DECORATOR ROOMS - DECORATOR
DECORATOR ROOMS - PICTURES OF DECORATED BAY WINDOWS.
- A person whose job is to decorate the interior of buildings by painting the walls and hanging wallpaper
- A person who decorates, in particular
- A person whose job is to design the interior of someone's home, by choosing colors, carpets, materials, and furnishings
- interior designer: a person who specializes in designing architectural interiors and their furnishings
- someone who decorates
- The Decorator is a 1920 silent comedy film featuring Oliver Hardy.
- Space that can be occupied or where something can be done, esp. viewed in terms of whether there is enough
- A part or division of a building enclosed by walls, floor, and ceiling
- (room) an area within a building enclosed by walls and floor and ceiling; "the rooms were very small but they had a nice view"
- Opportunity or scope for something to happen or be done, esp. without causing trouble or damage
- suite: apartment consisting of a series of connected rooms used as a living unit (as in a hotel)
- (room) board: live and take one's meals at or in; "she rooms in an old boarding house"
In the Pink: Dorothy Draper--America's Most Fabulous Decorator
Has there ever been an American decorator as famous as Dorothy Draper? Like Martha Stewart, Draper was a preacher and teacher whose how-to books and Good Housekeeping columns provided middle-class housewives with affordable ideas for making their homes more functional and comfortable.Thanks to her originality as a stylist and her daring as a businesswoman, she became one of the most respected career women in the United States. She shocked the design world in 1937 when she decorated the thirty-seven-story Hampshire House apartment hotel on Central Park South in New York City, delivering a project that became indicative of her signature touch - 'baroque fantasy'. In the Pink: Dorothy Draper, America's Most Fabulous Decorator , by Carleton Varney, lavishly illustrates for the first time Draper s most important projects. From the Greenbrier resort in West Virginia and Quitandinha in Brazil to her important fabrics for F. Schumacher & Co. and her automobile and airplane interiors of the 1950s, Draper c
Living room reimagined, December, 2006
Our living room is a work in progress. I'd like to have a custom-cut area rug and window treatments for the front windows. The green along the mantel was christmas decor. I'm especially fond of my andirons, on the fireplace hearth. My parents bought me the screen one holiday. It was a perfect fit for the home and paired perfectly with the andirons, which were also a gift.
'Curlish Green' by Farrow & Ball: Dining room by Shelia Bridges
The dining room of Sheila Bridges' apartment in Harlem. Walls are Farrow & Ball's Curlish Green. Two demi-lune tables, from Kenny Ball Antiques in Charlottesville, form the dining table. Chairs from Alain Pioton Antiques in Hudson. Venetian glass chandelier from Hudson.
Photo from New York Social Diary.
cottage design decorating
tropical table decor
decorative wall paper
country vintage decor
leaf wall decor
cookie decorating book
beach scene decor
home cake decorating ideas
03.10.2011. u 15:51 •