Grey velvet drapes - Silver screen shades - Canopy faux silk drapery panel
Grey Velvet Drapes
- A closely woven fabric of silk, cotton, or nylon, that has a thick short pile on one side
- smooth and soft to sight or hearing or touch or taste
- resembling velvet in having a smooth soft surface
- a silky densely piled fabric with a plain back
- Soft downy skin that covers a deer's antler while it is growing
- Adorn, cover, or wrap (someone or something) loosely with folds of cloth
- (drape) curtain: hanging cloth used as a blind (especially for a window)
- Arrange (cloth or clothing) loosely or casually on or around something
- (drape) arrange in a particular way; "drape a cloth"
- (drape) the manner in which fabric hangs or falls; "she adjusted the drape of her skirt"
- Let (oneself or a part of one's body) rest somewhere in a casual or relaxed way
- of an achromatic color of any lightness intermediate between the extremes of white and black; "the little grey cells"; "gray flannel suit"; "a man with greyish hair"
- Lady Jane (1537–54), niece of Henry VIII; queen of England July 9–19, 1553. In 1553, to ensure a Protestant succession, John Dudley, the Duke of Northumberland, forced Jane to marry his son and persuaded the dying Edward VI to name Jane as his successor. She was deposed by forces loyal to Edward's (Catholic) sister Mary and was executed the following year
- United States writer of western adventure novels (1875-1939)
- make grey; "The painter decided to grey the sky"
Lawrence the ex teddyboy
I loved Friday night when I got into my teddy boy suit..my drape was grey with a velvet collar and half moon pockets...drainpipe bottoms.. a boot lace tie..the Tony Curtis haircut with the kiss curl...I also wore brothel creepers...five of us went around to all the hops..there was a place in Prudoe called the Bill Haley Club..all the lasses had their frocks on we used to rock around the clock...the music was Bill Haley and the Comets...I enjoyed my years as a teenager...I wasn't a bad boy but I did get into fights now and again...
Lawrence Brown born 5/12/34 aged 73
Strobotolgical Info: A) Two 285HVs into draped black velvet in the background. They measured at the same exposure as the main light. B) Hair light from directly above and set to measure one stop less than the main light. C) One Calumet Travelite 750 for main light through umbrella and on camera left set to 1/125 @ f/11. I used a handheld light meter to measure lighting.
Sidenote: Check with your local fabric shop. I was a able to get this swath for $4 because it had been damaged. Makes for a great gray or black background.
patio awnings canada
sew drapery panels
fabric draping techniques
windows blinds wallpaper
floor lamp with drum shade