HOUSE OF VALUES FURNITURE STORE : HOUSE OF VALUES
House of values furniture store : Furniture outlet nc.
House Of Values Furniture Store
- A person's habitual attitude, outlook, and way of thinking
- Furniture + 2 is the most recent EP released by American post-hardcore band Fugazi. It was recorded in January and February 2001, the same time that the band was recording their last album, The Argument, and released in October 2001 on 7" and on CD.
- furnishings that make a room or other area ready for occupancy; "they had too much furniture for the small apartment"; "there was only one piece of furniture in the room"
- Large movable equipment, such as tables and chairs, used to make a house, office, or other space suitable for living or working
- Small accessories or fittings for a particular use or piece of equipment
- Furniture is the mass noun for the movable objects ('mobile' in Latin languages) intended to support various human activities such as seating and sleeping in beds, to hold objects at a convenient height for work using horizontal surfaces above the ground, or to store things.
- (value) a numerical quantity measured or assigned or computed; "the value assigned was 16 milliseconds"
- Consider (someone or something) to be important or beneficial; have a high opinion of
- beliefs of a person or social group in which they have an emotional investment (either for or against something); "he has very conservatives values"
- Estimate the monetary worth of (something)
- (value) fix or determine the value of; assign a value to; "value the jewelry and art work in the estate"
- A building for human habitation, esp. one that is lived in by a family or small group of people
- contain or cover; "This box houses the gears"
- The people living in such a building; a household
- firm: the members of a business organization that owns or operates one or more establishments; "he worked for a brokerage house"
- A family or family lineage, esp. a noble or royal one; a dynasty
- a dwelling that serves as living quarters for one or more families; "he has a house on Cape Cod"; "she felt she had to get out of the house"
- A quantity or supply of something kept for use as needed
- keep or lay aside for future use; "store grain for the winter"; "The bear stores fat for the period of hibernation when he doesn't eat"
- a supply of something available for future use; "he brought back a large store of Cuban cigars"
- A retail establishment selling items to the public
- shop: a mercantile establishment for the retail sale of goods or services; "he bought it at a shop on Cape Cod"
Inland Cigar Factory - 1895
297 1st Avenue, Kamloops, BC.
Description of Historic Place
The Inland Cigar Factory is a two-storey, red-brick Victoria-era commercial structure with a
corbelled cornice, arched second-floor window openings and a recessed central entry. It is
situated on an angled lot at the southwest corner of FIRST Avenue and Seymour Street in
The Inland Cigar Factory is significant for its ties to the agricultural history of Kamloops and is
symbolic as the centre of a one-time thriving cigar manufacturing industry. George A. Borthwick
(1866-1927), who hailed from Victoria, established the Inland Cigar Factory in 1894. The
following year, the company was restructured and refinanced by Marshall Pollock Gordon
(1862-1929), who owned a local furniture store and served as Kamloops mayor for three terms.
That same year, 1895, this building was erected as the headquarters and factory for the company.
Tobacco for the cigars was imported from Cuba and then blended with locally grown tobacco.
To demonstrate the technique of rolling authentic Cuban cigars, the company brought in a
number of consultants from Cuba. At its height, the company employed a staff of twenty-five
who produced up to 4,000 cigars per day. The Inland Cigar Factory continued to operate in this
space until 1913 when they moved next door; this space was then taken over by the Model
The Inland Cigar Factory is valued for its connection with Kamloops’s first commercial district.
Its location on First Avenue was once the center of Kamloops’s thriving downtown commercial
district, which was situated on Victoria Street West. Over time the commercial district has
shifted further east down Victoria Street. Additionally, the Inland Cigar Factory is valued
architecturally as an example of a vernacular industrial structure from the Victorian era. The
walls are constructed of an early locally-made red brick.
Key characteristics that define the heritage character of the Inland Cigar Factory include its:
- prominent corner location on an angled lot at the corner of First Avenue and Victoria Street
- commercial form, scale and massing as expressed by its two-storey height, symmetrical front
facade, rectangular plan and flat roof, with no front or side setbacks
- wood-frame and masonry construction, with common red-brick cladding with flush-struck
mortar joints, segmental arched second-floor window openings, blind arched opening above
central entry, with rubbed brick outline and herringbone infill, and corbelled cornice
- early prefabricated galvanized drainage scuppers at rear
A. McKim House
The historic place at 855 Bernard Ave. is valued for its association with a series of occupants who were major contributors to the growth and development of the community, and for the architecture as a representative example from the pre-WW 2 period in Kelowna. It also has value for being one of many notable heritage buildings along Bernard Avenue east of the downtown core area.
The house was built by J. Emslie Ltd. in 1936 for Albert L.T. and Thelma McKim. Albert McKim was an electrician who became superintendent for West Kootenay Power and Light Co. Ltd. He built the living-room fireplace himself, collecting the smooth stones from local streambeds.
Typical of many residences built between the world wars, the house is 1.5 storeys high with stucco-clad exterior walls. It is simply treated, with windows punched into the walls.
In 1949 the house was sold to Dr. Hynes, a radiologist at Kelowna General Hospital; and in 1954 was again sold, to Owen. L. and Marjory Jones, who lived here in their later years during the 1950s and early 1960s.
The house has particular value for its association with Owen L. Jones (1888-1964). Born in Wales, and doing service during WWI in the Welsh Fusiliers, he and his wife Margaret came to the area in 1920. After a year on an orchard in Oyama, they moved to Kelowna, where Owen Jones and partner Paul Tempest established a furniture store on Bernard Avenue. Successful as a merchant, Jones became active politically. He served as alderman at various times between 1929 and 1948, and as mayor from 1936 to 1939. When the Cooperative Commonwealth Federation (CCF, now the New Democratic Party) was formed in 1933, he ran unsuccessfully for that party in the 1933 provincial election. Shifting to federal politics, he held the Yale riding for the CCF from 1948 until 1958, at which time he was living here. Jones was also on the boards of the Okanagan Regional Library, the Kelowna Hospital, the Board of Trade, and was the first president of the Kelowna and District Credit Union from 1938 to 1940.
bali wood furniture
paine furniture company boston
modern furniture stores in los angeles
standard office furniture
patio furniture seat pads
hart furniture company
quality furniture market of lenoir
20.10.2011. u 11:14 •