BEST SAXOPHONE MUSIC. BEST SAXOPHONE
Best Saxophone Music. Unique Musical Instruments
Best Saxophone Music
- A member of a family of metal wind instruments with a single-reed mouthpiece, used esp. in jazz and dance music
- sax: a single-reed woodwind with a conical bore
- (saxophonist) a musician who plays the saxophone
- The saxophone (also referred to as the sax) is a conical-bored transposing musical instrument that is a member of the woodwind family. Saxophones are usually made of brass and played with a single-reed mouthpiece similar to that of the clarinet.
- A sound perceived as pleasingly harmonious
- The art or science of combining vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion
- musical activity (singing or whistling etc.); "his music was his central interest"
- any agreeable (pleasing and harmonious) sounds; "he fell asleep to the music of the wind chimes"
- The vocal or instrumental sound produced in this way
- an artistic form of auditory communication incorporating instrumental or vocal tones in a structured and continuous manner
Frank Gratkowski Saxophone
TD Vancouver International jazz festival, Vancouver BC Canada, 2010
Concert: Muller / Gratkowski / Wooley / Eisenstadt
Renowned German bassist Torsten Muller continues to be a valued collaborator on Vancouver’s creative music scene since making the city his home almost a decade ago. A great improviser who expands the sonic possibilities of his instrument through extended techniques, Muller has worked with a diverse cast of international improvisers including Gunter Christmann, Ken Vandermark, Evan Parker, John Butcher, and Robin Holcomb.
German saxophonist and composer Frank Gratkowski is one of the brightest lights in improvised music today, a compelling example both of its current strength and of its future promise. He is an active member of a number of groups, performing with Achim Kaufman, Wolter Wierbos, Gerry Hemingway, Fred van Hove, Tony Oxley, and others, and he has played at many of the world’s most important festivals.
American trumpeter Nate Wooley is a renaissance man in the mold of Dave Douglas, collaborating with a variety of fascinating musicians and pushing the envelope of new creative music.
Harris Eisenstadt - Canada Day
Nominated for Up and Coming Artist of the Year for 2009 by the Jazz Journalists Association, Canadian Brooklyn-based drummer and composer Harris Eisenstadt is among the most versatile and prolific musicians of his generation. His eclectic resume includes performances in genres ranging from film and theatre to poetry, dance, contemporary classical, and opera. A drummer with strong experimental tendencies, Eisenstadt incorporates traditional material into a new and vital framework for improvised music, which always sounds fresh and accessible. Most active in jazz and improvised music, he’s performed all over the globe (with musicians such as Paul Rutherford, Jeb Bishop, Mark Dresser, Achim Kaufmann, Simon Fell, and John Zorn), and appeared on more than 35 recordings over the past decade. His CD Canada Day (Clean Feed) turned up on Best of 2009 lists from the Village Voice, All About Jazz New York, Time Out Lisbon, and many more. With Nate Wooley trumpet, Matt Bauder tenor sax, Chris Dingman vibes, and Tommy Babin bass.
Nikon D60 + Tamron 28-300
© All Rights Reserved.
One of the best alto saxophone players on the East Coast. The concert was held in Umass Amherst.
On this picture he was playing an incredible solo.
silver plated trumpets
music instrument icons
types of instrumental music
play the clarinet
oxo mandoline slicer review
trumpet mouthpiece for sale
artley 18s clarinet
04.11.2011. u 18:37 •