Dollhouse shutters - Event canopies.
- A miniature toy house used for playing with dolls
- a small model of a house used as a toy by children
- A dollhouse is a toy home, made in miniature. For the last century, dollhouses have primarily been the domain of children but their collection and crafting is also a hobby for many adults.
- a house so small that it is likened to a child's plaything
- Close (a business)
- (shutter) a hinged blind for a window
- Close the shutters of (a window or building)
- (shutter) a mechanical device on a camera that opens and closes to control the time of a photographic exposure
- (shutter) close with shutters; "We shuttered the window to keep the house cool"
The dollhouse project has been on hold for a while, but I finally managed to get the inside walls finished. There's two coats of paint and two coats of varnish.
I had to remove the glass pane before I started painting as the double-sided adhesive didn't stick to the untreated wood very well. Now that the walls are painted it seems to work much better.
Next I'm going to make the window. I'll use overhead transparency as the window glass and make the frame out of two layers of cardboad, placing the transparency between them. The shutter that will be placed on the outside is almost finished, only the part that will be visible from the inside needs a couple of coats of varnish.
The floor will be the hardest part. I still haven't figured out what to do with it. At the moment, I'm thinking of some sort of translucent material to cover the hole and then placing little battery operated lights under it.
One of my dollhouse projects
This is the back of the radio. The glass and the knobs are attached using mirror mounting tape as the structure that used to hold them in place has been removed. As the bottom has a large hole, I will have to make a separate floor to cover it. That will probably be cardboard covered with whatever I decide to use as the floor material. But first the inside needs to be painted.
There will also be a back wall, which will be detachable. I'm going to install lights to the house, because then the house will look like a working radio when the lights are on. Especially, as the round window will have a shutter that is covered with the same fabric I used for the front.
replacement canopy covers
awning for porch
build your own aquarium canopy
door sidelight blinds
blinds arched windows
curtain for canopy bed
romantic canopy beds
blue and brown lamp shades