DECORATING VAULTED WALLS. MODERN DECOR BLOG.
Decorating Vaulted Walls
- Confer an award or medal on (a member of the armed forces)
- (decorate) deck: be beautiful to look at; "Flowers adorned the tables everywhere"
- Provide (a room or building) with a color scheme, paint, wallpaper, etc
- Make (something) look more attractive by adding ornament to it
- (decorate) make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.; "Decorate the room for the party"; "beautify yourself for the special day"
- (decorate) award a mark of honor, such as a medal, to; "He was decorated for his services in the military"
- Jump over (an obstacle) in such a way
- domed: having a hemispherical vault or dome
- Arched; or concave overhead; or covered with an arch or vault.
- : Of a ceiling supported by arches, introduced in the Gothic style
- Leap or spring while supporting or propelling oneself with one or both hands or with the help of a pole
- (wall) surround with a wall in order to fortify
- A side of a building or room, typically forming part of the building's structure
- (wall) anything that sests a wall in structure or function or effect; "a wall of water"; "a wall of smoke"; "a wall of prejudice"; "negotiations ran into a brick wall"
- A continuous vertical brick or stone structure that encloses or divides an area of land
- Any high vertical surface or facade, esp. one that is imposing in scale
- (wall) an architectural partition with a height and length greater than its thickness; used to divide or enclose an area or to support another structure; "the south wall had a small window"; "the walls were covered with pictures"
Wallmonkeys Peel and Stick Wall Graphic - Room with Vaulted Ceiling - 36"H x 24"W
WallMonkeys wall graphics are printed on the highest quality re-positionable, self-adhesive fabric paper. Each order is printed in-house and on-demand. WallMonkeys uses premium materials & state-of-the-art production technologies. Our white fabric material is superior to vinyl decals. You can literally see and feel the difference. Our wall graphics apply in minutes and won't damage your paint or leave any mess. PLEASE double check the size of the image you are ordering prior to clicking the 'ADD TO CART' button. Our graphics are offered in a variety of sizes and prices.
WallMonkeys are intended for indoor use only.
Printed on-demand in the United States Your order will ship within 3 business days, often sooner. Some orders require the full 3 days to allow dark colors and inks to fully dry prior to shipping. Quality is worth waiting an extra day for!
Removable and will not leave a mark on your walls.
'Fotolia' trademark will be removed when printed.
Our catalog of over 10 million images is perfect for virtually any use: school projects, trade shows, teachers classrooms, colleges, nurseries, college dorms, event planners, and corporations of all size.
Church of St. Theresa
The Church of St. Theresa is the most outstanding example of the early Baroque architecture in Vilnius' Old town, Lithuania. The construction of the church started in 1630 under the patronage of the Vice Chancellor of the Grand Duchy Stephen Pac. The architect Ulrich was invited to make the project of the church that should become one of the most beautiful in the city. The gorgeous facade was designed by Constantino Tencalla. For the construction of the church that reminds of the classic models of Roman architecture such expensive materials as Swedish sandstone, granite and marble were chosen. In 1763-1765 the church interior was enriched with sculptures and frescoes. In 1783, the Pociej Chapel - a mausoleum of the noblemen's family - was erected. The church was renovated several times; the last renovation took place in 1976.
The abundantly ornamented interior of the church is in rococo style. The altar made of sandstone is exceptionally beautiful: it is adorned with pilasters-volutes and numerous sculptures. The relief pediment is in the shape of clouds. Mural paintings, decorating the vaults and walls of the central nave, represent the life of St. Theresa. They date from the second part of the 18th century.
The early Baroque monastery buildings were constructed in the first half of the 17th century. They don't boast of the lavish ornamentation but are austere and simple as the monastery buildings are supposed to be. The monks of Carmelites order practiced charity and took care of old people and orphans. Among the citizens the monastery was famous for the excellent beer brewed by Carmelites.
Stucco relief of a nude youth
Stucco (lime plaster)
Roman, late Julio-Claudian or Flavian period
2nd half of the 1st century A.D.
The slow drying and durable qualities of lime plaster made it an ideal medium for the finishing of walls and ceilings. It provided the ground upon which frescoes were painted and also was used to decorate the upper zones of walls and ceilings with three-dimensional architectural moldings and figural reliefs. The surfaces of vaulted ceilings in baths, tombs, and some domestic spaces were subdivided into grid-like patterns based on various geometric shapes and figures like the one pictured here were modeled within them. Worked quickly in damp plaster applied to the still-damp ceiling surface, these reliefs preserve the tool marks and even fingerprints of the skilled artisans who executed them. Sure anatomical knowledge and draftsmanship are combined with a freshness and spontaneity that give these works a lively sense of immediacy.
The relief pictured here depicts a powerfully built young man with unruly hair. He may be a follower of Dionysos, for he wears an animal skin over his left shoulder.
Metropolitan Museum of Art
decorating vaulted walls
Imagine Mitchell’s Gone with the Wind meets McMurtry’s Lonesome Dove. Through the skillful blending of historical events, actual places and real people, Rayzor Dent’s fiction creates an American saga of the Southwest that is both heart-pounding and heartwarming.
The mystery of Vaulted Eagles begins in modern day Mesilla, New Mexico, where an old cowboy relates the family story to his Eastern-raised grandson. He chronicles the exploits of a brother, sister and a freed slave from the Battle of The Alamo to the beginning of the American Transcontinental Railroad. The story also reveals a secret bribe to Mexican Dictator, Santa Anna, and raises the question of its whereabouts.
Vaulted Eagles becomes a window in time through which is seen one of the most remarkable periods of American history. It is the fast-paced story of adventure, war, romance and mystery that filled only a 17 year span in which the American West was born, and Mexico fell from its position as the second largest country in the world.
live laugh love decoration
football room decorations
nautical christmas decorations
rustic house decor
shirt decorating ideas
outdoor wedding reception decor
victorian room decor
disney princess wall decoration
barbie house decorating games
decorating bathroom mirrors