Make pleated drapes - Home security blinds
Make Pleated Drapes
- ruffle: pleat or gather into a ruffle; "ruffle the curtain fabric"
- (pleat) fold into pleats, "Pleat the cloth"
- Fold into pleats
- (pleat) any of various types of fold formed by doubling fabric back upon itself and then pressing or stitching into shape
- Let (oneself or a part of one's body) rest somewhere in a casual or relaxed way
- Adorn, cover, or wrap (someone or something) loosely with folds of cloth
- (drape) arrange in a particular way; "drape a cloth"
- Arrange (cloth or clothing) loosely or casually on or around something
- (drape) the manner in which fabric hangs or falls; "she adjusted the drape of her skirt"
- (drape) curtain: hanging cloth used as a blind (especially for a window)
- The structure or composition of something
- brand: a recognizable kind; "there's a new brand of hero in the movies now"; "what make of car is that?"
- give certain properties to something; "get someone mad"; "She made us look silly"; "He made a fool of himself at the meeting"; "Don't make this into a big deal"; "This invention will make you a millionaire"; "Make yourself clear"
- engage in; "make love, not war"; "make an effort"; "do research"; "do nothing"; "make revolution"
- The manufacturer or trade name of a particular product
- The making of electrical contact
I picked this vintage granny skirt up from the market for 50 pence cause I fell in love with the colours of the rather fabulous boucle fabric & I also thought that I might be able to make a cape out of it.
I was draping it over my dressmakers dummy today but it just didn’t look right as a cape, it just didn’t hang right, I was just about to give up when a thought came to me…I could make a very simple dress out of this with minimum effort!
So out came the seam unpicker, I made two armholes by removing the zipper on one side & unpicking the seam of the other side & then simply handstitching around the edges to make them look neat…voila, reconstructed granny skirt becomes a sweet boatneck DIY mini dress!
You can usually find these type skirts in abundance at the charity shops for next to nothing, this one is by Gor-ray…it had zipper & button fastening one side & it has kick-pleats both to the front & back.
Vintage granny skirt reconstruction = DIY dress
Tights (?1 shop)
Knitted legwarmers (by my lovely mother-in-law)
Leather belt (charity shop)
Vintage 80s mock-croc bag (market)
Vintage felt hat (charity shop)
Clinton Pleat Maker
Included in this listing is one stainless steel, Clinton Pleat Maker: this sewing tool makes pleats from 1/2" to 1 1/2"; It is easily adjustable to 5 sizes; perfect for skirts, dresses, aprons, drapes; Pleats are all the rage this Summer! Made in 1961 by the Oakville Company. Brand new in original packaging.
truck canopy window
window faux blinds
10x10 canopy cover
made to measure blackout blinds
sun shade cloth
shutter release button
wood window awning