MODERN DRAPERY RODS. DRAPERY RODS
MODERN DRAPERY RODS. PATIO BLINDS
Modern Drapery Rods
- curtain: hanging cloth used as a blind (especially for a window)
- cloth gracefully draped and arranged in loose folds
- The artistic arrangement of clothing in sculpture or painting
- Long curtains of heavy fabric
- Drapery is a general word referring to cloths or textiles (Old French drap, from Late Latin drappus ). It may refer to cloth used for decorative purposes - such as around windows - or to the trade of retailing cloth, originally mostly for clothing, formerly conducted by drapers.
- Cloth coverings hanging in loose folds
- belonging to the modern era; since the Middle Ages; "modern art"; "modern furniture"; "modern history"; "totem poles are modern rather than prehistoric"
- a typeface (based on an 18th century design by Gianbattista Bodoni) distinguished by regular shape and hairline serifs and heavy downstrokes
- A person who advocates or practices a departure from traditional styles or values
- a contemporary person
- A thin straight bar, esp. of wood or metal
- (rod) perch: a linear measure of 16.5 feet
- A slender straight stick or shoot growing on or cut from a tree or bush
- A wand or staff as a symbol of office, authority, or power
- (rod) a long thin implement made of metal or wood
- any rod-shaped bacterium
Rod or No Rod
Rod or No Rod? The age old 1911 debate! In my personal experience, and many years shooting 1911’s in both leisure and competition style shooting , I find that Guide Rods are often more of a selling point, than an actual benefit to the firearm. First of all they make taking the gun down a lot more troublesome. And you need a bushing wrench to do so. While that is great for your full on Comp Gun. It is not a great item for a service pistol that may need to be taken down and cleaned while in the field. And some Guide rods even need a Allen wrench to take down. The guide rod on the “TRP” ( top pistol ) Is a 2 piece design, and requires a wrench to disassemble.
Some say that a guide rod will greatly improve accuracy, I don’t find this true at all. Most modern made CNC made 1911’s shoot way better than any human can reproduce while shooting off hand.
Some Say Guide Rods make your 1911 more reliable. I don’t find that true at all. Matter of fact I find that most 1911 pistols are reliable with or without guide rods. Reliability issues are more Likely an issue with a weak extractor or bad magazine.
Just my 2 cents on the subject…….. feel free to chime in!
East Side New York City
The lucite drapery rod kept the focus on the soft bird's egg blue drapery fabric. We wanted a clean, crisp yet sophisticated look. Taking the drapery to the ceiling made the loft's ceilings look endless. The short length adds a modern twist. Photography by Moki Goyal.
vertical blinds pictures
baby pool canopy
rv day night shade repair
event draping fabric
between glass window blinds
awnings for front door
homemade deer blinds
10 x 10 canopy frame
no sew draperies
21.10.2011. u 06:59 •