MOTORCYCLE GAS TANK RUST REPAIR : HOME REPAIRS WINDOWS
Motorcycle Gas Tank Rust Repair
- A two-wheeled vehicle that is powered by a motor and has no pedals
- motorbike: ride a motorcycle
- MotorCycle is the title of a 1993 album by rock band Daniel Amos, released on BAI Records. The album was dedicated to the memory of songwriter Mark Heard.
- a motor vehicle with two wheels and a strong frame
- A fuel tank is safe container for flammable fluids. Though any storage tank for fuel may be so called, the term is typically applied to part of an engine system in which the fuel is stored and propelled (fuel pump) or released (pressurized gas) into an engine.
- (Gas Tanks) Sometimes referred to as the fuel tank, this is the container that holds or stores the fuel required to run most vehicles.
- a tank for holding gasoline to supply a vehicle
- the act of putting something in working order again
- Put right (a damaged relationship or unwelcome situation)
- Fix or mend (a thing suffering from damage or a fault)
- Make good (such damage) by fixing or repairing it
- restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; "She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
- a formal way of referring to the condition of something; "the building was in good repair"
- A fungal disease of plants that results in reddish or brownish patches
- of the brown color of rust
- A reddish- or yellowish-brown flaky coating of iron oxide that is formed on iron or steel by oxidation, esp. in the presence of moisture
- corrode: become destroyed by water, air, or a corrosive such as an acid; "The metal corroded"; "The pipes rusted"
- a red or brown oxide coating on iron or steel caused by the action of oxygen and moisture
- A state of deterioration or disrepair resulting from neglect or lack of use
Gas Tank - MEK Soak
A methyl ethyl ketone solution that's been soaking for about 30 hours to try and dissolve the polyurethane Kreem liner in the tank.
So far it seems to be doing a pretty good job. I'm eager to move onto removing the rust left in the tank. It looks as though the rust was never previously addressed. Just poorly covered with Kreem liner.
I was able to carve a piece of cork to fit the hole where the petcock connects. It is completely resistant to the chemicals corrosion. The tank is covered in plastics in my attempt to save the paint through this whole process. We'll see how it fairs when I'm done.
Gas tank installed.
2009/10/19: gas tank installed after cleaning, painting and undercoating. All bolts were cleaned and shot with WD-40 before re-installed. The brackets were cleaned, primed and painted as well. The filler neck was cleaned and painted. New fuel hose and clamps connect tank to hard fuel lines.
briggs and stratton small engine repair manual
tubless tire repair
how to repair burn holes in car seats
natural gas furnace repair
steam pipe repair
lg cell phone repair
polyurethane crack repair
cell phone repair center