their stewardship, the hotel has been greatly extended and improved, and now boasts 140 bedrooms, a restaurant and bar, a 400 seat Conference/Banqueting Room, a leisure club, a highly equipped gymnasium and the 12 treatment room River Spa.
medieval party decoration
Steps for re-creating an accurate medieval celebration
Ideas for activities at Christmas, Easter, weddings, and parties
In this handy guide, medieval historians Daniel Diehl and Mark Donnelly provide ideas and instructions for planning an authentic medieval celebration, complete with guidelines on proper table manners, lyrics and music for festive songs and dances, rules for games, plans for decorating the dining hall, food and drink recipes, and period costume patterns. Specific information is offered for holiday celebrations and wedding services and receptions.
sports birthday party decorations
event decorating supplies
pool table room decor
western christmas decorations
chef decor for the kitchen
bamboo wedding decorations
vintage french home decor